Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Cuttle's 6.89 Wishlog

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Cuttle's 6.89 Wishlog 12 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » August 14, 2016 11:55am | Report
Well, The International has concluded, and even though most of us did our 6.89 wishlogs a while back, I wanted to wait a bit before creating mine, and I've been tweaking it for a while too, with all of my weird Aghs and Balance ideas. So, for your reading pleasure, 6.89 Wishlog.

General Changes:
Cloak Aura only stacks up to 3 times now. (So large stacks are still farmable)

Fountain Aura units can no longer be hit by Meat Hook. (To prevent fountain farming)

The Fountain no longer attacks. Instead enemy heroes in the fountain lose 50% of their max hp per second and it cannot be reduced. This is only 25% for enemy creeps. (Continued, as stacking evasion and a few other ways can bypass fountain)

In Unranked, Randoming can only be done in the first 20 seconds (No more last second randoms ruining drafts)

In Ranked, Randoming can only be done in the first 2 picks. Ranked randoms only award 100 bonus gold. (Late randoms ruin drafts)

Gold Penalty for late picking in unranked reworked, instead of losing 2 gold per second, it sets the late picker starting gold from 625 to 300. (To penalize unfair last second picks and make it a lot less likely for everyone to pick at 0 seconds)

Item Changes:
Silver Edge:
Backstab debuff is now purged by magic immunity.
This aspect of it could be nice to fix, yeah. Also a Slark nerf.

Octarine Core:
Lifesteal from creeps increased from 5% to 12%
So it resembles an actual sustain item.

Infused Raindrops:
Cooldown increased from 4 to 6.
Damage block reduced from 120 to 100.
No more quick burning, and also no more “it procs twice so I didn’t die”. Reduce the damage amount so that Zeus is a little bit better.

Moon Shard
Absorbing Moon Shard now absorbs the Shade Sight night vision as well. Shade Sight still doesn't stack.
Makes the item feel more complete and edible before the 7th slot

Hurricane Pike
Reduced number of unlimited range attacks from 4 to 3.
The item feels a bit too strong, and mainly this is to nerf Drow.

Echo Sabre
Cooldown increased from 5 to 6.5
Slow duration from 0.6 to 1.
To nerf Sven, and to buff Visage. The slow increase helps other non-Sven heroes quite a bit.

Eye of Skadi
Now stacks with ability UAMs (Caustic Finale, Mana Break, Arcane Orb), but not item UAMs except Lifesteal.
Buffs to those 2 carries, at least their options, since they will be unlikely to buy these items, but it at the least give them an option for these. It doesn’t affect SK, except maybe give him a kiting option.

Poor Man's Shield
Damage block chance for heroes reduced from 100 to 85%.
To nerf some of the melee heroes (Like Timber, Nyx, Jugg, or that Void guy) that use this item so much.

Iron Talon
Damage type from active is now magical and not pure.
Nerf to talon junglers so not everyone can do it as easily, and punishes stacking, so it is overall a nerf to jungle Axe.

Eul's Scepter of Divinity
Damage dealt from active reduced from 50 to 30.
This is mainly because people carrying raindrops and a blink are always able to escape when Eul’d.

New Item: Marble of the Sea Urchin, made from Blade Mail, Reaver, and a Recipe
2200 + 3000 + 800 = 6000

+ 30 Strength
+ 10 Intelligence
+ 6 Armor
+ 22 damage

Passive:
Shell of Protection: Reduces incoming damage by 12%

Active:
Damage Return: Returns 100% of damage taken back to the damager. Last 4.5 seconds. 25 mana cost. 15 cooldown.

Flavor Text: In the darkest depths lies the power to return even the most powerful forces to their owners.

A blade mail upgrade mainly meant as buff for Razor, WK, and BB’s late games. An old idea I had. It works well on Timber as well, but he is getting a nerf so whatever.

Hero Changes:

Abaddon:
Base armor increased by 1.
Slight buff to his laning

Arc Warden:
Tempest Double now has a passive component where the double is a “phantom” unit, where all its cooldowns are visible, and it can be moved without collision in this form, though it has no vision, cannot attack, use items, or cast spells, and is undetectable to enemies. Using the skill will now materialize the phantom double in its current position, but he cannot be materialized farther than 800/1200/1600 units away from the original Warden.
Aghs Scepter Upgrade: Tempest Double can be materialized globally
Spark Wraith purge now works on Repel’d units.
Spark Wraith mana cost increased to 90.
Just something I thought would be interesting, make his mid better, and make Tempest Double more in the player’s control instead of always being summoned next to him, with an astral spirit like quality, more able to target backlines and easier to keep track of its cooldowns. I have the impression it might make him too powerful, so I’m very iffy on this one.

Anti-Mage:
Mana Break Damage rescaled from 0.6x mana burned to 0.4/0.5/0.6/0.7x
BAT increased to 1.5
To discourage mass stating (AM is one of the only heroes that can neglect 2 skills in favor of stats), and slightly increases his damage, which is slightly offset by the BAT nerf.

Beastmaster:
Call of the Wild Boar damage type changed from Piercing to Chaos.
Slows down neutral farming and tower pushing, but makes his harass power against heroes stronger.

Bloodseeker:
Bloodrage cast point reduced from 0.2 to 0.1.
Rupture damage increased from 26/42/60% to 35/47/60% of distance moved. Maximum distance increased from 1300 to 1500.
A buff to low level rupture since it sucks, and a buff to his ability to cast bloodrage to manipulate fights. Increase to the max distance is for QoP and Aether + Dagger being able to avoid the damage.

Brewmaster:
Base armor increased by 1 to 3.14.
INT increased from 14 + 1.25 to 17 + 1.5
Gives Brew more of an early edge that he has been missing.

Bristleback:
Quill Spray mana cost reduced from 35 to 20/25/30/35
Passive Quill Spray procs now triggers Warpath.
Buff to an underpowered hero. May be a bit too generous.

Chaos Knight:
Aghs Upgrade: Allows Reality Rift to be cast on magic immune units, increases the cast range to 1000, increases illusion gather range from 1375 to 2500 and reduces the cast point from 0.4 to 0.15.
Gives him a better option for dealing with magic immune heroes. Also will make him better at initiating too.

Chen:
Hand of God cooldown reduced from 120 to 120/100/80.
A buff to his post-20 minutes gameplay.

Disruptor:
Glimpse can now be stopped by becoming invulnerable (Euls, Phase Shift, Banishes).
Slight nerf to a powerful skill.

Doom:
Doom cooldown reduced from 145 to 140/130/120
Infernal Blade base burn damage reduced from 25/30/35/40 to 10.
Aghs Doom now provides vision of the target for the duration.
Buff his late, hurt his early poking power. Seems fair. The Aghs upgrade makes it more buyable, since Doom can still be easily juked.

Dragon Knight:
Elder Dragon Form DK now uses melee values for all items except Battle Fury, Basher, and Dragon Lance (Stout, SnY, Manta, VG, Heart, Quelling/Talon. For abyssal he will use the melee damage block values and ranged bash values).
Aghs Upgrade: Causes Corrosive Breath to reduce health regeneration on the target (Ala Ice Blast), with 70% on heroes and 100% on buildings. This works against Backdoor Protection as well.
A return to a thing in Dota 1 where ranged DK had a melee vanguard, it gives him more item options, the Aghs gives him a unique ability to deal with backdoor protection, and it should not be broken because he has to take it down in 1 go and doesn’t disable the damage reduction.

Drow Ranger:
Precision Aura is now only half effective at global range, instead now the full damage radius is 1500.
Precision Aura active cooldown reduced from 100 to 100/95/90/85
Aghs Scepter now makes the Precision Aura work at full power globally.
Mainly so that picking Drow doesn’t cause mid to be pretty much completely won. CD buff on active keeps along with Visage buff makes him pretty strong.

Elder Titan:
Base str reduced by 3.
Weaken that early game, so that running him is a bit riskier.

Ember Spirit:
Activate Fire Remnant now has a 0.3/0.2/0.1 cast point.
Flame Guard absorption amounts increased from 50/200/350/500 to 200/300/400/500.
Str gain increased from 2 to 2.2.
Agi gain increased from 1.8 to 2.0.
Nerf to his most annoying part, while buffing his early game a bit. It also ends the thing where people skip later levels of his ult, as compensation, his str and agi gain are slightly increased.

Faceless Void:
Base strength reduced by 2.
Chronosphere cast range reduced from 600 to 400/500/600
23 starting str and agility makes him really freaking strong early game. This makes him less annoying to deal with right from laning. Also nerf early and midgame chronosphere, making offlane Void more reliant on Blink.

Gyrocopter:
Aghs Scepter reworked: Makes Homing Missile target every enemy unit in a 1050 AOE. Removes the bounty on homing missiles. Homing Missile delay reduced from 3 to 1.5.
Flak Cannon cooldown reduced from 30 to 25.
Attack Range increased from 365 to 400.
A buff to an overnerfed hero, as well as a more fun Aghs that will make people want to pick up Homing Missile.

Jakiro:
Turn rate improved from 0.5 to 0.7.
Ice Path Radius increased from 150 to 150/180/210/240.
Makes Jakiro less sluggish. Also, make Ice Path more accurate, and match the radius of Macropyre.

Kunkka:
X Marks the Spot mana cost increased from 50 to 50/60/70/80
Ghost Ship rum buff reduced from 10 seconds to 7. (Still 10 with Aghs)
The rum buff lasts so long, and X Marks is an almost costless ability.

Leshrac:
Lightning Storm damage rescaled from 50/100/150/200 to 80/120/160/200.
Base Strength increased by 3.
Aghs Scepter reworked: Instead of having a stronger pulse nova, Leshrac gains access to a second, independent Pulse Nova (ala Timbersaw).
Now Leshrac can actually use this skill to last hit at level 1, especially since he still only does 43 damage a hit. Also, make this hero that is played as a tank a bit less paper, and buff his late game closer to a real carry’s level in a way that rewards having Bloodstone charges.

Lina:
Fiery Soul now adds 1/2/3/4% spell amp per stack.
A further boost to her damage, and incentivizes keeping the stacks up.

Mirana:
Aghs Mirana now has a cooldown shown as part of the item’s cooldown.
Starstorm casted by Aghs will no longer drop a second star.
A UI Fix, and a nerf to the overbought Aghs.

Ogre Magi:
Base armor increased by 5.
Wait no

Omniknight:
Repel cooldown increased from 14 to 20
This skill is way too powerful. I thought it would be better to nerf the downtime rather than its other factors, so no more perma-repeled carries.

Outworld Devourer:
Base damage increased by 4
Damage spread reduced from 15 to 6. (Damage was 46-61, now it is 55-61 averaging 57 a hit)
Aghs Scepter Reworked: Instead of Astral Imprisonment on all opponents hit by Sanity’s Eclipse, Essence Aura radius is doubled to 1800, and now has a negative effect for enemies that reduces the duration of all sources of magic immunity by 2 seconds if they are activated in the area. Enemies cannot see negative essence aura unless they see OD, like other auras.
Now he can last hit, and thus, control his lane in early levels. Also, a new not-useless Aghs that will probably not be picked up much unless you have some Tinker or Storm on your team, but I think there will be nothing more fun than typing “You 3 Second BKB Buddy”.

Phantom Lancer:
Str Gain from 1.7 to 2.2
Doppelganger cooldown rescaled from 25/20/15/10 to 28/21/14/7
Juxtapose illusions damage boosted from 16 to 20%.
Aghs Scepter Upgrade: Juxtapose now take 100% damage, but will disappear when they fall to 3/4 of the health they were summoned with.
Hero needs some big buffs, I hope this isn’t overdoing it.The Aghs makes him a greater master of deception, and increase the tankiness of the illusions from 5x to 4x.

Phoenix:
Sun Ray health cost increased from 6 to 7%
Supernova cast point increased from 0.01 to 0.25
Ray is rather strong, this increases its cost at the least. Also, the Ult cast point nerf makes its defensive uses more limited.

Pudge:
Meat Hook now requires Aghanim’s Scepter to damage and ministun through magic immunity.
Dismember now heals for the amount of damage done instead of full amounts regardless.
Nerfs to him, power has been a creeping. Now hood and bkb are better counter items against him.

Queen of Pain:
INT gain increased from 2.5 to 3.4.
Make her scale better with levels mainly, since running her is really risky these days.

Razor:
Static Link damage steal increased from 7/14/21/28 to 12/18/24/30.
Base Armor increased by 1 to 3.14
Eye of the Storm armor reduced per hit increased from 1 to 1.2/1.4/1.6.
Bringing back the mid dominator, someone who can do it from level 1 properly now. Eye of the Storm buff makes his late game much better too. I hope this isn't going too far, but Razor feels like one of the weakest cores in Dota right now.

Riki:
Blink Strike cast range reduced from 800 to 500/600/700/800.
Nerf his roaming power a bit, at least with sentries we will see him coming.

Rubick:
Null Field values increased from 5/10/15/20 to 12/15/18/21%.
The skill is useless in low levels, but still very strong when maxed. This helps Rubick a bit when he’s not dominating.

Sand King:
Caustic Finale only explodes for half damage on illusions now.
SK honestly should not be able to instakill PL and CK with Aghs. I mean we made Tricks of the Trade not cleave on illusions.

Shadow Fiend:
Requiem of Souls slow increased from 25% to 30/38/46%.
Something that helps him better from behind, makes this slow much more significant, even if you are lacking in souls for damage.

Silencer:
Arcane Curse base slow removed.
Arcane Curse now slows 10/14/18/22% for each silenced active spell the opponent has that is not on cooldown.
Arcane Curse damage increased from 14/22/30/38 to 20/28/36/44
A bit of a rework and buff for Arcane Curse so that it is capable of slowing a significant amount, especially against certain heroes.

Slardar:
Aghs Upgrade: Amplify Damage on targets with greater than 20 armor will have their armor reduced so that they have 0. This value adjusts as a target gets more of less armor (meaning 35 armor hero that gets hit by Deso will have 0 armor and not -7)
A buff to Slardar’s late game, and improves his potential against high armor heroes.

Slark:
Dark Pact now only deals half damage to creeps.
Aghs Upgrade: Shadow Dance and Dark Pact can be used while stunned, but not silenced.
A gutting of his farming, so that he actually has to gank people. The Aghs upgrade is a viable alternative to a BKB on him, like Ursa.

Sniper:
Assassinate is no longer disjointable.
BAT reduced to 1.6
Aghs Upgrade: Shrapnel slow now penetrates magic immunity. Charge restock time from 55 to 20.
A pretty big buff to a pretty terrible hero.

Sven:
Storm Hammer stun duration rescaled from 2 to 1/1.4/1.8/2.2
No more attribute bonus exploiting.

Techies:
Removed from Captain’s Mode.
Reworked skill learning: First 3 skills now have 7 levels (Learned at 1/3/5/7/9/11/13). Remote Mines now has 4 (Learned at 3/8/13/18). Does not have attribute bonuses.
Mines no longer can be quelling bladed until they have been active for 5 seconds.
INT Gain increased from 2.9 to 4.2.
Mine damage is now amplified by spell amp, though Octarine Core will not steal life.
Land Mines: Damage: 140/170/200/230/260/290/320 Mana Cost: 50/60/70/80/90/100/110 CD: 8/7.5/7/6.5/6/5.5/5
Stasis Trap: Stun duration: 2/2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5/5 Mana Cost: 80/95/110/125/140/155/170 CD: 20/18/16/14/12/10/8
Suicide Squad, A Movie that Makes People hate DC Fanboys: Full Damage:525/650/775/900/1025/1150/1275 Partial Damage: 300/360/420/480/540/600/660 Mana Cost: 100/110/120/130/140/150/160 CD: 160/145/130/115/100/85/70
Remote Mines: Damage: 150/300/450/600/750 (aghs) Mana Cost: 150/200/250/300 CD: 10
Some experimental thing to give Techies an incentive to go into late, while also buffing up some of his weak points like auto quelling his mines in lane.

Terrorblade:
Aghs Upgrade: Reflection illusions gain the attack modifiers from items and orbs (examples: Glaives of Wisdom, Essence Shift, Mjollnir, Drow Aghs, Geostrike, Bash, Cleave), but not the damage or IAS.
One of my crazy Aghs ideas that makes TB’s Anti-Carrying abilities stronger, and make a Offlane TB a little more viable than almost not at all.

Timbersaw:
Reactive Armor regen reduced from 1/1.2/1.4/1.6 to 1 per stack, and is now fully disabled by Break.
This is the part of his laning that is actually annoying, his massive sustain. The armor is still pretty beatable.

Tinker:
Can no longer rearm Blade Mail or Satanic, cannot rearm Marble of the Sea Urchin.
Just to kill a cheese strat before one even begins.

Treant Protector:
With Aghs, Overgrowth now always does damage and can no longer be dispelled
Some late game buffs, especially since the spell starts feeling weak.

Troll Warlord:
Base damage increased by 6.
Aghs Upgrade: Battle Trance duration increased from 5 to 9, and now applies the bonus to all allied creeps in a 900 AOE when activated.
Help his laning, he’s already one of the worst carries from behind, help his last hitting a bit. The Aghs makes Troll’s towerpushing even stronger, may work well with Necronomicons.

Tusk:
Ice Shard damage increased from 60/120/180/240 to 70/140/210/280
Walrus Punch! slow increased from 40% to 50%
The hero needs something. I hope this helps

Undying:
Decay now represents all stolen str with one buff with a number rather than a number of buffs.
UI Fix.

Visage:
Magic resist increased from 10 to 18%
Soul Assumption Mana Cost from 170/160/150/140 to 140
Movespeed increased from 285 to 295.
It’s been so long since he got these nerfs, I don’t think he needs to be arbitrarily weaker than all other heroes now. They have all caught up.

If you have any thoughts feel free to leave them.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » August 14, 2016 3:05pm | Report
Leaving aside reworks, one buff I feel that would be good for Sniper is for him to be able to cast Shrapnel without having to face the targeted point. (Similar to the Torrent buff placed in awhile back)

Edit: Also, Thirst might need a rework since it's either stupidly op (See 6.84) or completely underwhelming.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » August 14, 2016 5:48pm | Report
I kind of like this idea:

Bloodrage now provides truestrike, but also gives 100% accuracy to people attacking the affected target.

All in all, great patch, Cuttlefrog.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » August 15, 2016 3:22am | Report
I like most of the ideas but thé Slardar one is a big troubling to me...
That's some serious hate towards agility carries. Kinda makes him weaker against supports but still...that sounds pretty strong man.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » August 15, 2016 3:27am | Report
A couple of thoughts:

-if you nerf Omniknight, you buff Oracle. You didn't touch the second one at all.
-no Huskar changes at all
- Sniper aghs gives me 0 incentive to buy it over an actual DPS item

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » August 15, 2016 4:08am | Report
Why would you buff arc warden? That hero is insane already.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » August 15, 2016 8:50am | Report
caine1232 wrote:

Why would you buff arc warden? That hero is insane already.

I was iffy about it, and the materialization was more of a concept. Though I think Drow nerfs, more nukers (Lina) and gap closers (PL) will make him decently manageable, as well as mana cost nerf on Spark Wraith being significant. In my highest level games (~4k with a stack), the Arc Wardens mid that I see are not often that dangerous unless he's paired with Drow.

Wulfstan wrote:

-if you nerf Omniknight, you buff Oracle. You didn't touch the second one at all.
-no Huskar changes at all
- Sniper aghs gives me 0 incentive to buy it over an actual DPS item

Omni Oracle: I feel like this is a false equivalence. Because Omni is countered by Oracle whether or not he has a 14 to 20 second cooldown on repel because the cooldown on fortune's end is shorter either way. And the main thing here is Omniknight felt too strong in all pub levels, while Oracle doesn't at any level of play including pros.

Huskar: Does he need them? I think with the Drow aura nerf, he won't be seeing much mid play, and with the buffing of OD, PL, and Troll, he is not abnormally hard to counter. An armlet nerf could work, but it also seems unfair for Alchemist, who is in a nice state of not being terrible.

Sniper: Okay. It can still be gifted by Alch, and in pubs, you don't always get to play the Sniper position you want. If you're forced into a 3 or lower role, you now have a different option that is better for turtling, pushing, and area denial than other items you can get in a lower position.

michimatsch wrote:

I like most of the ideas but thé Slardar one is a big troubling to me...
That's some serious hate towards agility carries. Kinda makes him weaker against supports but still...that sounds pretty strong man.

Well, it doesn't make him weaker against supports, since it will still subtract 20 if they have less than 20. And yeah, the purpose is to make it so that he can cripple high armor heroes, and make them rely on things like allied Lotus Orbs to protect them from Amp Damage, its like Natural Order, except its countered by purges rather than mobility. Despite this, it's still an Aghs on Slardar, and a late game oriented one at that. I imagine it would not be bought in every game since there are games where more damage, IAS, or other utility items are better, so it should not have the Mirana Aghs syndrome.

Though you can argue that Slardar Aghs makes Axe unplayably bad in the way SK aghs currently makes PL unplayably bad.

Safecyn wrote:

I kind of like this idea:

Bloodrage now provides truestrike, but also gives 100% accuracy to people attacking the affected target.

That's a cool idea. Seems a little hard to balance, but will make BS a lot more relevant if he can instantly manipulate miss chances. And the comboing with Wind would be so lovely both ways.

Fedorable wrote:

Leaving aside reworks, one buff I feel that would be good for Sniper is for him to be able to cast Shrapnel without having to face the targeted point. (Similar to the Torrent buff placed in awhile back)

That Sniper idea is a decent way to buff him, turning is a big part of his gameplay after all.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » August 15, 2016 9:37am | Report
It is just me who wants to nerf suicide on neutral creeps ? Supportd on the pro scene do this exploit all day and no one seems to care

About your patch
All item changes are very good, with a few exceptions
Eye of Skadi Antimage is broken
No nerf to Manta Style + Diffusal Blade combo ? Heroes like void doing this are almost disgusting, at least manta style need to lose ita purge
Rod of Athos need a buff

For heroes...
Arc Warden buffs are ****, the hero already rushs Boots of travel anyway, you are fixing one of the hero many problems, he benefits now only from low cooldown itens that makes impact early on, so Dagon Orchid Malevolence Scythe of Vyse Shivas Guard are itens that make sense on him now, make he a int hero that goes mid and gank early on(we just have QoP anyway), also he could be played even as a support with this change.

Almost everything on doom needs a buff right now, at least make infernal blade good

So much wtf aghs XD, have to pay attention on what they do, bad concept at all

Aannnd at Silencer, his carry is almost dead right now, and his sup is one dispell from being ignored, Bloodthorn Scythe of Vyse Shivas Guard Eye of Skadi and Silver Edge have so much potential on him, pretty bad only the sup component of the hero is being buffed and its bad, wish icefrog payed more attention on him

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » August 15, 2016 9:51pm | Report
I'm pretty salty Phantom Lancer was turned into complete dog**** in this nearly perfectly balanced patch, Diffusal Blade might be a buff to non illusion heroes, but it's now really bad for the one hero that i would say RELIES on diffusal to deal damage. He needs a buff, badly. PL doesn't really do tower damage with illusions anyway, since his illusions last only 8 seconds, why not buff the illusion damage?

Faceless Void looks real powerful, but that might be because he is picked as a counter most of the time.

No Shadow Demon nerf? triggerring tbh, his Q needs to have more downtime on such a powerful spell.

Mirana aghs is still obnoxious, it's a 600 damage aoe nuke every 12 seconds. It does too much for the hero as it is, a hero like mirana should be focusing on killing heroes, and yet she can farm creeps as well as a Luna or sven.

I have a lot of other disagreements with your patch tbh, but i think that's to each his own. The ones i've listed above are the important ones, that most players seem to agree on.

edit: except PL, i'm the only guy i know still salty about PL.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » August 15, 2016 10:54pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

About your patch
All item changes are very good, with a few exceptions
Eye of Skadi Antimage is broken
No nerf to Manta Style + Diffusal Blade combo ? Heroes like void doing this are almost disgusting, at least manta style need to lose ita purge

Okay.

So, Why is AM with Skadi OP? He still needs Boots, Bfury, Manta, and Abyssal. This leaves him with 2 item slots where he normally chooses between MKB, BKB, Heart, Bfly. Adding Skadi to the final 2 slots mix doesn't make him godly or anything. He's still gonna prefer Basher for control, he's a melee hero. I'd be a lot more willing to accept that Skadi OD is OP.

Remove Manta purge? Seems like you want to nerf AM. The heroes where Diffusal Manta are heavily bought on are getting nerfed, since PMS nerf hurts Jugg's mid and Void's offlane (as well as Void getting more early game nerfs). If you nerf every aspect of a powerful hero, you end up with 6.84 Sniper to 6.85 Storm, unplayable garbage.

YellulzQuiet wrote:

For heroes...
Arc Warden buffs are ****, the hero already rushs Boots of travel anyway, you are fixing one of the hero many problems, he benefits now only from low cooldown itens that makes impact early on, so Dagon Orchid Malevolence Scythe of Vyse Shivas Guard are itens that make sense on him now, make he a int hero that goes mid and gank early on(we just have QoP anyway), also he could be played even as a support with this change.

Okay, I'm not following here. First, you seem to be under the impression that Arc is currently a terrible hero. That's not the case, he's a good mid because Drow makes his mid not suck. Second, your Arc Wardens don't rush Midas, but Travels? Third, What you say seems true, but I don't see how it connects. So, the buff here is irrelevant and the only buff you will accept is a remake into a INT hero? Why can't we preserve some of the identity of the current Warden as an AGI hero that can itemize more openly with damage or utility items? You mentioned yourself that if we do convert Warden into INT hero we're making him into QoP.

YellulzQuiet wrote:

Almost everything on doom needs a buff right now, at least make infernal blade good

So much wtf aghs XD, have to pay attention on what they do, bad concept at all

So, I notice you're making a lot of claims here, but you don't say why.
Why does every part of Doom need a buff? His ult cd was the thing that was getting really heavily nerfed, and Infernal Blade was why he was being played so aggressively, so it made sense to buff doom and nerf infernal.
For the Aghs, you say something that I can't quite follow, and then you say something about bad concepts. You don't address any of the aghs, but you just seem (possibly?) to say they're bad as if I could read your mind.

Now, onto Masaaki.

masaaki14 wrote:

I'm pretty salty Phantom Lancer was turned into complete dog**** in this nearly perfectly balanced patch, Diffusal Blade might be a buff to non illusion heroes, but it's now really bad for the one hero that i would say RELIES on diffusal to deal damage. He needs a buff, badly. PL doesn't really do tower damage with illusions anyway, since his illusions last only 8 seconds, why not buff the illusion damage?

I agree, that's why he's one of the most buffed heroes in this little Wishlog. It seems you don't quite agree with the direction though, since I went for the "more tanky and elusive" with a little bit of damage boost rather than damage and pushing.

masaaki14 wrote:

Faceless Void looks real powerful, but that might be because he is picked as a counter most of the time.

No Shadow Demon nerf? triggerring tbh, his Q needs to have more downtime on such a powerful spell.

Mirana aghs is still obnoxious, it's a 600 damage aoe nuke every 12 seconds. It does too much for the hero as it is, a hero like mirana should be focusing on killing heroes, and yet she can farm creeps as well as a Luna or sven.

Void I think will be put down by the nerfs here, between PMS, Talon, reduced strength, and lower chrono cast range. He should still be a decent enough pick.

SD I don't find too powerful. Or rather, if the combo is too powerful, you only need to nerf one part of it and it will fall apart. The SD combos that are too powerful are Drow, Jugger, Void. A lot of these heroes are much more vulnerable in lane with the nerfs. The other strong combos (TB, Luna, Centaur?) are not super powerful picks anyway. Plus, OD, DK, Gyro, and Leshrac buffs make illusions more counterable draft-wise.

Mirana, I think with removing the double second star it hurts her nuke power and will reduce the max nuker build which is easily her best build at the moment, and I think she is decently nerfed too with Lina, BS, and Rubick buffs. As I noted above, I don't really like to dumpster heroes.

Anyway, I'm liking the activity on this thread. I'm enjoying a refreshing look on how our forum mates see balance in this game.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved