Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Customising Aghanim's Scepter's upgrades for every hero!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Customising Aghanim's Scepter's upgrades for every hero! 331 posts - page 1 of 34
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 27, 2015 5:27am | Report
From here everyone can share their thoughts by giving entirely new Aghanim's Scepter's upgrades which are different from the official one, to improve your creativity, as well as, well, might be, IceIce will look at this and might apply any of them into the DotA.

Rules:
  • No value changes only, and be creative!
    You may add a some extra effects, or adjust some value, but changing value only are just too lame.
  • You can add extra effects in addition to current actual upgrades.
    Extra effect of Fiend's Grip from Aghanim's Scepter's upgrade cannot be inflicting current level of Nightmare to enemy who attacked Bane only, you need to add more extra effects or change it entirely.
  • Extra effects/side effects are always welcomed.
    Such as sleep, stun, silence, etc etc, giving double, triple, or even unlimited value of something (changes in terms of value are unacceptable), or removing cooldown are all acceptable.
  • Since most carry who prefers on damage/attack speed item will rarely get the Aghanim's Scepter, so it's reasonable to give them some slightly OP Aghanim's Scepter's upgrades.
    For example, since Eclipse only gains extra beam counts from Aghanim's Scepter, so you may add more powerful buffs/debuffs.
  • And lastly... Balance it!
    Just don't give too OP or too UP upgrades ok?
  • You can share your idea for any hero, even it has been suggested by someone else.
    Let's say, I have already suggested a Coup de Grace upgrade, you can suggests another Coup de Grace upgrade which is different from mine and I will put it here as well.

Heroes upgraded : 63 out of 112

new update

A~B

c~d

e~j

k~l

m~o

p~r

s

t~u

v~z
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 27, 2015 6:03am | Report
Me is want sticky for le thread

Also:

Vendetta removes the hit target's magic resistance completely for 3 seconds
Thundergod's Wrath flying vision now follows the hit heroes for 14 seconds
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » February 27, 2015 6:05am | Report
Will do if it picks up some interest.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » February 27, 2015 6:16am | Report
Doom: The frightening sight of a Doomed target scares all enemies that look at it for more than 0.5 seconds, giving them a 2 second debuff that lowers ALL stats (stats, movespeed, damage, crit chance, everything!) by 10% or the duration. The debuff is refreshed/reapplied every time the enemy hero looks at the poor, Doomed target for more than 0.5 seconds.

Dark Seer: Wall of Replica becomes Ring of Replica -- instead of a wall, Dark Seer creates a ring with radius 600. Also increases cast range to 1500.

Earth Spirit: Every pulse of Magnetize (2 per sec) mini-stuns the affected units for 0.1 sec.

Juggernaut: Adds unit-targeting to Omnislash; during Omnislash, Juggernaut can right-click an enemy hero to focus all his attacks on it (and not jump around randomly). Clicking a new enemy within range moves focus to that hero.

Lina: The intense shock from Laguna Blade stuns the target for 1 second, then slows movement and attack speed over 6 seconds, decreasing linearly from 100% to 0%.

Tidehunter: Before the stun is applied, Ravage will knock all enemies caught inside its radius a maximum of 600 units towards Tidehunter.

Meepo: Meepo's clones takes the physical form of his other team mates (giving ranged attack to clones looking like ranged heroes, but all have Meepo's abilities ofc) to confuse the enemy. His team can see which are clones by their grey-ish colour.

Puck: The "leashes" becomes shorter and shorter, forcing enemies caught in Dream Coil to either walk towards the centre or get stunned. Radius decreases from 375 to 175 over the 6 seconds.

Rubick: Can now Spell Steal from his own team mates too.

That is all for now!
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 27, 2015 7:02am | Report
Swixcap wrote:

Doom: The frightening sight of a Doomed target scares all enemies that look at it for more than 0.5 seconds, giving them a 2 second debuff that lowers ALL stats (stats, movespeed, damage, crit chance, everything!) by 10% or the duration. The debuff is refreshed/reapplied every time the enemy hero looks at the poor, Doomed target for more than 0.5 seconds...what?

Dark Seer: Wall of Replica becomes Ring of Replica -- instead of a wall, Dark Seer creates a ring with radius 600. Also increases cast range to 1500. gud, but not really needed he already has that strong Vacuum

Earth Spirit: Every pulse of Magnetize (2 per sec) mini-stuns the affected units for 0.1 sec.too strong volvo pls

Juggernaut: Adds unit-targeting to Omnislash; during Omnislash, Juggernaut can right-click an enemy hero to focus all his attacks on it (and not jump around randomly). Clicking a new enemy within range moves focus to that hero.plz no

Lina: The intense shock from Laguna Blade stuns the target for 1 second, then slows movement and attack speed over 6 seconds, decreasing linearly from 100% to 0%. ehhh its really strong but considering Viper Strike, ehhh. doesnt fit the hero tho.

Tidehunter: Before the stun is applied, Ravage will knock all enemies caught inside its radius a maximum of 600 units towards Tidehunter.? unneeded

Meepo: Meepo's clones takes the physical form of his other team mates (giving ranged attack to clones looking like ranged heroes, but all have Meepo's abilities ofc) to confuse the enemy. His team can see which are clones by their grey-ish colour.?????

Puck: The "leashes" becomes shorter and shorter, forcing enemies caught in Dream Coil to either walk towards the centre or get stunned. Radius decreases from 375 to 175 over the 6 seconds.it already pierce aghs y u do dis

Rubick: Can now Spell Steal from his own team mates too.no

That is all for now!

final verdict: please for all that is gaben no ;_;
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 27, 2015 7:17am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Vendetta removes the hit target's magic resistance completely for 3 seconds
This upgrade is really cool!
Thundergod's Wrath flying vision now follows the hit heroes for 14 seconds
I understand but why 14 seconds? Seems pretty random to me.

Swixcap wrote:

Doom: The frightening sight of a Doomed target scares all enemies that look at it for more than 0.5 seconds, giving them a 2 second debuff that lowers ALL stats (stats, movespeed, damage, crit chance, everything!) by 10% or the duration. The debuff is refreshed/reapplied every time the enemy hero looks at the poor, Doomed target for more than 0.5 seconds.
Well this can be insignificant because doomed victim will usually runs away from teamfight to prevents the doom countdown timer being halt.

Dark Seer: Wall of Replica becomes Ring of Replica -- instead of a wall, Dark Seer creates a ring with radius 600. Also increases cast range to 1500.
That's cool idea, but do you know how huge 600 radius is?

Earth Spirit: Every pulse of Magnetize (2 per sec) mini-stuns the affected units for 0.1 sec.
That's some OP stuffs consider that Earth Spirit will usually get an Aghanim's Scepter as core.

Juggernaut: Adds unit-targeting to Omnislash; during Omnislash, Juggernaut can right-click an enemy hero to focus all his attacks on it (and not jump around randomly). Clicking a new enemy within range moves focus to that hero.
Please no, not the buff like this, Juggernaut should always jumps randomly during Omnislash.

Lina: The intense shock from Laguna Blade stuns the target for 1 second, then slows movement and attack speed over 6 seconds, decreasing linearly from 100% to 0%.
Magic immunity piercing pure damage, coupled with slows and stun are OP.

Tidehunter: Before the stun is applied, Ravage will knock all enemies caught inside its radius a maximum of 600 units towards Tidehunter.
So it is a Reverse Polarity that doesn't pierce magic immunity?

Meepo: Meepo's clones takes the physical form of his other team mates (giving ranged attack to clones looking like ranged heroes, but all have Meepo's abilities ofc) to confuse the enemy. His team can see which are clones by their grey-ish colour.
Uhh... Not necessary and Morphling does better job than this.

Puck: The "leashes" becomes shorter and shorter, forcing enemies caught in Dream Coil to either walk towards the centre or get stunned. Radius decreases from 375 to 175 over the 6 seconds.
Somewhat OP to me because 175 radius is really small.

Rubick: Can now Spell Steal from his own team mates too.
Dude, check out our 4x Thundergod's Wrath, 4x Black Hole, 4x Ravage, 4x Reverse Polarity, or 4x Doom!
Some of your idea is cool but more improvement can be given... keep it up!
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 27, 2015 7:21am | Report
14 seconds because we need to make the vision worth and this means the enemy team cant do any sneaky business during that time.

how about 12 seconds?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » February 27, 2015 7:44am | Report
I'd like to see Night Stalker's urt get an upgrade that slows all heroes by 8 - 12 % ish
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » February 27, 2015 9:07am | Report
@Unscathed

What about the true sight? 12 seconds as well? And how does it affects invisible hero?

@Blubbles

Erm.. 10% movement speed slow for 50 seconds?
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swixcap » February 27, 2015 11:33am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

final verdict: please for all that is gaben no ;_;

Thank you for your worthless contribution to the discussion. If you could suppress your instinctual desire to automatically other people's suggestions, maybe you could take a moment to actually consider mine and perhaps build on them? To quote MrLocket:

"No value changes only, and be creative!"

So no, Uncatched, I was not "trolling", I simply shared some creative ideas.

Thank you, MrLocket, for your more constructive response.
MrLocket wrote:

Doom
Well this can be insignificant because doomed victim will usually runs away from teamfight to prevents the doom countdown timer being halt.
Good point. My thought was that this would hinder the doomed target's team from helping him. What about: Doom's current level of Scorched Earth is applied to and around the Doomed target, with the same effects as when Doom uses it himself but with a smaller radius. This would increase the effective damage of Doom and keep his friends from helping him.

Dark Seer
That's cool idea, but do you know how huge 600 radius is?
Hehe, yeah, it's a bit larger in diameter than the wall is long. I was pondering how large I should suggest it to be and chose a rather large one to create a more team fight controlling spell. With the extended cast range, the thought was that you should be able to catch the whole enemy team inside the ring.

Earth Spirit
That's some OP stuffs consider that Earth Spirit will usually get an Aghanim's Scepter as core.
Well, it's only core now because of the current upgrade it gives, Enchant Remnant, which this is a substitute for. I agree it may be OP though. I was trying to think of a way to make ES more viable late game. Enchant Remnant is more of a fun spell than a very useful one, in my opinion.

Juggernaut
Please no, not the buff like this, Juggernaut should always jumps randomly during Omnislash.
Considering he won't have the extra jumps he gets from Aghanim's Scepter now, unit focus basically makes Omnislash a more damaging but slower Laguna Blade-type nuke, more easily countered by items. Controlling who you jump on also gives the ability more utility value, as a way to position yourself in the fight for example - it wouldn't just be a click-and-wait ability.

Lina
Magic immunity piercing pure damage, coupled with slows and stun are OP.
Remember that these upgrades are substitutes for the ones that are today. So here we're trading the pure damage trait for a slow, basically, giving Lina more control but less nuke damage.

Tidehunter
So it is a Reverse Polarity that doesn't pierce magic immunity?
Hm, yeah, a bit too similar I suppose. How about: The tentacles splash ink on the affected enemy units, slowing their movement speed by 30% for 1/2/3 seconds after the stun.

Meepo
Uhh... Not necessary and Morphling does better job than this.
OK, this was mostly just for fun; it's the most out-of-the-box suggestion and, I will admit, not a very good one. But it would be funny ^^

Puck
Somewhat OP to me because 175 radius is really small.
My first idea was that the leashes would pull the enemies gradually towards the centre, but then I remembered the whole point of the spell is that they are stunned if they "pull on the leash", so to say. Still, it's a suggestion outside just "value-changing".

Rubick
Dude, check out our 4x Thundergod's Wrath, 4x Black Hole, 4x Ravage, 4x Reverse Polarity, or 4x Doom!
*** ye ;) Although I adore the current Agh's upgrade that Rubick has, team-steal would be really cool too, and it connects him more to the rest of the team! As of now he's sort of a "stand by yourself and wipe the enemies with their own spells all on his own" type of guy. Team-steal would enable and require great cooperation!

Some of your idea is cool but more improvement can be given... keep it up!
Thanks man, I will :)
This is my signature. This is my dotabuff.

Swixcap

Notable (7)
Steam: Cube

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved