Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Kalldetha, the Shadow Blade

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Kalldetha, the Shadow Blade 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 13, 2018 9:02am | Report

Kalldetha, the Shadow

Lore

Mages are often treated with respect, for they spend many years learning their few spells. Often, they sacrifice their lives in the pursuit of knowledge; and to wield the power to bypass natural law is no small feat.
Yet it is not always so. In the city of Hasdin, magic is feared, and mages forced into the lawless underground that seeps into the city's every pore. Kalldetha is one such mage; though he knows but one spell, it aids him more than the masters of two or three. For Kalldetha does not study magic to the exclusion of all else. He combines it with his trade to surpass all who might otherwise rival him.

And what greater purpose might one have than to be the harbinger of death?

Stats

Health: 500 at 1, 1400 at 25
Mana: 288 at 1, 1008 at 25
Damage: 62-76 at 1, 122-136 at 25
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Strength: 19 + 1.8
Agility: 27 + 2.6
Intelligence: 24 + 2.4
Armor: 3
Attack Range: 150 (Melee)
Speed: 330
BAT: 1.55

Abilities

Q-All around you

Kalldetha blinks behind the target, makes a single instant attack against them, and then blinks the secondary distance in a vector-targeted direction. Kalldetha is uncontrollable and has 100% status resistance during the attack.
Cast range: 400/500/600/700
Cast point: 0.55
Secondary distance: 450
Mana: 100
Cooldown: 11/10/9/8

None can escape a blade that slips through the shadows.

W-Potion of the Night

Throws a potion at 550 speed at target location. When it reaches that location or hits a unit, all enemies in a 350 radius have their vision reduced to 200 for 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds. They also cannot see through the eyes of their allies for the duration. If the potion hits a unit, that unit also takes 150/200/250/300 magical damage.
Cast range: 1000
Mana: 100
Cooldown: 23

Kalldetha does not hesitate to use the devices of lesser men for his own aims.

E-Pluck

Marks the target for 3 seconds and changes this ability to Plop. After 3 seconds or when Plop is used, it reverts. Levels with Plop.
Cast Range: 150
Cooldown: 20

Kalldetha has made so many portals that it takes him but an instant to prepare another.

E-Plop

Teleports the marked unit into the air at target location, where they fall for 1 second and then take damage. The target area must be no more than 600 units from the marked unit.
Cast range: 300/400/500/600
Damage: 100/130/160/190
Mana: 100/125/150/175

Perpetual motion devices may not be supported.

R-Measured Cut

When an enemy, if alone, could not see Kalldetha, it gains a buff that lingers for 2 seconds. When he attacks an enemy with this buff, it and all enemies that can see it lose the buff; the unit being attacked takes significantly increased damage without the full protection of its armor.
Damage: 125/250/375
"Physical damage resistance" reduction: 25%

An opponent cannot defend from a threat it cannot see.

Details

D-Fade into Shadow

Kalldetha and all visual effects he might produce are immune to detection from target unit for 2 seconds. There is no indication of Kalldetha's whereabouts (unlike Shadow Dance). For the duration, the target is untargetable for Kalldetha. Can be purged.
Available only with Aghanim's Scepter.
Cooldown: 30

There is a reason the name Kalldetha is spoken often in whispers.

Talents

Level 10: +200 Potion speed / +80 Measured Cut damage
Level 15: +200 All Around You Secondary Distance / All around you reduces targets vision to 350 for 1 second after second blink
Level 20: Measured Cut +3 seconds buff on enemies / +250 potion damage
Level 25: Measured Cut +50% resistance reduction / +6 second Potion of the Night duration
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 18, 2018 8:22pm | Report
I've finished this. Sorry for the bump but I feel a lot of people might miss it otherwise and I had very little finished before.

Any feedback, suggestions, or opinions are, as always, most unwelcome.
/sarcasm
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by delta17 » February 19, 2018 12:25am | Report
Is it really finished? You excluded the hero's stats. For me, stats defines the hero just as much as their abilities. The least you can provide are base attributes and stat gained per level. Now that I thought about it, what's his primary attribute? The 'mage' in the lore made me subconsciously assume 'intelligence', but there's nothing explicitly mentioned. And his abilities seems to cross that of an agility hero.

I would also prefer if there's also an attack type (ranged/melee) and base movespeed listed as well. Armor and base attack damage are less preferred but just as welcome.

I'm going to assume the hero is an intelligence melee hero.

Q seems to be a definitive hit and run spell. But another information missing is how long will Kalldetha keep attacking the target before blinking away. Again, without knowing his base stats, how can I tell how much right click damage can he deal per cast? And how well can he survive if that target fights back?

Potion of the night seems like the vanilla spell every hero should have. Seems underwhelming given it's cooldown. Like, maybe give it a 10s CD? I feel 200 AoE is too small, Slardar's crush is 350, but you might as well intended it.

Pluck and Plop reminds me of my Hexius' Euclidean Exile and Exodus drop just without the banish. I just think that once a Blink Dagger and Shadow Blade is purchased, it becomes too much of a displacing ability with extremely high reliability. Invi in, Pluck, Blink out, then Plop it on your team! A full 1800+ enemy displacement! My Hexius solved this overpowered-ness by requiring an Aghanim's Scepter to target heroes and by only giving a maximum displacement of 800 units (enemy. 1600 for allies) from the cast location.

You said in the ultimate, "When enemies cannot see Kalldetha, they gain a buff". However, doesn't when one enemy can't see him, every enemy can't see him? Can we just rephrase it this way? :

"Once Kalldetha slips out of enemy vision, he gets a buff granting him bonus damage and ability to pierce 50% of armor to his next attack. Buff has a 3/4/5 seconds linger grace period.

Is this a passive? This is hax if it's a passive!

(edit: grammar and typo fixes)

delta17

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (22)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 19, 2018 4:16pm | Report
Wow. I kind of just assumed everyone would know it was an agility caster melee. I guess people can't read minds or anything. I think I like the idea of an intelligence melee even more so that's what it will be.

On the Q it says he will do 1 attack.
Potion of the night will be changed to 300 radius. I pictured the sizes wrong if Slardar has 350 radius bash.
Yes, I will be changing Plop to be only within 600 units of targets original position at its time of casting. I forgot entirely about methods of quick movement like blink and force staff after pluck had been cast.
I didn't consider this. Of course, using the W and the Q with talent you can change this, but in general cases it was intended to be "if the unit could see Kalldetha even if the unit relied only upon its own vision."
For the ultimate, it is a passive. I don't think it is overpowered because he can get perhaps 2 off on a single enemy, for maybe the equivalent of 1000 pure damage, if using w and q. Since he is supposed to be squishy (again my failure in expecting mind-reading readers) he can't charge in and finish them off afterwards, similar to Riki. Unlike Riki, he can't give silence and 70% miss. Thus, most of his damage (if played how I imagine he would be played) would come from a few well-timed Measured Cuts. Still will nerf down the resistance reduction to 25%.

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by delta17 » February 21, 2018 4:55pm | Report
From an objective standpoint, I supposed he's tolerable now (Thx for nerf). And indeed would be fun to play if you like poking people. But there's something I didn't like with him being able to poke anyone for 125+ physical damage (with 25% armor pierce) every 8 seconds in the early-mid game. Then again, I guess this is just me being annoyed against it as a player.

100 mana is expensive for a blink spell, but I guess that won't be too much of an issue given his intelligence. I mean, he still need to watch out for his mana, but it's not as severe as anything.

About Pluck and Plop. It seems randomly put at first. But I seem to understand that it can combo with All Around You to isolate an enemy with you, then you Potion of the Night them to prevent him/her from fighting back while also making them vulnerable to Measured Cut. This combo sounds beautiful.

Minor nitpicks:
  • All around you attacks them once with reduced BAT. So what's the point of reduced BAT now? If it's just one attack, BAT is redundant if it had any impact at all! You can just make it an instant attack to make it work cleaner and nothing will really change.
  • Measured Cut always gets critical hit from items. This is weird and terribly reliant on the Crystalys item tree. What's stopping you from just saying "Measured Cut 175% Critical Damage"?
  • Measured Cut attacks deal pure damage. This talent makes the 25% "Physical damage resistance" reduction useless, don't it? Try "Measured Cut +50% Physical damage resistance reduction"

delta17

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (22)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Magnus Magus » February 21, 2018 9:23pm | Report
Well the blink range is even shorter than night vision so you have to think to use All Around You, so unless he keeps retreating into trees it shouldn't be too much of a problem... and other stuff can do similar or more damage. Timbersaw, for example.

The reason All Around You is so expensive is because it is intended for use only when you can get a Measured Strike out of it, or at least not at your leisure: it does have vector targeted second blink included, and I'm sure that's also very powerful so you got to nerf it somehow.

For your three points of criticism, I agree fully. The pure damage talent was supposed to be a way to remove armor from the question, and I actually disliked how it changed the damage type to pure, so kudos to you for finding the obvious solution I completely missed.

For crit from items you are also on point; it was mostly a matter of "I want this to be a garunteed crit but I can't do that by giving him a non-garunteed crit... better do it on items." Idk what I was thinking.

And the reduced BAT seemed a little pointless even as I wrote it, I wanted some sort of progression. Do you think I should incorporate the level 15 talent into it and have it be 850/750/650/550 (Talent -200)? I'm hesitant to do this because then you don't have to think as hard to get a Measured Cut after an All Around You.

My hero and item ideas!

The Magnus Magus

Notable (5)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved