Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Hero: Grimstroke

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » New Hero: Grimstroke 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 24, 2018 9:08pm | Report

Today’s update releases a new hero — Grimstroke — into the world.

Chosen to serve as an arcane guardian of his people, Grimstroke was instead responsible for their eternal corruption. Trapped in agony as inky revenants, his former kindred cast cruel shadows of what might have been. But the sacrifice infused Grimstroke with great power, and he considers it a price well paid.

Learn more about Grimstroke and his abilities here. Or just launch Dota 2 and try your own hand at wielding the master’s brush.

Following Grimstroke’s release, the next hero debut will come this winter when Mars strides onto the battlefield, ready for war.

Don’t miss out on the thrilling conclusion of The International tomorrow, August 25th. Broadcast begins at 10:00am PDT, and you can tune in right here on Steam.tv.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 25, 2018 1:39am | Report
Oh man, just as I went to sleep they announce the good stuff!

The new hero looks amazing, can't wait to see what it's capable of!
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by delta17 » August 25, 2018 3:53am | Report
Hades4u wrote:
The new hero looks amazing, can't wait to see what it's capable of!

Simply put, he's the team's walking refresher orb. But only for unit targeted spells that is.

delta17

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (22)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LordVesper » August 25, 2018 4:37am | Report
Seems very powerful if not broken with the right team composition. Alone, however? Can't say for sure.
  • His 1st skill seems very nasty in the laning phase and even in the lategame due to his talents.
  • His 2nd skill can range from almost useless to devastating. Proper usage is key (typically in the middle of teamfights or when chasing down fleeing enemies)
  • His 3rd skill has much utility. Dps, stun, save, movespeed all in one.
  • His ultimate is pretty niche though. But I think his other abilities are so good that you may not even need to use his ultimate correctly to succeed. Can't tell yet
Here are the guides that I've kept up to date:
Crystal Maiden Guide

Want to add me on Steam?
Here's the link!

LordVesper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by LordVesper » August 25, 2018 4:44am | Report
I like his model... even if he looks like an angry Phantom Lancer with Mask of Madness! His voice is badass although I recognize his attack sound being recycled from another hero... Outworld Devourer, I think?
Here are the guides that I've kept up to date:
Crystal Maiden Guide

Want to add me on Steam?
Here's the link!

LordVesper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (5)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JamesWilly » August 26, 2018 11:26pm | Report
LordVesper wrote:

I like his model... even if he looks like an angry Phantom Lancer with Mask of Madness! His voice is badass although I recognize his attack sound being recycled from another hero... Outworld Devourer, I think?

I have not tested the hero yet but ee clearly is PL with a Mask of Madness. Probably devs trying to rush stuff. His ult seems to be fun, making some single target heroes very relevant!

JamesWilly

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved