Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Introducing Our New Hero Concept System!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » Introducing Our New Hero Concept System! 6 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 1, 2018 12:47pm | Report

We're excited to launch our latest project - the Concept Creator! This new feature will make concepts easier to create, visualize and share with the DOTA community!

The new system is simple to use, but also allows you to be as creative and in-depth as you like! Are you thinking about having 15 abilities for your hero? Go for it! Want to include talent options for your hero concept? Sounds good! Add chapters to the bottom of your concept to discuss lore, strategy, balance, or just leave it blank to keep it short and sweet.

Feedback is important for any concept creation community. Readers can post comments directly to your concept, with threaded discussion to keep everything organized. Voting is also an important feature, letting you see how your concepts rate compared to other concepts in the community. Be sure to vote on other user's concepts and let them know what you think!

Feel free to try it out for yourself, you can create a new concept at any time, or maybe even convert a concept you've already posted elsewhere.

If you're more of a reader than a creator, you can also browse hero concepts, though it might be a bit empty to start off with.

Make sure to let us know what you think about our new system and what we can do to make it better! Have fun and amaze us with your awesome concepts! :)
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by lonelyfreak » May 3, 2018 11:31am | Report
This is really cool! Thanks for the hard work that was put into this new feature.

lonelyfreak

Notable (7)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ELF1N » May 4, 2018 4:11am | Report
So /forum/hero-and-item-ideas dies completely?

ELF1N

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 4, 2018 8:57am | Report
ELF1N wrote:

So /forum/hero-and-item-ideas dies completely?

Not quite!

That forum will still be used for item ideas and pretty much anything that people can come up with. The hero creation system is just there to aid authors into making their concepts look as awesome as possible while offering them a way to create them easily. :D

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by delta17 » May 8, 2018 5:37pm | Report
This is pretty awesome! I like the fact that I it can drastically help me create new concepts without sacrificing my formatting freedom!

Some parts can be improved further :
  • Have an option to list the abilities by default Hotkeys. So instead of just 1,2,3,4,5,6 it can be Q,W,E,D,F,R.
  • There's a problem on how does one represent Invoker's invoked spells or Alryca's Library spells. As they should naturally be separated from primary and ultimate abilities. So maybe there should be merit in having Add New Ability Section.
  • A text section for the talents. There may be introduced a complicated talent (cue 'Cataclysm') that will require some explanation. It can be placed on the right or below the talent tree.
  • Summoned units section. Though it can be done by just adding another text section...

delta17

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (22)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » May 9, 2018 5:39am | Report
delta17 wrote:

This is pretty awesome! I like the fact that I it can drastically help me create new concepts without sacrificing my formatting freedom!

Some parts can be improved further :
  • Have an option to list the abilities by default Hotkeys. So instead of just 1,2,3,4,5,6 it can be Q,W,E,D,F,R.
  • There's a problem on how does one represent Invoker's invoked spells or Alryca's Library spells. As they should naturally be separated from primary and ultimate abilities. So maybe there should be merit in having Add New Ability Section.
  • A text section for the talents. There may be introduced a complicated talent (cue 'Cataclysm') that will require some explanation. It can be placed on the right or below the talent tree.
  • Summoned units section. Though it can be done by just adding another text section...

Hey delta, I'm happy you like it!

Thank you for your feedback, we're doing our best to improve the system and make it better for our creators! :D

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved