Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Ravenhook

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Ravenhook 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ELF1N » June 1, 2018 1:57am | Report

Ravenhook

Review

Ravenhook is a melee agility hero fitting the role of offlaner / roamer. Has a good carry potential.

Infobox

Abilities

Primal Fear details

Chain of Greed details

Raven Flair details

Ravenhook Mastery details

Talent Tree

Annotation

English is foreign language for me, so I am sorry if you found some mistakes.

ELF1N

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by delta17 » June 1, 2018 5:57pm | Report
I got to say, Primal Fear is a unique way to utilize vector targeting. The design is great but it has major balance issues, especially early game. Compare it to Burrowstrike, at level 1, it's 350 ranged, 1.9s stun with 85 damage. Primal Fear is a 1000 ranged, 2s "directed motion"(we call it this for purposes) with 100 damage. The increase in cooldown does not justify the effects.

Directed Motion > Stun > Fear. The ability to completely disable an enemy for 2 seconds while simultaneously forcing them to move to disadvantageous positions is too powerful. TOO powerful in fact, you can make a 60s cooldown ultimate with this effect alone! (and that was only slightly exaggerated)

Chain of Greed is good. Heck as annoying to play against, but really good. The cooldown to prevent lane abuse and the fact that it has a neat play and counter-play is a thumbs-up from me.

But Raven Flair? The opposite. I don't like it design-wise. What was the idea when you designed this ability? So he can spot a jungler? So he jump into them with Primal Fear and... Chain of Greed him to... death..? Ability is only ever useful in smoke ganks, when you have allies.

Ravenhook Mastery. How does the "steal chance" work exactly? So enemy can just buy Iron Branch and it's useless until late late game? Is the stolen item simply muted or will all of its stats and passive transferred too? Needs more info.

As for the hero itself, you said he fits the role of an offlaner/roamer with good carry potential. I do not see this. Chain of Greed does not work well with Raven Flair. One forces you to lane and one forces you to roam, with the other getting 100% useless. He can't carry either. He relies on enemy farm to even GET farm, taken up to eleven by having 3 abilities that reflected this.

TLDR / CONCLUSION : Unique individual abilities but doesn't really work together to make a coherent whole. Playstyle is all over the place.

delta17

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (22)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ELF1N » June 2, 2018 5:04am | Report
delta17 wrote:

Primal Fear has major balance issues, especially early game.

I agree, it needs some changes.

Raven Flair? The opposite. I don't like it design-wise. What was the idea when you designed this ability? So he can spot a jungler? So he jump into them with Primal Fear and... Chain of Greed him to... death..? Ability is only ever useful in smoke ganks, when you have allies.

This is a fairly crude ability. It can be further developed, giving a synergy with other abilities.

Ravenhook Mastery. How does the "steal chance" work exactly? So enemy can just buy Iron Branch and it's useless until late late game? Is the stolen item simply muted or will all of its stats and passive transferred too? Needs more info.

I will add steal chance later. About stealing - yes, all of its stats and passive transferred too. An enemy has unavailable empty slot.

ELF1N

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved