Welcome to ToyBoats guide to Leshrac the Tormented Soul.
Faction: The Dire
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Attack Type: Ranged
Role(s): Pusher, Semi-Carry
Lore: Leshrac, Tormented Soul, is an entity torn from the heart of nature, a liminal being that exists half in one plane of existence, half in another. His penetrating intelligence is such that he can never ignore for a moment the agonizing horror at the heart of all creation. Once a great philosopher who sought the meaning of existence, he plumbed the depths of nature with the haunted Chronoptic Crystals, and was forever altered by the hideous mysteries thereby revealed to him. Now the darkest depths of his enlightenment are illumined only by the fitful glare of his arrogance. Like other elemental characters, he is completely at one with nature, but in his case it is a nature lurid and vile. He alone sees the evil truth of reality, and has no use for those who believe the cosmos reserves a special reward for those who practice benevolence.
- One of the best farmer's in the game.
- Strong Pusher.
- High intelligence gain (mana pool)
- Best tower sieging skill in the game
- Good ganker. (Depends if you can land Split Earth or not)
- No built in escape.
- High Skill cap.
Split Earth - After a 0.35 delay, Leshrac splits the earth under his enemies. Deals 120/180/240/300 damage and stuns for 2 seconds at all levels. This is your main initiation spell, if you can land this you almost guarantee yourself or your team a kill. I take Split Earth at level one and max it by level eight.
Diabolic Edict - Saturates the area around Leshrac with magical explosions dealing 400/800/1200/1600 mixed damage over the period of 8 seconds to nearby enemy units and structures. The less units available to attack, the more damage those units will take. This is the most ridiculous tower sieging spell in the game, as well as very high damage output for farming and ganking. I take Diabolic Edict at level two and max it by level seven.
Lightning Storm - Summons a lightning storm that blasts the target enemy unit dealing 80/145/205/265 damage, then jumps 4/6/7/8 times to nearby enemy units. I take Lightning Storm at level nine and max it by level fourteen.
Pulse Nova - Creates waves of damaging energy around Leshrac, dealing 66/100/144 damage per second, to damage all nearby enemy units. This spell is a toggle on/off consting an initial 110 mana and then 20/40/60 mana per second after the initial cast. [SCEPTER UPGRADABLE: Increases damage per second to 88/133/177.] I take Pulse Nova at levels ten, eleven and sixteen. I wait until level ten because before then you most likely wont have enough mana to support it.
- Healing Salve
- Clarity x2
- Mantle of Intelligence x2
Early Game Items:
- Boots of Speed
- Null Talisman x2
- Arcane Boots
- Aghanim's Scepter
- Blink Dagger
- Eye of Skadi
- Eul's Scepter of Divinity
- Scythe of Vyse
- Orchid Malevolence
- Black King Bar
- Blade Mail
With Leshrac I start with a fairly standard build, I get a Tango and a Healing Salve for lane sustain against harass and creep damage, I also take two Clarity for mana sustain and counter harass. I grab two Mantle of Intelligence to increase his mana pool and to build into Null Talisman's later. Alternatively if there is an anti-mage or very high bust damage characters you should start with two Gauntlets of Strength and build them into Bracer's instead.
Early Game Items:
On your first back, you should be able to build your Mantle of Intelligence into Null Talisman's which will give you a nice little health and damage boost as well as increasing you're mana pool further, you can aslo pick up your Boots of Speed and if you've farmed really well you can grab your full Arcane Boots which should end your mana problems for the rest of you laning phase/mid game.
Once you have your Arcane Boots your going to want to build a Bloodstone as fast as possible because this will give you enough mana and health to be a significant thread in team fights. Next you want to rush Aghanim's Scepter to make your ult even more devastating than it already is.
These are basically your very late game items and they are all situational, if the guide does well I will update soon and go into details on each.
One of the hardest choices for me to make, because all of the options are fairly viable, but which work best for Leshrac. I take Arcane Boots because I find they give me enough mana to constantly harass and control my lane early-mid game. My second choice would be Phase Boots because they allow for stronger chase as well as escape and a nice little damage boost (These are an excellent substitute if there is an anti-mage on the enemy team). My third choice would be Boots of Travel, they offer excellent mobility and map control, these boots are very situational and should be bought to the players discretion. My last Choice would be Power Treads, in my opinion these boots do not really suit Leshrac because he doesn't need the attack speed and the +10 to the attribute of your choice is nice, but not enough to make them worth the buy.
- Faceless Void If timed right, you can activate Pulse Nova and/or Diabolic Edict just before he uses his Chronosphere and it will freeze all nearby enemies while taking damage from your spells.
- Sand King's Epicenter slows all units around him which allow's Leshrac to easily keep up while using his Pulse Nova or Diabolic Edict.
- Sven's Storm Hammer can stun multiple target which synergises well with your Pulse Nova and Diabolic Edict or gives you enough time to easily cast Split Earth.
- Tidehunter's Ravage is a huge aoe stun that gives leshrac plenty of time to line up an easy Split Earth or get into position to chase with Diabolic Edict and/or Pulse Nova.
- Lion's Hex and Earth Spike can completely stop an enemy in their tracks, allowing you to land an easy Split Earth or to just chase with Pulse Nova or Diabolic Edict.
- Tiny's Avalanche can stun multiple targets allowing to to easily chase or land your own stun.
- Earthshaker's Fissure is an aoe stun and can cut off enemies paths allowing you to follow easily.
- Pudge, essentially all of pudges abilities except for Flesh Heap synergise well with leshrac, hook, slow, and disable.
- Slardar's Slithereen Crush can stun all enemies around him which gives you time to land Split Earth or chase with Diabolic Edict and Pulse Nova.
- Enigma's Black Hole is an aoe disable that synergises very well with leshrac because it keep all of the enemies locked up in a small area allowing you to deal massive damage with your skills.
- Doom bringer's Doom can shut down Leshrac with a very long silence and DoT.
- Silencer's Last Word and Global Silence make Leshrac unable to chain cast any of his abilities.
- Anti-Mage's Mana Break In combination with his Mana Void can be very deadly with Leshrac's large mana pool.
- Omniknight's repel grants magic immunity making Leshrac useless against that target.
- Juggernaut's Blade Fury makes him magic immune and untargetable from any of Leshrac's spells.
- Drow Ranger's Silence has a very low cooldown and can constantly keep Leshrac shut down.
- Bloodseeker's Bloodrage can silence you aswell as his Rupture can stop you from chasing or fleeing.
- Lina's early game burst damage with Dragon Slave and Laguna Blade before you've build your core items can be very deadly.
- Lion's Hex can disable you are take you out of a fight, as well as his early game burst from Finger of Death should not be taken lightly.
- Black King Bar grants magic immunity.
- Hood of Defiance reduces magic damage taken.
- Pipe of Insight grants AoE spellshield.
- Added shadow blade to luxury items.
- Added Pipe of insight to item counters.
Jan 12th 2012
-Movement speed increased from 310 to 315.
-Pulse Nova AoE increased from 400 to 450.
December 1st 2011
-Fixed Pulse Nova not toggling off when you run out of mana
November 17th 2011
-Added impact effect to Lightning Storm.
August 2nd 2011
-Linken's Sphere will now absorb the damage of Lightning Storm, but not the entire spell.
July 22nd 2011
-Fixed Pulse Nova cast point.
-Fixed Pulse Nova being purgable.
-Fixed Diabolic Edict cast point.
-Fixed Diabolic Edict being purgable.
-Fixed multiple instances of Diablog Edict not stacking.
-Fixed Lightning Storm bounce delay.
-Fixed Lightning Storm hitting invis/fogged units.
-Fixed a bug with Lightning Storm constantly checking the initial target for Sphere.
July 16th 2011
-Fixed incorrect armor values
June 24th 2011
-Fixed Lightning Storm to jump to the nearest valid target rather than a random one.
June 17th 2011
-Fixed Diabolic Edict doing damage to Glyphed structures.
Thank you for checking out my guide, it is a work in progress and I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback.
DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.
Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved