Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DOTA Quiz - Round 3

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DOTA Quiz - Round 3 12 posts - page 1 of 2

Poll Question:

How many did you get right?
0-3
4-5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 5, 2014 10:57am | Report
The rules are simple, you can post your score in the comments below and you should also post your answers below as a spoiler, the BB Code for that is...
Code:
[spoiler=Xyrus's answers] 1.A 2.B 3.C and so on [/spoiler]
I'm mainly going to be focusing on Hard questions, so don't feel bad if you get many wrong, newer players may even end up with a 0. Don't guess the answers, or be honest if you are guessing, getting lucky shouldn't contribute to your score! It's not PURE SKILL! 8{3

HERE WE GO!

You're on the Radiant Team and are going to run an Aggressive Tri-Lane

against the other Team's Defensive Tri-Lane (similar to the picture above, you'll have 3 Heroes top).

Here is your Draft:-

So you're going to be playing with Mirana and Rubick against a Luna, a Vengeful Spirit and a Sand King. To ensure the success of your Aggressive Tri-Lane, you want another Support Hero that can deal the most Magical Damage at lvl1 as possible.

Question #1: Which of the following Support Heroes potentially deals the most

Magical
Damage at lvl 1 (after only using any one of their Spells once!)
A: Ancient Apparition
B: Leshrac
C: Visage
D: Gyrocopter
Answers - no Peeking!

You are a lvl25 Kunkka...and you are about to attack a Clockwerk.

You are currently receiving 4 Buffs, from your activated Shadow Blade (you're currently Invisible), Omniknight has cast Repel on you, and you are receiving 38 extra Damage from Luna's Lunar Blessing Aura.

You have 3 Items in your Inventory:- Shadow Blade, Phase Boots and a Daedalus

Clockwerk has just activated his Blademail

Assuming that all chance based effects will activate, e.g. from your Daedalus...

Question #2: How much Damage will you deal to Clockwerk BEFORE Physical Damage Reduction is applied by Clockwerk's Armour?

Hint:At lvl25, Kunkka's Base Damage is an average of 147 (10 levels of Stats included), you can hover over the Icons to find out how much Bonus Damage his 3 Items will add to that, as well as any other effects, e.g. Critical Damage. (You're allowed to use a Calculator or even skip working out the final number, the sum is what is important anyway)
Scary Math

Question #3: How much Damage will you take from the active Blademail?

Scariest Math

You are playing as Tiny and are considering your 6th and final Item to go with the 5 shown above.

You want the Item to help your Team, so you narrow it down to 4 choices that you feel will help best (note: these are pretty random Items, I'd only build 1 of them on Tiny tbh), but you still want to do more Damage on each hit.

You currently deal 399+16 Damage per hit for a total of 415 Damage with no Orb Effects for added Damage.

Question 4:Which of the following Items gives the highest increase to your Right-Click Damage (ignoring Attack Speed)

A: Heaven's Halberd
B: Diffusal Blade
C: Eul's Scepter of Divinity
D: Vladmir's Offering
Answer

Question 5:Which Hero has a single Skill that is both a Single Target Reliable Disable and then an AoE Unreliable Disable on an unlimited amount of targets?

Hints: A Reliable Disable is one that will automatically hit the target when cast (unless disjointed)
It does not have a charge up time ( Snowball, Unstable Concotion)
You cannot outrun it ( Earth Spike).
Unreliable means you're not guaranteed to hit anything with it ( Echo Slam, Earth Spike, Split Earth, etc.).
It only directly Targets 1 Hero, the Unreliable Stun affect Heroes in an AoE, seperately from the main target (so it isn't Storm Hammer)
Answer

Question #6: Which of the following are NOT Disabled by Doom?

Backtrack, Coup de Grace, Dragon Blood, Feast, Fury Swipes, Necromastery

Answers

Question #7: List 3 sources of Composite Damage, 3 sources of Pure Damage (excluding Timbersaw's Spells) and 2 sources of Universal Damage.

Hint:these don't have to be Spells, they can be from Items, Summons, etc.
Answers

You are playing as Bristleback. You currently have 50% Physical Damage Resistance from your Armour, and a Vanguard which due to you being RNGeezus, will always activate 100% of the time.

Question #8:If Bristleback takes 500 Physical Damage (from Auto-Attacks) to his back with Bristleback Maxed out, how much Damage does he take after all Reductions? (again the calculation is what's important, not the final number)
Answer

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 5, 2014 11:22am | Report
Spoiler: Click to view

8/8 though I hate math.THANK YOU MICROSOFT CALCULATOR !

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » June 5, 2014 12:40pm | Report
ElDiablo's answers

3/8 not bad becsuse i'm still noob in DotA XD
Also there is actually 8 questions in this round not 7.
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » June 5, 2014 1:10pm | Report
Muahahah :-{)!!!

Maths fail!

I got them all except the Doom one, good quiz, but lot of mental maths going on!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 5, 2014 1:18pm | Report
ElDiablo wrote:

3/8 not bad becsuse i'm still noob in DotA XD
Also there is actually 8 questions in this round not 7.

There really is only 7, you seem to have added a mystery question for which the answer is "-||-"...

Btw, #2 was close enough, you can count it since you obviously understand how Damage is calculated. To be fair, I made the same mistake on #7 (you listed it as #8) myself X{D
Sando wrote:

Muahahah :-{)!!!

Maths fail!

Ty, fixed ._.
Sando wrote:

I got them all except the Doom one, good quiz, but lot of mental maths going on!

Well, would it be an authentic Xyrus Quiz if there was no DOTO Math? 8{D

Honestly, I thought the Doom one would be one of the easier ones. I didn't add any "traps" to it like I did with some of the others. I kinda feel like I made #4 too easy ._.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Mohrph » June 6, 2014 5:10am | Report
Mohrph's Answers

3/7. A lot of the answers were very close though. :D

Mohrph

Steam: Mo!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » June 6, 2014 5:41am | Report
There is 8 questions... There's two questions that are numbered as 4.
Question 1: the lane thing
Question 2: kunkka damage calculation
Question 3: blademail thing
Question 4: Tinys equipment
Quedtion 4 again: stun
Question 5: doom
Question 6: damage type
Question 7: BB damage taken
I listed the questions here in the same order as they are listed in your post and like you see there is two question 4s
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » June 6, 2014 5:51am | Report
Peppo's answers

My score

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 6, 2014 6:05am | Report
ElDiablo wrote:

There is 8 questions... There's two questions that are named question 4.

I listed the questions here in the same order as they are listed in your post and like you see there is two question 4s

There are as well...D{8

Note to self:stop editing things in Notepad ._.

4/7, freakin' censored tricked me. And wtf? the censored doesn't work when censored gets hit from censored? Really? Also, the censored one was really difficult, but the question wasn't well formulated in my opinion (or I just didn't understand).

Everyone else got Question #5 (the double Disable one), although I admit the quiz isn't that well formatted, I tried to make something complicated and out-complicated myself ._.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » June 6, 2014 10:11am | Report

4/8, not terrible for a noob.

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved