Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A DotA Duel of Wits and Words

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » A DotA Duel of Wits and Words 61 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » June 12, 2014 5:06am | Report
So in my last thread (What do heroes do in their spare time?) people started Dueling to the death. And so I Call Down any one wishing to continue this trend here. This is just a Glimpse at how it works, you can go check out the end of the other thread in just the Blink of an eye. So if you want to unleash your True Form and battle, then why are you still sitting there in Silence?
This post is the most important thing you have read in your life.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Steam: Cloud Strife
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 12, 2014 5:32am | Report
You're on Borrowed Time, but that won't save you from the Nightmare I'm about to unleash! As your consciousness slips deeper and darker into the Black Hole of despair, your mind will reach the Sanity's Eclipse and shatter. Nothing can stay the Reaper's Scythe now!

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 12, 2014 6:11am | Report
Curse you mortals and your endless Thirst! Why don't you go and cower in the Moonlight Shadow? Blink out of my sight and Leap the hell out of here! Know that you are Overpowered and none can make your grave a Shallow Grave! So sprint with all your might and hope that you do not Enrage me! For if you Invoke my anger, you shall witness the Thundergod's Wrath and perish!
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » June 12, 2014 6:44am | Report
Torrent of Love fulfills me. As I hear your Scream of Pain, my body is filled with Rage. I can literally see that your Life Breaks. Your great Sacrifice indeed.

My goal was to Repel you from doing this, but all I could hear was your very Last Word...

As you lay in your grave, Untouchable and with Cold Feet, protected by the Guardian Angel, I think to myself - "I wish I could Backtrack and fix all of our mistakes".
This is not your fault, though. I am the one to blame. I made the Dark Pact that was lethal to you.

Now I can't look at the mirror, because I can see my filthy, disgusting Reflection. Even if this is only a Blur, I still can recognise myself...

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SweatyToothMadman » June 12, 2014 7:37am | Report
Don't know if I am breaking the rules by commenting in normal format, so please acccept my preemptive apology.

Krwiozerca, it's ok. Just back away from the ledge.

SweatyToothMadman

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » June 12, 2014 9:02am | Report
Allow me to throw my Glaives of Wisdom:

"Alas, there stood a man, Ensnared under guilt and Devoured by pain.
Perceived t'was his Doom, but harken to my words!
Let not the Veil of Discord blinds thou vision.
Learn tis test of faith of thou be thou'st Purification!

Though Hand of God be none it seems, I shan't let thou Rot away!
Un Shackles thouself from thou own Hex thus
Lo and behold! The True Form of the Vengeful Spirit
As bright as Sun Ray, with Radiance that Surges onward!"

It's for you Erca! Now do step back from the ledge, my friend :)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » June 12, 2014 11:34am | Report
Haha, poor young Krwiozerca, your mind slowly Rotting. Break off these Searing Chains and be free like a proud Lion! Look inside for your Astral Spirit. Oh, it seems my False Promise is up. Yes, it is I! Your worst Nightmare! As you stand over the Pit of Malice you slowly realize that the Nethertoxin has Overpowered you. But do not despair, it is just the Natural Order that you will fall. Now submit and watch as slowly your Life Drains.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by JasChe_XXIV » June 12, 2014 6:35pm | Report
hjvaughan has summoned forth another thread I like :3
I'll try to make one in the next few hours. Until then, prepare yourselves for this Doom Bringer. >:D
There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity, I have come to erase that fine line.

Care to check out my guide? Click on the picture below!

Still a bit wonky and nooby but meh, give me a challenge and I'll accept it!

JasChe_XXIV

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by PiNG- » June 12, 2014 7:30pm | Report
I enjoyed reading these.

PiNG-

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hjvaughan » June 12, 2014 9:04pm | Report
JasChe_XXIV, it is my pleasure to Ignite a game of minds.

hjvaughan

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved