Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theory Exercise 7 : ITEMISATION and SKILLBUILDS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theory Exercise 7 : ITEMISATION and SKILLBUILDS 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » December 11, 2014 5:35pm | Report

HALLLOOOOO AND WELCOME BACCKKKKKKK

How is everyone? i know i know i know its been a while since ive done one of these but i have a lot on right now and the brain is very much tired and worn out ... just look at my losing streak? hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh... *sobs quietly into keyboard*

ANYWAAAYYYYY

NUMBER 7!!!!

This one is a 3 part exercise to display the differences in builds in relation to who you are playing against and what they are building. so with out further ado....

PART ONE

You are playing against a

Juggernaut

and a

Lina

it is a 2v2 situation all are level 16. you have a total of 4000 gold on each hero.

what two heroes would you pick and what items would you buy to play against them?

PART 2

you are Puck

you have 5 skill points.

you have 1800 gold.

you are playing against a Queen of Pain mid in a 1v1 situation.

she went 2-2-1 with 2x null and a bottle and 2x iron branches

what would you buy and what would you skill?

PART 3

3v3

all are level 16.

all are with out any gold or items.

you are allowed ONE ITEM within a 3000 gold limit on each hero you pick.

the enemy Draft you are facing is

Elder Titan
Razor
Abaddon

Who would you pick and what item would you choose for each hero???

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » December 11, 2014 6:45pm | Report
Situation one: Ogre Magi. Force Staff, Arcane Boots, and a Magic Stick.

Ogre Magi because he's tanky enough to survive both of their ultimates. Not sure about both of them together, but he can dodge Omnislash with the force staff. Arcane Boots for a bigger mana pool = more spells, and a Magic Stick for the clutch healing and mana.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » December 11, 2014 7:20pm | Report
Eightfold wrote:

Situation one: Ogre Magi. Force Staff, Arcane Boots, and a Magic Stick.

Ogre Magi because he's tanky enough to survive both of their ultimates. Not sure about both of them together, but he can dodge Omnislash with the force staff. Arcane Boots for a bigger mana pool = more spells, and a Magic Stick for the clutch healing and mana.

second hero? (btw force staff no longer dodges omnislash)

also lina's ult and omni slash would do enough damage to kill him when you place this in a 2v1 situation.

think about item skill combinations and what would hurt the most when the two worlds come together.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 11, 2014 9:01pm | Report
Situation one =
Silencer and Faceless Void
Silencer has a Dagon 2 and Faceless Void has a Crystalys and a Mask of Madness
or Maelstrom a Wraith Band and Gloves of Haste

Situation two =
Skill 2-2-1
Items Bottle, Boots of Speed and Belt of Strength

Situation 3 =
Are ideal conditions allowed?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » December 12, 2014 10:56am | Report
Situation 1:
Heroes: Sven, Bane
Sven Items: Black King Bar
Bane Items: Arcane Boots, Blink Dagger, 2x Gauntlets of Strength

Reasons: Sven's warcry makes up for not having boots so I would pick up a BKB to destroy all of Lina's damage.

Bane was picked up because of his disable Fiend's Grip which will disable Juggernaut through Blade Fury. Once Fiend's Grip ends Enfeeble will take away most if not all of his damage.

I am taking a risk with not having a BKB on Bane but I hope with the Blink Dagger + Brain Sap + Storm Hammer this combo can burst down the Lina before her nukes can assist the Juggernaut in any way.

Parts 2 and 3 will come later today.

See ya 'round,

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » December 12, 2014 11:38am | Report
I would pick Abbadon and Omniknight in situation 1.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » December 12, 2014 12:11pm | Report
Oh, two heroes. coulda sworn I read that as "2v1 situation". In that case, Oracle and Phantom Assassin.

Oracle has an Urn of Shadows and a Force Staff.
Phantom Assassin has Phase Boots and a Demon Edge.

Oracle uses False Promise on Phantom Assassin, and she jumps on Lina and starts damaging them. If they're carrying detection, keep putting urn charges on her. place Fate's Edict on whoever Phantom Assassin is attacking. When the duration of False Promise is over, then Force Staff her out if she can't handle them, leave her if she can.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » December 12, 2014 12:46pm | Report
In situation 1,i thing about doing the bread and butter Shadow demon + Terrorblade
If juggernaut ult terrorblade, then shadow demon uses disruption and you will have 3 terrorblade for a few time
If lina ult terrorblade then he would simply swap life with her
to shadow demon be ´´unfocable´´ i would do an shadow blade on him ( noob stuff i know ) with tranquil boots
Terrorblade just need a yasha and a phase boots to crush kill and destroy both

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 12, 2014 2:03pm | Report
This game seems fun. :D Let's see...

Part one: Okay, Bane's inventory is worth 4050 gold and not 4000, but I guess this doesn't count as cheating, right?

The reasoning behind this is that Slark can evade both physical (unlike Omniknight) and magical (unlike Pugna) damage by using Shadow Dance, and can also purge away Lina's stun with Dark Pact. The Blink is there for the snowballing potential, but if we're talking about lanes a Yasha is better for DPS. Bane can Enfeeble Juggernaut and disable Lina for better Pounces.

Part two:
I'd go 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 depending on the skill level of my opponent, but probably 3-1-1 for better last-hitting. About the items, I'd buy Bottle, Boots of Speed, Null Talisman and Magic Stick (argh, again too much gold!). Okay, if this doesn't count, substitute the Talisman with two Circlets and an Iron Branch.

Part three:
  • Position 1: Pugna with Mekansm because he's a good Mek holder and because he doesn't care about Static Link, plus all those three Heroes can't clear creepwaves with ease.
  • Position 2: Necrophos with Rod of Atos because they're all fairly tanky Heroes. Since none of them has an escape, the Rod of Atos (with such a low cooldown) helps a lot.
  • Position 3: Centaur Warrunner with Blink Dagger because his ultimate helps dealing with the Static Link and the nuke combination synergizes well with Necro.
  • Position 4: Ogre Magi with Eul's Scepter of Divinity because he has a lot of single target spells, very useful versus an Aphotic Shield that can remove only one of them. I chose Eul's over, say, Force Staff because it helps dealing with ET's AoE disable.
  • Position 5: Disruptor with Force Staff because he can Glimpse back a running Razor and easily catch Abaddon and Elder Titan (being low mobility Heroes) inside his Static Storm and prevent them from using their spells.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 12, 2014 6:14pm | Report

Puck: 1 in Orb, 2 in Silence, 2 in Phase Shift

Bottle, Boots of Speed, Bracer.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved