Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hamster's 6.84 pseudo-patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hamster's 6.84 pseudo-patch 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 20, 2015 1:07pm | Report
Hello bois,

Since I'm a bit disappointed that the 6.84 patch didn't come out after DAC, I decided to make my own version.

Heroes

Abaddon

- Aphotic Shield cast range increased from 500 to 625

Shield is his only real support skill, and he's really limited by its horrible cast range. The hero still lacks game impact and is too much of a marginal pick.

Alchemist

- Strength gain increased from 1.8 to 2.3
- Starting agility incrased from 11 to 20 (also increases starting armor)
- Acid Spray now applies a 0/6/12/18% slow to all units in the AOE.
(Unlike the rest of the ability, the slow is blocked by magic immunity.)

Alch is literally the worst hero in the game right now (after Techies). He needs more stats to use the farm better and not drop off that hard. The slow from Acid Spray is to help with his kiting issues and makes his amost-useless first skill at least remotely useful.

Anti-Mage

Added Aghanim's Scepter upgrade to Mana Void :

- Secondary targets now take damage based on the mana missing in their own mana pool in addition to the initial damage
(Secondary targets now take two sources of damage, one for the mana missing on the pirmary target, the other for their own missing mana)
- Aghanims upgrade mana cost reduced from 125/200/275 to 125
- Aghanims upgrade cooldown reduced from 70 to 65/55/45

Screw Bfury, Aghanim's Scepter + Manta Style on Anti-Mage new meta.
I always felt this hero needed a snowballing item to be played as a mid-game fighter against heavy magic oriented lineups.
Let AM be a real "**** magic" hero not just an AFK farmer.

Axe

- Aghanim's Scepter Culling Blade kill threshold (re)increased from 300/425/550 to 300/450/600 (non-Aghs kill threshold unchanged)
- Culling Blade movement speed bonus duration reduced from 6s to 4s (non-Aghs) and from 10s to 6s (with Aghs)
- Battle Hunger movement speed change rescaled from 12% to 4/8/12/16%
- Berserker's Call cooldown rescaled from 16/14/12/10 seconds to 14.5 seconds at all levels
- Starting strength reduced from 25 to 23

Icefraud nerfed him wrong. His Culling Blade kill threshold isn't what's OP about the hero. What's OP about the hero is his Reverse Polarity on a 10 second cooldown (I nerfed it to 14.5 seconds so he can't reliably use it twice in a fight), and the ABSURD movement speed bonus that he gives to his whole team with Culling Blade (I nerfed the duration of the speed bonus).
Also, **** the value point in hunger for the movement speed abuse.

Bloodseeker

- Thirst now only increases movement speed for enemy heroes under 70% of their maximum HP
- Thirst vision threshold increased to 45% of max HP (true sight threshold is still 30%)

It's just so stupid to always see BS sitting at increased movement speed just because an allied hero is missing 20% of his HP. BS shouldn't have an escape mechanism with a "passive" MS increase.

Bounty Hunter

- Base damage increased by 4
- Jinada reduces the target's armor by 1/2/3/4 for 3 seconds.
- Shuriken Toss mana cost rescaled from 95/115/135/155 to 110 at all levels

BH has no place in the current ricing meta.

Clinkz

- Starting intelligence increased from 16 to 19
- Intelligence gain increased from 1.55 to 2.1
- Searing Arrows mana cost rescaled from 10 to 14/13/12/10

I feel Clinkz needs a buff to his mana pool to make non- Orchid Malevolence builds viable as core builds. Since the orb change he can now go Soul Ring into any combination of Desolator, Diffusal Blade, Crystalys and Eye of Skadi or Scythe of Vyse and skip orchid completely.
But he still lacks mana so I'm giving him some INT so he dosn't "need" to always go orchid just for the mana, he has alternatives now.
Mana cost increase so he can't use it to spam infinite harass in lane.

Crystal Maiden

- Freezing Field cooldown reduced from 150/120/90 to 120/95/70
- Aghanim's Scepter : slow now goes through magic immunity (damage is still blocked)

I always wondered why CM ult has a higher cooldown than Reverse Polarity and almost twice the cooldown of Death Ward. Easily countered by stuns, easily countered by BKB, and CM is pretty much a walking ult in the first place if you forget her "stun".
She's one of the weakest supports right now and she needs a huge buff.

Dragon Knight

- Dragon Tail damage increased from 25/50/75/100 to 25/100/175/250
- Elder Dragon Form now increases base attack time to 1.55

Since he got a huge nerf as a pusher, I want to rush a Blink Dagger, max his Q and W, and play him as a ganker.

Earthshaker

- Fissure mana cost increased from 125/140/155/170 to 140/150/160/170
- Fissure damage reduced from 125/175/225/275 to 50/100/150/200

He can cast 2 Fissures in a row at level 1 with a quick sip from a clarity. It's pretty broken. There's a non-written rule that at level 1 you can cast only one stun otherwise easy first blood.
And this skill just deals wayy too much damage for a 1400 range (!) 1.75 second (!) stun that blocks enemies for 8 seconds (!!).

Ember Spirit

- Activate Fire Remnant now has a 0.4 second cast time

There's a reason why Anti-Mage's Blink has a 0.4 second cast time. Because instant cast time on an escape skill is OP.

Enchantress

- Strength gain increased from 1 to 1.3
- Enchant duration on creeps increased from 80 to 110 seconds
- Nature's Attendants heal range increased from 275 to 375
- Untouchable attack speed slow rescaled from 30/60/90/120 to 50/75/100/125
- Impetus mana cost reduced from 55/60/65 to 50

She needs the Chen treatment. Badly.

Huskar

- Berserker's Blood magic resistance per stack reduced from 4%/5%/6%/7% to 3%/4%/5%/6%
- Berserker's Blood now gives 1/2/3/5 attack damage per stack

His 99% magic resistance is stupidly broken and needs to be reduced. A hero can't just be completely immune to magic damage. Now it's 84% at max level, way more balanced.
However right now he has about the carry potential of a Crystal Maiden. So I added up to 70 bonus attack damage to give him some remotely decent physical DPS.

Juggernaut

- Omnislash cast range re-increased to 450

There is such a thing as over-nerfing a hero and I think last update crossed it. He's not better now than he was in 6.79, probably weaker actually.

Leshrac

- Split Earth cast animation reworked. Leshrac no longer puts his arms in the air in an obvious "please juke my stun" way when casting the skill. He now imperceptibly snaps his fingers to cast it.
- Split Earth radius increased from 150/175/200/225 to 150/185/220/255

Make his stun actually viable :)

Lifestealer

- Open Wounds : if the unit affected moves more than 1400 distance from the initial cast point of the skill, he is stunned for 0.5/1/1.5/2 seconds and Lifestealer gains vision of the unit until the duration expires

Lone Druid

- Battle Cry cooldown reduced from 60 to 35 seconds
- When Lone Druid dies while his bear is alive, Summon Spirit Bear cooldown is reset to zero.
- Roots such as Entangling Claws now disable all escape skills such as Time Walk and Ball Lightning and not just blinks

Mirana

- Max stun time of Sacred Arrow reduced from 5 to 3.5/4/4.5/5 seconds
- Base damage increased by 4
- Base attack time improved to 1.6

Level 1 roaming Mirana is horribly OP because of the *100% RELIABLE* 5 second stun when used with a setup like Bane or Shadow Demon.
Since there is no way to nerf her synergy with setup heroes nerfing stun duration is the only way.
In compensation I gave her decent base damage so that she can do better in the offlane or mid where she is supposed to be played.

Necrophos

- Reaper's Scythe additional respawn time reduced from 30 to 10/20/30 seconds

Pudge

- When Pudge is silenced, Rot damage is no longer lethal

Soul Ring Pudge is just so lame. Now you can counter his deny abuse by silencing him.
Besides his deny mechanic needs a nerf because since he can buy Blink Dagger, Pudge is no longer a hero without an escape mechanism.

Shadow Demon

- Base armor increased from 2.5 to 5.5

He holds the record of most feeding hero in TI3. At least give him some sort of survivability.

Slark

- Pounce leash duration rescaled from 3.5 to 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds
- Day vision reduced to 1300 (night vision still 1800)
- Shadow Dance passive now follows the same rules as Heart of Tarrasque, it is disabled when damage is taken with a 4 second cooldown and not when enemies have vision of Slark.

I think this solves the Slark issue.
Because of his snowballing nature, this hero should NEVER be able to get first blood at the 0 minute rune. He can't have a 3.5 second disable at level 1, it's just too stupid. This only nerfs his early game kill potential since he maxes Pounce anyways, but this hero should just not get first blood.
Also, Slark can no longer see the position of Observer Wards

Sniper

Full rework into a long range INT nuker (instead of a long range right-clicking creep).

Storm Spirit

- Ball Lightning damage reduced from 8/12/16 per 100 units to 6/9/12 per 100 units
- Ball Lightning activation cost from 15+7% of mana pool to 15+12% of mana pool
- Ball Lightning is now considered a true blink and is disabled by roots
- Base damage reduced by 5

One of the broken heroes in the game right now, confirmed by DAC.
What's the main weakness of Storm? 5-man push strats. Otherwise he can just roam the map all game long and pickoff whoever he wants. What just got nerfed in all the previous patches? Yeah. And Storm got a huge buff to his ult that actually not only increases his mobility by reducing his mana costs but increases his ult damage as well.
His ult is now disabled by roots just like a regular Blink, so that Lone Druid or Crystal Maiden can actually deal with him (it's also a buff to these heroes)

Techies

- No longer available in ranked matchmaking

No troll heroes allowed in a tryhard game mode please. You can't just go to a place where people play to win and instantly lose the game for your team simply with your hero pick.

Troll Warlord

- Berserker's Rage no longer gives 100 bonus HP
- Berserker's Rage movement speed bonus reduced from 10/20/30/40 to 0/10/20/30
- Base movement speed reduced from 300 to 290
- Whirling Axes (Melee) cooldown increased from 12 to 15.5
- Whirling Axes (Ranged) cooldown decreased from 20/19/18/17 to 20/18/16/14
- Fervor bonus attack speed rescaled from 16/22/28/34 to 10/18/26/34

Another broken hero. His melee axes are just way too spammable however surprisingly his ranged axes have a huge cooldown. And stop giving him bonus HP he's tanky enough already with SnY into Skadi -_-
His harass in lane with only 1 value point in Fervor needs a big nerf.

Witch Doctor

- Death Ward cooldown increased from 80 to 105/100/95 seconds

Such a game-changing teamfight ulti having literally no cooldown is pretty overpowered. In comparison Crystal Maiden ulti has a 2 minute cooldown at level 2 (!).

Items

Sange, Sange and Yasha and Heaven's Halberd

- Maim chance increased from 16 to 20%

Eul's Scepter of Divinity

- Now deals 1 damage upon landing, whether cast on self or on an enemy

(Casting Eul's on yourself now disables your own Blink Dagger)
(Damage is non lethal. Damage type is pure. Damage goes through BKB when cast on self.)

Mekansm

- Mana cost reduced from 225 to 180

Orchid Malevolence

- Instead of giving +25 intelligence, orchid now gives +10 intelligence and +15 to your primary attribute.

Allows orchid to be a viable situational item on AGI and STR heroes in general, either as a snowballing item or to deal with high mobility enemies.
Orchid is too much of a niche item right now and it needs a buff IMO.

Mask of Madness

- Movement speed bonus reduced from 30% to 20% on ranged heroes (still 30% on melee heroes).
- Movement speed bonus from MoM no longer stacks with movement speed bonuses from Yasha, Sange and Yasha and Manta Style

OP item on ranged carries.

Eye of Skadi

- Ranged Eye of Skadi no longer slows attack speed (melee eye of skadi still does)

General changes

- Randoming heroes is now disabled in ranked matchmaking

- The followning abilities are now considered true blinks and are disabled by roots :

* Slark's Pounce
* Faceless Void's Time Walk
* Timbersaw's Timber Chain
* Magnus's Skewer
* Mirana's Leap
* Morphling's Waveform
* Ember Spirit's Activate Fire Remnant
* Earth Spirit's Rolling Boulder
* Phoenix's Icarus Dive
* Puck's Ethereal Jaunt
* Storm Spirit's Ball Lightning

A needed nerf on mobility heroes. Roots should disable all escape skills and not just arbitrarily called "blinks".
Makes Lone Druid able to deal with high mobility heroes by disabling their escapes.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » February 20, 2015 1:36pm | Report
So, does this mean you could potentially deny yourself with Eul's (with some good timing with something like Shallow Grave)?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 20, 2015 1:39pm | Report
^ I put damage to non lethal to clarify, so no.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 20, 2015 2:02pm | Report
Sigh all the techies hate.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » February 20, 2015 3:43pm | Report
I agree with all you have said but the techies one
what do you think techies is ?
He is no troll hero,he is based in ****ing the enemy team farm, you can block the jungle, **** runes early game, force supports to buy sentry wards and gem, and the only hero who can defend a push when all five heros are down, and even can deny himself to unfeed purpose
If we can describe techies in one word, that word would be time

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 20, 2015 3:59pm | Report
But hamster, euls already deals 50 damage upon landing for enemies. Y U Nerf?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » February 20, 2015 4:02pm | Report
You forgot one thing:

Juggernaut
Blade Fury now heals enemies caught in the radius
Omnislash jumps decreased from 3/6/9 to 1/1/0
Aghanim's Scepter now causes Juggernaut to slash his allies.

**** that hero.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » February 20, 2015 4:05pm | Report
I don't like the Mirana one. It doesn't fit the hero. That's all Mirana is good for, and the BAT buff does do anything 'cus she's not a carry.

Doesn't Eul's already disable blink dagger (on enemies)?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » February 20, 2015 5:28pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

You forgot one thing:

Juggernaut
Blade Fury now heals enemies caught in the radius
Omnislash jumps decreased from 3/6/9 to 1/1/0
Aghanim's Scepter now causes Juggernaut to slash his allies.

**** that hero.

So much hate for a hero that isn't all that great compared to other Agility carries.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 20, 2015 9:57pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Doesn't Eul's already disable blink dagger (on enemies)?

Euls already disables Blink Dagger on enemies but the change is that it disables Blink Dagger on SELF as well now.
Casting Euls on yourself and blinking out is imba.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved