Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Hamster's 6.84 pseudo-patch

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Hamster's 6.84 pseudo-patch 15 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 21, 2015 2:55am | Report
Ok so:

Open Wounds: dude did you forgot they are slowed? The stun will only take effect if the target has a blink ability and a force staff. Its a nice idea but needs a bit rework
Bloodseeker: to be honest I prefer the old thirst. But my main problem is that it inly gives vision at 30% health. Thirst is now the worst global ability because of it. I suggest increasing the vision to 45% or the regular 50. The true sight? Leave it at 30%.
Necrophos: Yes. It is just so damn annoying to have 60 seconds respawn timer at level 5.
Lone Druid: a buff... But would it return him to meta?
Eul's Scepter of Divinity: just make it to 50.. and also would making it lethal OP? Everyone can now suicide with this item. But still just make it 50 i hate the number '1' in a ga,e like dota. Also, pierce BKB? Hamster u drunk?
Sange and Yasha: I suggest making the chance higher than other maim items like 35% or simething. I love this item but so mich hate ;_;
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 21, 2015 3:09am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Open Wounds: dude did you forgot they are slowed? The stun will only take effect if the target has a blink ability and a force staff. Its a nice idea but needs a bit rework

That's exactly the point. Make Lifestealer able to deal with high mobility heroes who can escape the slow with blinks and other skills/abilities.

Unscathed wrote:

Bloodseeker: to be honest I prefer the old thirst. But my main problem is that it inly gives vision at 30% health. Thirst is now the worst global ability because of it. I suggest increasing the vision to 45% or the regular 50. The true sight? Leave it at 30%.

Fair point.

Unscathed wrote:

Lone Druid: a buff... But would it return him to meta?

I'm thinking about buffing roots in general to make them disable most pseudo-blinks so that imba spirts/Slark can no longer escape being rooted.

Unscathed wrote:

Eul's Scepter of Divinity: just make it to 50.. and also would making it lethal OP? Everyone can now suicide with this item. But still just make it 50 i hate the number '1' in a ga,e like dota. Also, pierce BKB? Hamster u drunk?

The 1 damage pierces BKB, not the effect. This way it disables your blink even if you have BKB up. But you can't cast it on BKB'd targets.
People can't suicide with this item, it wouldn't make any sense, so non lethal.

Quoted:

Sange and Yasha: I suggest making the chance higher than other maim items like 35% or simething. I love this item but so mich hate ;_;

OP as hell on Troll Warlord and other high attack speed heroes. 20% is already good enough IMO.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » February 21, 2015 3:29am | Report
But wont the damage be dealt instantly? So... Even then they aint gon activate bkb. That seems like an odd point to add

And also still, i think the range is too high on open wounds. imo reduce threshold to 900
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » February 21, 2015 3:41am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

But wont the damage be dealt instantly? So... Even then they aint gon activate bkb. That seems like an odd point to add

When you euls YOURSELF into the air, it disables your blink.
In every situation, even if you have BKB activated.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » February 21, 2015 4:02am | Report
I like the Eul's change. Tbh I think there needs to be more work done around Blink Dagger and high mobility skills, they're starting to become almost essential and taking over the game. I'm not suggesting nerfing them into the ground or anything, just that there should be more things that make them harder to use as escapes, such as this.

That Mirana change :). 3.5 seconds is still a damned long time at level one, she can still perform that roaming or ganking role effectively. Small bat buff and maybe some more int gain and she's still very viable. All skills with a very long stun at level 1 can be considered:

- Sacred Arrow, long range, good damage, up to 5 seconds at level 1. Unreliable without setup, but almost certain kill.

- Pounce, 3.5 seconds at level 1 is kinda ridiculous too. Needs some scaling.

- Nightmare, 4 seconds, decent damage, high mana cost. Short range, effect removed if you take other damage, and can be taken by allies - keeps it pretty fair.

- Shackles, 2.75 seconds at level 1, decent damage, but low range on a slow *** hero, channelled.

- Dragon Tail, 2.5 seconds, 25 damage, melee range, nuff said.

- Hex, 2.5 seconds, enemy can still move a bit, no damage, high mana cost.

- Fortune's End, 2.5 seconds max, channelled, no a true stun, minimal damage.

Can't think of anything else that's over 2 seconds at level 1. You can see we're only talking about 2 skills that need mild nerfs here.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved