Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Builds

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Builds 16 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » March 30, 2014 2:30am | Report
What do you think about the players builds and play styles? Sorry for bad quality... Plz give me ([32nd] Hagwill) critism! Match id:586514710

Hagwill

Steam: Hagwill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » March 30, 2014 4:41am | Report
I think you should active your match sharing information and link us the dotabuff link for the match.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/586514710

This is the match, but we don't know which one you are :D
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » March 30, 2014 5:22am | Report
Are you referring to this game?

Well, just from looking at the Skill Builds and most of the Item Builds, this appears to be a low skill game.

Earthshaker skipped his Blink Dagger to go straight for an Aghanim's Scepter so I'm guessing the other Team must have literally walked into his Ult countless times...or he just never landed it. His Skill Build seems really eratic too, almost as though he had no idea what he wanted to level 1st.

Puck for some reason picked up a Bloodstone which is rather pointless considering a Scythe of Vyse would have offered more Utility and more than enough Mana. Considering how Tanky the other Team is, aside from Sniper, the Dagon also seems pretty wasted as well. Dagon is useful for finishing off Heroes on low HP, but against Tankier Heroes, Burst Damage is less effective. I dread to think what the 2nd Perserverance was "needed" for...As for his Skill Build, I'm not sure about the 2nd point in Phase Shift, but then agin, I'm not much of a Puck player.

Bloodseeker went straight up Agility, with only a bit of strength from Sange and no Escape Mechanism. Like Earth Shaker, he also seems to have no clue as to what he's trying to level.

Crystal Maiden seems a bit more sensible, grabbing an Urn of Shadows and Mekansm for her team, but given her overall Farm, I have to wonder...did she even buy Wards? I'm not too sure about grabbing a Scythe of Vyse before Force Staff either. Her skill build is terrible, she took a 2nd level in her Aura, even though no one on her team should have needed that much Mana and completely neglected Crystal Nova. Taking her Ult at lvl6 is also a ridiculous choice, as she would not have had enough Mana to use it after Frostbite and Crystal Nova at that level.

As for Spectre, Vanguard and Radiance are both Items that need to be rushed and imo, neither are worthwhile on a Spectre. Battle Fury is better for Flash Farming and would have amde a decent replacement for the Vanguard too if her lane was that easy. Diffusal Blade] is a solid choice on her though, as it synergises well with Haunt and Desolate to make her a fearsome Ganker. The Heart of Tarrasque is also a good choice as it works well with Dispersion. Getting a Refresher Orb just for Haunt is questionable. Maxing Spectral Dagger 1st works best against Dual Lanes for both Chasing and Escaping, but I'm not too sure why Dispersion was taken at lvl1 over Spectral Dagger.

As for the Dire side, their Item choices are terrible, except for Pudge. Bristleback and Ursa seemed to have no clue as to what they were doing Skill Build wise, and something tells me that Lone Druid was trolling...(too lazy to go in-depth here)

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » March 30, 2014 6:20am | Report
Hades4u wrote:

I think you should active your match sharing information and link us the dotabuff link for the match.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/586514710

This is the match, but we don't know which one you are :D

Thx for the link to dota buff, but as I said I am Hagwill (Specter)! :D

Xyrus wrote:

Are you referring to this game?

Well, just from looking at the Skill Builds and most of the Item Builds, this appears to be a low skill game.

Earthshaker skipped his Blink Dagger to go straight for an Aghanim's Scepter so I'm guessing the other Team must have literally walked into his Ult countless times...or he just never landed it. His Skill Build seems really eratic too, almost as though he had no idea what he wanted to level 1st.

Puck for some reason picked up a Bloodstone which is rather pointless considering a Scythe of Vyse would have offered more Utility and more than enough Mana. Considering how Tanky the other Team is, aside from Sniper, the Dagon also seems pretty wasted as well. Dagon is useful for finishing off Heroes on low HP, but against Tankier Heroes, Burst Damage is less effective. I dread to think what the 2nd Perserverance was "needed" for...As for his Skill Build, I'm not sure about the 2nd point in Phase Shift, but then agin, I'm not much of a Puck player.

Bloodseeker went straight up Agility, with only a bit of strength from Sange and no Escape Mechanism. Like Earth Shaker, he also seems to have no clue as to what he's trying to level.

Crystal Maiden seems a bit more sensible, grabbing an Urn of Shadows and Mekansm for her team, but given her overall Farm, I have to wonder...did she even buy Wards? I'm not too sure about grabbing a Scythe of Vyse before Force Staff either. Her skill build is terrible, she took a 2nd level in her Aura, even though no one on her team should have needed that much Mana and completely neglected Crystal Nova. Taking her Ult at lvl6 is also a ridiculous choice, as she would not have had enough Mana to use it after Frostbite and Crystal Nova at that level.

As for Spectre, Vanguard and Radiance are both Items that need to be rushed and imo, neither are worthwhile on a Spectre. Battle Fury is better for Flash Farming and would have amde a decent replacement for the Vanguard too if her lane was that easy. Diffusal Blade] is a solid choice on her though, as it synergises well with Haunt and Desolate to make her a fearsome Ganker. The Heart of Tarrasque is also a good choice as it works well with Dispersion. Getting a Refresher Orb just for Haunt is questionable. Maxing Spectral Dagger 1st works best against Dual Lanes for both Chasing and Escaping, but I'm not too sure why Dispersion was taken at lvl1 over Spectral Dagger.

As for the Dire side, their Item choices are terrible, except for Pudge. Bristleback and Ursa seemed to have no clue as to what they were doing Skill Build wise, and something tells me that Lone Druid was trolling...(too lazy to go in-depth here)

Thx for the help! But yes with only 150 matches played it is a low skilled game! And thx again!

Hagwill

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by 9black » March 30, 2014 6:47am | Report
No one can see your name in the dota buff hagwill. Here are the instructions to enable it though. http://dotabuff.com/pages/enabling-statistics. makes it easier next time for everyone to see who you are as well as view all of your matches histories.

9black

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Grokk » April 1, 2014 11:08pm | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Spectre is IMO one of the FEW heroes where Vanguard is an okay item. That being said, if he knew he was going for a Refresher Orb, then Phase Boots and a casual Ring of Health would be more than enough to go for his Radiance.

Battle Fury is a bad item to get, since if you are cleaving, you aren't Desolateing. If you want a big farming item on Spectre, you get Radiance.

Radiance is amazing on Spectre since it helps you farm, does extra damage during Haunt, and disables Blink Daggers as you chase. It really synergizes with her.

Grokk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 2, 2014 7:04am | Report
Grokk wrote:

Spectre is IMO one of the FEW heroes where Vanguard is an okay item.

Yes, it makes Spectre tankier during the Early and Mid Game, which is good if you're actively fighting in Teamfights as soon as they start happening.

However, none of it's bonuses are applied to Haunt Illusions which are going to be doing most of the work for you in Teamfights and Ganks early on. Coupled with the fact that a Radiance will require you to Farm until at least 15:00 if you only buy Boots of Speed, I just can't see any tangible benefit to it in this game.
Grokk wrote:

Battle Fury is a bad item to get, since if you are cleaving, you aren't Desolateing. If you want a big farming item on Spectre, you get Radiance.

I wouldn't usually recommend a Battle Fury on Spectre, but given that it's a low skill game with an Ursa, a Bristleback and a Lone Druid, I see the Cleave doing wonders to cut these 3 down, since they'll probably bull-rush in a huddled group (preventing Desolate from proccing). Combine with the lock-down from Aftershock and Dream Coil and it can be even more effective.
Grokk wrote:

Radiance is amazing on Spectre since it helps you farm, does extra damage during Haunt, and disables Blink Daggers as you chase. It really synergizes with her.

Given that there's 4 rather Tanky Heroes (with the 2 Heroes that would normally buy Blinks going for other Items instead), I don't see the Radiance being too effective this game, but yes, it would probably be effective against most lineups.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Grokk » April 2, 2014 11:11am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Yes, it makes Spectre tankier during the Early and Mid Game, which is good if you're actively fighting in Teamfights as soon as they start happening.

However, none of it's bonuses are applied to Haunt Illusions which are going to be doing most of the work for you in Teamfights and Ganks early on. Coupled with the fact that a Radiance will require you to Farm until at least 15:00 if you only buy Boots of Speed, I just can't see any tangible benefit to it in this game.

I wouldn't usually recommend a Battle Fury on Spectre, but given that it's a low skill game with an Ursa, a Bristleback and a Lone Druid, I see the Cleave doing wonders to cut these 3 down, since they'll probably bull-rush in a huddled group (preventing Desolate from proccing). Combine with the lock-down from Aftershock and Dream Coil and it can be even more effective.

Battle Fury doesn't help illusions either. And yes, the AOE lockdown would make cleave nice. However, unless they are landing 5 man disables every time, you can chase the straggler as he comes in or leaves.

Xyrus wrote:

Given that there's 4 rather Tanky Heroes (with the 2 Heroes that would normally buy Blinks going for other Items instead), I don't see the Radiance being too effective this game, but yes, it would probably be effective against most lineups.

I agree Radiance would be a poor choice this game. No one can challenge you late game, so you should do what you can to survive the mid game. I would have either rushed a Manta Style or a Diffusal Blade after getting a Drum of Endurance.

Of course you could just say that Spectre is a bad choice against this lineup. Also, picking such a hard carry in a pub, especially low level, is almost an auto-lose.

Grokk

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hagwill » April 2, 2014 11:58am | Report
Grokk wrote:
I agree Radiance would be a poor choice this game. No one can challenge you late game, so you should do what you can to survive the mid game. I would have either rushed a Manta Style or a Diffusal Blade after getting a Drum of Endurance.

Of course you could just say that Spectre is a bad choice against this lineup. Also, picking such a hard carry in a pub, especially low level, is almost an auto-lose.

Nope not if I play specter! :D

Hagwill

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 2, 2014 12:18pm | Report
Spectre is actually a pretty good pub hero becouse his strength is not AFK farming all game becouse she does it really slowly with her slow attack speed and damage.
Her strength is fighting early with her team using haunt, and cleaning up teamfights.

If the game is more farm oriented you farm radiance so you can keep your farm up after the laning phase and deal a lot of teamfight damage.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved