Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread 122 posts - page 2 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 2, 2016 7:11am | Report
Short version for those that don#'t want to read entire text wall:-
  • Phantom Assassin is the 1st of at least 7 Heroes that I am considering playing in Ranked....this does not mean I will be playing her every game, hell, I may not even play her in 10% of my games, she's just there because I have fun with her, and I can have an impact even if my Lane is heavily contested
  • I need Heroes that can Farm 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 as I'll be in the Side Lane, since Solo Mid is hard to come by in my bracket
  • I may also Roam <}3

Hamstertamer wrote:

- Silver Edge makes the hero unplayable. And it's not a way of saying. Literally *unplayable*, it's worse that a 5 second Hex, it turns a 6-slotted PA into a melee creep. No evasion. No crit. 40% less damage so zero manfight potential. And *completely unpurgeable*. And I mean completely. You get hit by that, you're screwed. Playing against Slark or any hero that'll buy a SB in the 2K bracket? Instalose. You'll even get rekt by drow...isn't that something. EVEN BKB DOESN'T REMOVE IT. I tested that in lobby just to be sure because of how ******** this is. Extremely fair and balanced item OSFrog.

Did I mention that PA gets literally one-shotted by Sanity's Eclipse and OD is tier 1 pick now? And OD is also a natural Silver Edge carrier in case you dind't see Slahser.

Aha, I see it now. However, the solution is simple, grab Black King Bar + a Gem of True Sight. If they try to Break me, activate Black King Bar when they're mid=animation and block the Break effect. This is 2k we're talking about, so it won't be that hard.

Honestly, I'm not worried about players who pick Meta Heroes in 2k...they pick those Heroes because they feel they can win with them without learning the hero properly, trust me, I'll easily get Black King Bar off at the right time to block the Break...now to find a game where someone builds Silver Edge against me...
Hamstertamer wrote:

- And she even got another hidden nerf. She lost a significant part of her damage output. Abyssal Blade lost 15 crittable damage. Her crit increases PA's damage by 50% so that's 7.5 damage lost forever on each hit. And Monkey King Bar lost 22 damage, so that's 11 damage lost as well. PA lost 18.5 damage because abyssal and MKB are pretty much core in this mass evsaion meta. On a carry that only scales with damage, there's not even such a thing as a damage item in dota anymore.

The change to Abyssal Blade feels more like a Buff to me tbh. Do the math for a lvl25 with Phase Boots, Sange and Yasha, Helm of the Dominator, Black King Bar and Abyssal Blade in 6.85 and 6.86:-

In 6.85, you have 118.6 Base Damage + 24 + 32 + 20 + 24 + 85 for a total of 303.6, or 1366.2 when you Crit. With Pseudo Random Distribution and assuming you get a Crit every 6 attacks gives you roughly 480.7 Damage per attack on average.

In 6.86, you have 118.6 Base Damage + 24 + 32 + 20 + 24 + 70 for a total of 288.6, or 1298.7 when you Crit. With Pseudo Random Distribution and assuming you get a Crit every 6 attacks gives you roughly 456.95 Damage per attack on average.

So overall, she lost about 20-30 Damage before reductions on average depending on how often you Crit and how many times Stifling Dagger gets the Crit. However, this is before taking into account the increase in Bash Damage. Assuming you get a Bash once every 5 hits (being moderately unlucky), you are practically guaranteed a Bash with Stifling Dagger and the faster Auto-Attacks from Phantom Strike. Going from 60 to 120 Damage, you get an extra 12 Damage back.

Overall, you're only losing around 20 Damage per average attack at most from this change. Hardly a significant nerf...

Dimonychan wrote:

Or, you know, learn a legit mid hero and just instapick him and this will get you to about 3.5k on its own, maybe further(I stopped ding that after I got to that rating).

I can play Queen of Pain well enough to reach 3.5k and learning Invoker to the same standard isn't hard...problem is, getting the other 4 players to leave Mid to you. I'll end up with a "Dual Lane" at best if I just instapick a Mid hero and set the icon Mid, so Solo Offlane is probably going to be my best choice...beleive it or not, you get more Farm there than Safe Lane with a "Support" most of the time...it's almost as good as Solo Mid in 2k...
Dimonychan wrote:

Edit: also weren't you a fan of Zeus? This hero works everywhere and it is impossible to contest his farm midlane.

Yeah, he's on the list, I can go 10 minutes without dying against 6.86 Invoker and Bounty Hunter in "Very High Skill" while still Farming <}3

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2044816508
Dimonychan wrote:

After all, if you are shut down, there is a chance your *****tain carry will be able to do something.

*Rolls on floor laughing* X{D
Dimonychan wrote:

Also I've never seen trilanes when I was at 2k (half a year ago, so it's still relevant), so you may pick Jugg freely in this bracket.

You'll occasionally see another Support or the Mid Laner rotate in about 6 minutes into the game if another Lane is won/lost hard...it's not a real Tri-Lane...just the 2k equivelant.
Dimonychan wrote:

Also try Omni mid, nobody expects that, with OoV you just run at the enemy mid and beat them to death.

Well, I haven't tried it with Orb of Venom] but... 8{D

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/692360209
The Frosto wrote:

What I don't get is that you don't want to play Juggernaut he is really strong in lane and can solo lanes easily.

Only problem is, I'm screwed if my "Support" tries to get Last Hits since Jugg has no decent method of Farming 1 vs 3. Yes if I'm 2 vs 2, or 1 vs 1, I can easily Farm up, but in 2k, your "Support" if you have one is usually working against you, not to mention, if you have a Jungler, you can easily end up, 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3. This has happened a lot in my games, so I need a Safe Laner that doesn't suffer in these Lanes.

As a Jugg, I lose 2 or 3 CS per Wave...if I can even manage to reach it. As a PA, I lose 1, maybe 2 CS per wave so long as I can get within 1200 Range of the Creep Wave. If I lose too much CS, I need space or Kills to catch up. In order to get Space, I have to ensure I don't lose Towers, which I can't do by myself, in order to get Kills, I need to find pickoffs or rely on my team...neither of those are good options with Jugg sadly T-T
The Frosto wrote:

If he got some levels and items he can zone an oflane hero solo. With his healing ward he get good substain and he can farm fast with Iron Talon or battlefury or Maelstrom. There are alot of different juggernaut build and you can just find the build you like the most and do that.

No, I need to learn all the Item builds, so that I can adapt to the Situation. Sticking to 1 Item build is just going to get me crushed.
Bl1tzKri3eg wrote:

Any thoughts on Gyrocopter?

He's one of those carries that I believe is a decent laner - while the range isn't exactly impressive, he can dish out decent harass via Flak Canon, can farm fast and fight early as well and scale well into late game.

Again, this Hero is great 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2, but 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 and he gets shut down too quickly.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1840680550

I ended up losing the game, because...what else could I do when all Lanes were lost and our Towers disappeared? If I'd had Farm 10 minutes in, I probably could have fought back with his Skillset and created space for myself, but I needed an Item or 2 to be able to do that. I don't think I'll get far with Gyro until I reach a higher MMR.
The Frosto wrote:

Because 2k mmr has easy mids to gank but really easy. With playing roamers I got out of the 2k mmr **** really fast. And even heroes that aren't roamers work like I did with Necrophos. So play vengefull spirit, Night Stalker, Mirana, Crystal Maiden or just any high impact hero like Death Prophet.

Mirana was my old go to Hero for grinding Solo MMR, I usually went 1-0-3 in the 1st 6 minutes <}3 ...
Dimonychan wrote:

Gl and don't forget to ☑ Mute All Chat.

...and that is why I rarely mute All Chat, salty tears are just too delicious. They motivated me enough to get +200MMR <}3

I just need to get back into playing her, and to learn the ideal timings for sniping Neutral Camps.

I will probably pick Pudge instead though, Meat Hook has much more impact than Sacred Arrow and can easily turn into a game winning skill if you can use it correctly. You also get more Exp and Gold with Rot than Sacred Arrow. Problem is, Mirana is much better at taking Towers once she gets a Desolator...so I'm kind of torn...

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 2, 2016 7:40am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Overall, you're only losing around 20 Damage per average attack at most from this change. Hardly a significant nerf...

Don't forget that Troll Warlord went from OP to unplayable because he lost 15 damage on his Q, all the other Troll nerfs were insignificant. And because Silver Edge was introduced.

So PA was nerfed in this patch as hard as Troll was nerfed in 6.84. And was she as dominant in 6.85 as Troll was in 6.83? Nope, she was just meh, slightly underpowered even.

And you only did the math for Abyssal Blade. You forgot Monkey King Bar. PA needs MKB. Every carry needs MKB. This is a mass evasion meta. So double the nerf.

But well, I did my part, I warned you of OSFrog's sneaky "make it look like I buff a hero but actually I'm backstab nerfing him into oblivion despite him being already underpowered" move that hit so many heroes before PA, so do what you will. After all if you join fEEd sama in making PA's winrate plummet to <40% then she will get buffed, right? Keepo.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 2, 2016 8:21am | Report
Alright so I won't even take Black King Bar+ Gem of True Sight as a counter to Silver Edge seriously, that's a joke, and you should understand why(or I can give my reasons if you don't).

You're too afraid to get denied mid in 2k. Epic "Me Mid" Battles of History usually happen in 4k bracket, and even there, if you write "mid pls ty" in pre-load screen and quickly put icon mid, you will be able to get it like 80% of the time. It was EXTREMELY rare for some ****** to try and take my lane all the way to 4k. So do it freely. Or don't, since you lose a Viper- Kunkka mid matchup hard 4Head

Advanced tactics of instalocking mid/safelane

You are also overestimating enemy laners in this bracket. Hard lanes happen(hell, now in pubs the actual safelane is your offlane with Bara/Tusk or **** carries face every ****ing game), but it;s not so bad. You don't have to pick a Rambo hero that can survive everywhere, even if you pick an average carry like Jugg, Gyro, even PL, you'll be able to win much more games than with PA just because they are better and if you are a good core you can recover from a bad start most of the time.

Supports are also aren't a problem as long as you get Quelling Blade.

Also who the **** gets auras and support items on Mid Omni, that's not how he is supposed to be played, you go Phase-SnY and then get what you need, Radi, AC, Basher etc.

Also you can try Arc Warden, this should be non-counterable in 2k.

Hamstertamer wrote:
Don't forget that Troll Warlord went from OP to unplayable because he lost 15 damage on his Q, all the other Troll nerfs were insignificant. And because Silver Edge was introduced.

Lmao that was not the reason at all. The true reasons were Glimmer Cape, Solar Crest, Winter Wyvern, solo Rosh nerf with Quelling Blade change and meta change because of buffs to other heroes. And hero fashion ofc. His direct nerfs were the least important and deciding factor.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » January 2, 2016 8:28am | Report
You know 2k mmr europe isn't that bad that you will end up with a dual mid. It will happen but it isn't like every game. I don't think you should have trouble with claiming the midlane, just be fast enough and pick your mid hero immediatly. That way there is no doubt about who goes mid. If someone says he want mid to just say him to reconsider his pick. I think that that will work honestly. People are *******s but they aren't mongoloids, most of the time.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 2, 2016 12:25pm | Report
so many flawed logics. you overthink the hero picking thing way too much.

instead you should focus on actually improving your game, watching or letting your replays be analysed by people that are 5k+ atleast.
getting 4k is not about picking the right hero, its about actually improving so you are actually good enough to be 4k.
sure you might be able to graze 4k by spamming certain heroes, so if you only care about the number and not about being good enough to stay in the bracket then 'have fun'. Dont know how thats possible that way but good luck.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » January 2, 2016 4:47pm | Report
Learn Viper, Razor, Lina, Zeus and Necrophos. If you can play them well you can at least to go 3k+ pretty fast.

For roaming the famous booty hunter and Shadow Demon are good.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 3, 2016 3:57pm | Report

JANUARY 3RD

Time to unveil the 2nd Hero. Now, I was sceptical when I was told that you can instalock your Lane in Ranked, however, I have been surprisingly successful in Unranked, so I decided to try playing Mid for a few games. In doing so, I have found the perfect Mid hero for me:-

This Hero is a complete arsehole, who runs around the map Ratting and Farming. So naturally, I love him. 8{3

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2052831947

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2052883511

I got easy 1st Bounty Runes in both games, but was only able to secure more after that in my 1st game. I ended up getting a fairly standard 11 (and a bit) minute Radiance in both games and from there proceeded to make the ohter team's life HELL! >Game is NOT hard! Hell, the games were so easy, I managed to secure a win in the 2nd game in under 30 minutes! Without any additional Bounty Runes! I get the feeling I'll run into some difficulty when I start playing against Romaers or Support with the brains to Gank me, so, I'll play a few more games and see how I go when I get contested.

EDIT: k, I found the game I neede, now I just need to figure out how I could have won it:-

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2052932347

Dual Mid with an Axe. I was surprised to learn that a Quelling Blade does not help you much against this guy, he managed to slow down my Radiance to a measly 17 or so minutes. After that, the ohter Team started snowballin out of control, we lost Towers, we lost Rax, and we eventually lost the game. Any advice on how to win this game would be appreciated.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 3, 2016 10:26pm | Report
*clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* Congratulations Xyrus, when I thought you couldn't have found a ****tier carry for ranked, you came up with this. You never cease to amaze me. How about Dazzle carry? A lot of -armor and can save your idiot teammates when they play bad.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 4, 2016 1:31am | Report
Apparently Xyrus wants to throw his MMR. Maybe make a list of decent cores in this patch instead of flaming him, but the point stands firm.

Timminator, I think you're overestimating high rated players. Almost every single one of them got where they are by spamming meta heroes. Ask a 6K player how to improve, he's going to tell you some almost useless advice about positionning, map awareness or some "get good" patronizing ********. Look at his dotabuff, you'll see 100 Void games in the Void patch, 150 Troll games in the Troll patch, and 175 Lesh games in the Lesh patch. To win at dota you need to pick good heroes, that's more or less a proven fact. Or at least be really good at *decent* heroes.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 4, 2016 1:37am | Report
Gyrocopter, Juggernaut, Wraith King, Templar Assassin, Invoker, Shadow Fiend, Windranger, Ember Spirit, Slark, Riki?, Silencer?, Ursa, Phantom Lancer?, Arc Warden, Sniper?, Lone Druid. A lot of them. No, better pick PA and Alch.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved