Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread 122 posts - page 10 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » January 20, 2016 4:30am | Report
Slark is problematic for most carries, it's normal to feel pressured against him. His counter lies in most supports and heroes with aoe stuns

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 20, 2016 4:31am | Report
Alright if he does not want Terrorblyat then he should stay away from Spectre. Worst laning presence ever I can imagine.
Terrorblyat can can 1 vs 2 versus the enemy lane you just have to force your ally out of the lane 8{3

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 20, 2016 5:23am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Can Terrorblade 1 vs 3 against your "Support" and a Dual Lane?

Actually, yes, he can. TB is one of the best carries for dealing with useless supports and dual offlanes. Reflection can be maxed at 7 and is incredibly strong against dual lanes, it costs no mana so nothing prevents you from spamming the hell out of this skill on cooldown.
And Metamorphosis can be used to get free last hits as well as zone offlaners extramely hard, so you're freefarming at least, well, 5/14 of the time XD
Honestly I think you can go 4/0/2 in this kind of lane. This will sound ******ed to Tera to not even skill the dosh-creating illusion ability but seriously ez lane ez life.

Lofy wrote:

[ playing Spectre against Slark sucks ]

You can beat the Fish. You just need to time your stuff right.

The trick is to wait for him to use Shadow Dance and Pounce away when doing hit-and-run tactics on your teammates. If he blows both cooldowns, Haunt in and ez fish.

If he jumps you, there's no real problem. If it's in the mid game, just TP out, he doesn't buy basher until much later. Then you can ult back in the fight from base if needed. If it's in the late game, you can manfight him with manta anyways. When nothing else works, dagger into the trees, even if it doesn't break leash it still puts you out of his attack range, use this to kite his ulti and/or pounce.

Essentially if he jumps you you can get away or manfight him fairly easily, and if he jumps a teammate make sure you jump him with haunt when he tries to escape and at least trade kills. Also, buy dust.

Only issue with Slark is that Silver Edge is pretty broken right now, so you need to make sure he can't use it on you in teamfights. So again it's best to ult in after Slark's stuff is on cooldown, you need map awarenees for that.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » January 20, 2016 5:30am | Report
I've actually found, pre- Silver Edge, that Spectre beat Slark. Sure, she didn't kill him, but he didn't really kill her either... and yes, I am talking early-game.

And if you're having a hard lane as TB the solution isn't to max Q, though it will solve the problem... the solution is to get Iron Talon and jungle almost as fast as you lane freefarm.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 20, 2016 5:40am | Report
There's no point in "having freefarm" and 'owning the lane" if you have 500HP and die fromfew spells. Especiallt since there is Pudge in every game, and if he's not there is a big numer of Spirit Breakers, Undyings, Abaddons and other stuff that couldn't care less about your slow and ranged form when they can kill you in few casts anyway.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » January 20, 2016 5:59am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

There's no point in "having freefarm" and 'owning the lane" if you have 500HP and die fromfew spells. Especiallt since there is Pudge in every game, and if he's not there is a big numer of Spirit Breakers, Undyings, Abaddons and other stuff that couldn't care less about your slow and ranged form when they can kill you in few casts anyway.

I've played Terrorblade already several times in pubs in every lane and it works mostly. Pudge isn't even a problem because you can mostly Sunder him, you have illusions and you can try to avoid him with your good movementspeed. The only heroes that are a big pain in the *** for Terrorblade to lane against this patch are Undying and outworld devourer all the other heroes are dueable and alot of matchups are even won by Terrorblade.

Terrorblade is a hard counter against anti mage, Templar Assassin, Clockwerk and Spectre.

He is really good in pubs if you can handle him. You just need to realize that you are squishy to magic. For hence you need to play around that.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 20, 2016 7:04am | Report
What sunder are you talking about, it's laning stage. Nobody will wait till you get Sunder And lvl 4 Reflection, they will just hook you(because you have no ward near your easy camp since your supports are ******ed) and kill you.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » January 20, 2016 7:53am | Report
Sorry for sounding like a **** but:
The solution to this: Spend 75 gold on a ward and you will have the vision.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lofy » January 20, 2016 8:13am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Actually, yes, he can. TB is one of the best carries for dealing with useless supports and dual offlanes. Reflection can be maxed at 7 and is incredibly strong against dual lanes, it costs no mana so nothing prevents you from spamming the hell out of this skill on cooldown.
And Metamorphosis can be used to get free last hits as well as zone offlaners extramely hard, so you're freefarming at least, well, 5/14 of the time XD
Honestly I think you can go 4/0/2 in this kind of lane. This will sound ******ed to Tera to not even skill the dosh-creating illusion ability but seriously ez lane ez life.

any good guide u can recomend? Theres one Hardcarry Spot Free in my raise mmr arsenal.

Lofy wrote:

[ playing Spectre against Slark sucks ]

Wait that he blows up his stuff
[/quote]

Thx for the advice purple Ghost master.

michimatsch wrote:

Alright if he does not want Terrorblyat then he should stay away from Spectre. Worst laning presence ever I can imagine.
Terrorblyat can can 1 vs 2 versus the enemy lane you just have to force your ally out of the lane 8{3

She has you are right. But by seeing the videos from badmann u can deal with it to some extend u have 8 tango's if ur down to 3 buy additional 4 tangos. By usage of urn - drums u can get rid of the farming for radiance phase.

She can deal with most invis heroes, most shadowblyead heroes, dust haunt/dagger deal wounders, she can deal with all that furions thinking furion is a thing. When ur team manages to win a fight u get assist gold what helps u to make up for ur ****py laning phase, u can help that little support get caught of during warding with dying to that scary windrunner. The hero has an amazing win rat of 60% and in these 60% are all that guys who build hood of difiance or try to rush radiance with brown boots against those pudges. She combos with zeus not very rare in 2k-3k. She has 60% win rate in sub 2k, i don't think and know to personal experience that the supports are better than in 2k to 4k ;) To overlook the core with the highest winrate overall, must be a mistake.

-I have given up on winning games with my offlane feeding 5:0 in the 1st 10 minutes my mid-loosing her lane and thier mid constantly ganking my lane. I don't even blame my team for that anymore, or valve for failed matchmackin it's just the rng.
-I rather try to win those games where my team goes full ****** and some how is capable of staying 2 or 3 kills behind the enemy team, in the first 10 minutes.
-To win those games i would loose 42 to 50. Not to win those games i loose 10:40.

And Spectre is the hero that allows u to stay completly on the other side of the map Split-Pushing farming what ever, and be there when u need to. You just have to look on the map, take all information in to account an press R-T.

Lofy

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sp3ctr3 » January 20, 2016 9:40am | Report
I know Spectre is a really powerful hero, but I hate when someone in my team picks her. Most of the time they just sit there in the lane farming, something they should, but they never use the ulti to at least do a little damage if a teamfight happens in the other side of the map. Also, a lot of players build Vanguard and after that they go for a Radiance forcing their teams figth 4v5 for 30 or 35 mins into the game. I you manage to hold the line, sure, Spectre can win the game pretty much always, but if your team gets rekt there is no way a single hero can win against 5.

Sp3ctr3

Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved