Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread 122 posts - page 3 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 4, 2016 1:49am | Report
A few others :

Naga Siren if you know how to play her
outworld devourer is insane this patch
Chaos Knight against the right lineup, now he can farm jungle pretty fast
Tiny
Necrophos
Death Prophet is legit now
Tinker
Luna (Dimony pls)
Terrorblade
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 4, 2016 1:51am | Report
How to raise MMR:
1. Type "I'm going mid" before match
2. Choose one: Phantom Assassin Alchemist Necrophos Outworld Devourer Slark Luna
3. Passively sit in mid, farming and grabbing runes
4. Tell allies to bank mid frequently
5. If step five doesn't produce results, check "mute" next to all their names and play 1v9 for the rest of the game
6. Repeat steps 1-6 until you hit 3.5k, where people grow brains

As for PA: BKB counters Silver Edge, and you're also forgetting SE is a 5k+ gold item. And most heroes can't rush this over their core items.
My most recent match: I just get Rapiers all the time to look good on dotabuff
And Xyrus please for the love of God never get SnY on PA again. That's right. I saw ur little match there
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 4, 2016 2:01am | Report
Blubbles wrote:

BKB counters Silver Edge

If you get initiated on, you won't have BKB up. And if you pop BKB after being affected by silver edge, it doesn't remove it, so you actually wasted your BKB to have no passives and 40% less damage. So no, silver edge isn't countered by BKB. Not anymore.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 4, 2016 2:02am | Report
I don't know, can't win with Luna lately.I even want to rage instapick her, but it;s kinda hard with stuff like that:

Spoiler: Click to view

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 4, 2016 2:06am | Report
Did he actually pick safe lane Spirit Breaker or did he reconsider? Musor ebanhi XD

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 4, 2016 2:19am | Report
He got Lycan and surprisingly me and him are the only ones who are not playing like completely ******ed pieces of ****.

Edit: seems legit. http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2053717774

Also we had walking courier 11 mins in and a trilane bot that somehow managed to feed when Lycan was solo to[p and I was 1 vs QoP + occasional ES and Abaddon.

This is going to be a long journey.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » January 4, 2016 3:16am | Report
SO, I can git gut with Ember Spirit and use him to grind mmr? Is he pretty good this patch?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 4, 2016 3:52am | Report
Yes, nothing changed.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » January 4, 2016 3:53am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Apparently Xyrus wants to throw his MMR. Maybe make a list of decent cores in this patch instead of flaming him, but the point stands firm.

Timminator, I think you're overestimating high rated players. Almost every single one of them got where they are by spamming meta heroes. Ask a 6K player how to improve, he's going to tell you some almost useless advice about positionning, map awareness or some "get good" patronizing ********. Look at his dotabuff, you'll see 100 Void games in the Void patch, 150 Troll games in the Troll patch, and 175 Lesh games in the Lesh patch. To win at dota you need to pick good heroes, that's more or less a proven fact. Or at least be really good at *decent* heroes.

Suuuuuure mate, so us average dotafarians can get EZ 5k if we just spam meta heroes? Sounds good.
Dont kid yourself man, dotafire doesnt even have 5 good players probs. If even. 6k players are 6k because they are better then us.

Xyrus wants to get 4K and everyone just advices to pick meta heroes instead of actually become a better player. This is the ****ing reason i hardly post here anymore.

So stuff that actually makes sense now. Want to get more MMR, IMPROVE. Dont suddenly pick these heroes like PA that you hardly played recently and dont have good results with, pick heroes that you actually won with in unranked too. If that include meta heroes then sure, if you happen to suck with a hero cause you arent good pressing your advantage then either improve that or pick another hero. (Not saying you do xyrus, just an example)
So pick heroes that you can play in ranked and improve your game. If you becone better you win more, have a higher positve impact in your games, you win more. You can do that with any role.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by asterkm » January 4, 2016 3:56am | Report
If we are talking about solo mmr, it is really hard to advance, cuz you can't solo win 5 man game, whatever you pick. You need teammates. Matchmaking is somewhat broken so it makes games sometimes harder.
I want mango avatar :(

asterkm

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved