Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Xyrus's #RoadTo4k Thread 122 posts - page 6 of 13
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 11, 2016 6:54am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

I can't trust my team to group up and Push every game, and I have no way of telling which games they'll do it in or not.

That's just like my Enigma games actually XD. Nature's Prophet is interesting though. I used to play him a lot, mostly as a dedicated split pusher but after a while I decided that I can't play him for ****, FeelsBadMan, then stopped touching his bushes with a shameful 40% winrate in my dotabuff page. Maybe I'll try him again some time.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » January 11, 2016 6:55am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Hey Xyrus, why don't you try Enigma? Good Black Holes can turn around the game and he can secure a double kill in a gank after level 6.

Enigma just doesn't have the same impact in Pubs. Remember, I'll be with players that are so bad, they won't Push Towers after a Teamwipe, and while Enimga adds Pushing Power, he provides very little on his own. Winning Teamfights is meaningless if I can't kill the Ancient.

You are already on 2.5k mmr if I remember correctly, so what you say about your team is maybe true BUT a good enigma player can benefit from a stupid team. Because in the enemy team people will be out of position, they will underestimate your damage and they won't defend their towers well against your eidolon push. Also Enigma is a natural Mekansm hero which is really strong when playing with not that amazing people. Also if you win a teamfight just ping on the towers, but like 20 times say push in the chat and call it in the voice chat. Like Eternal Envy.

Enigma is super good in pubs because of his utility, his teamfight, his push and his scaling (he is one of the few heroes who is good at any stage of the game).

Winning teamfights is EVERYTHING in pubs. Because you can just let the creeps push. Ganking lanes at the 4th minute mark ensures that your mid and/or safelane is won. Games are won during the laningstage, ofcourse comeback exists but the laning stage is super important. And in 4-5 minutes your are level 6 your mid is and your oflane is. Just gank the safelane and your carry can get farm and levels too.

If your team doesn't push maybe you should work on your communication?
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 11, 2016 7:03am | Report
NP is good and a lot of fun, I also want to get into the hero and I used to love playing him with some ******ed builds.

Courier sniping is actually easy, it just takes some practice. You can't do it 100% of the time, especially against aware(but we are talking sub 4k) opponents, but what you can do is:

1) Get a Town Portal Scroll to get away after a successful/unsuccessful snipe. Get it at start or bring immediately after the first camp you kill.
2) Ask for an obs or buy it yourself and put it on the enemy highround.
3) Check enemy mid items to estimate how fast will he get something(easiest with bottle rush builds)
4) Keep your eyes on the minimap.
5) Snipe and TP back to base so you won't get killed.

Can be also done with the enemy safelane, bout you'll have to trust your offlane to put a ward exactly where you tell him sot hat's kinda risky.

About build diversity, that's true, but don't forget where you are playing. Forget about Mek or Aghs-Octarine, just get Deso and rightclick items + some utility to help you survive/kill like blink or sheep. Full dmg + Hex is actually insane if you put a ward in enemy territory like jungle(easy with NP since he can TP in smoke anywhere), you just TP in and kill anyone, then get away with TP scroll.

Razor is a team hero, unless you build him killer-style(and there are way better heroes for that) it won't do. Lycan, however, can solo win the game and is extremely good in low pubs.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 11, 2016 8:19am | Report
Welp, Enigma does seem to be the ultimate Scrub destroyer:-

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/71164597

I might give him a whirl, but I still think NP is the superior pick for 2k
The Frosto wrote:

If your team doesn't push maybe you should work on your communication?

Communication only gets you so far. Believe it or not, there are players who queue for english language servers, but speak no english as well as players will mute everyone at the start of the game. All you're left with then is using the Chatwheel.

Most of the time, if I can get 1 person on my Team to listen, I end up leading them to victory:-

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2070051797

Kept supporting the Shadow Fiend and telling him "when I drop my Golems, we push". It took a bit, but eventually, the conecpt made it's way through to his brain, we Raxed at 30 minutes. The problem is, when my teammates have me muted or do not understand english, I need to be able to win the game myself.
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

What about Razor?? He has a lot of pushing power, he has a lot of teamfigth power and can dominate the lane only by himself. Also, a lot of people tend to ignore him and they pay it with their lives.
Also how do you feel about Lycan??

True, Razor is a possibility. Lycan is fine, but for some reason, I always end up AGAINST the team that actually checks Roshan, even when I Smoke in... T-T

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » January 11, 2016 8:51am | Report
Good luck.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 11, 2016 11:12am | Report
Btw about lane NP... how do you control treants and the hero simultaneously, make them keep distance? I've just played mid Furion and couldn't get my treans and the hero attack at the same time and keep distance - either treants were staying behind the wave or my hero came too close to it when I refined my positioning, and switching between control groups is cancer and messes everything up, distracts me and makes me do stupid things and get out of position. I had to give up and just harass the enemy laner with treants and send them farm jungle when I got enough lvlls into E.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 11, 2016 11:56am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Btw about lane NP... how do you control treants and the hero simultaneously, make them keep distance?

Confused, am I.
F1 to control hero, F2 to control hero and trees, F3 to control trees only. Isn't that built in?
Why would you ever need to make control groups to play Furion? He's not Meepo.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 11, 2016 12:04pm | Report
You didn't understand me.

I use 1 for main hero(yes I bind it every time when I play a new hero), 2 for summons or illusions, 3 for both with some changes(Naga's illusions are bound to 2, 3 and 4 keys, for example). That's what I'm used to and that's not the topic of the question at all.

The point is, when you order both of your groups to move, they both go there and when you have a ranged unit and a melee unit controlled that messes stuff up. Either treants cannot move in range to lasthit or NP comes at close range and exposes himself. How is this fixed and is it fixable at all, mb you are supposed to only lasthit with treants/NP and use the other to harass the enemy?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » January 11, 2016 12:13pm | Report
As a scrub tier player I can say Enigma is very good. You get a ****ton of gold, go push minute 6 with buckler or headress and the enemy team won't do ****, because they are scared of the black hole. After all tier1 are down you have your mek and just start grinding towers or if the game isn't going as good farm BKB or Blink in woods.

Since blocking and ganking junglers is not a thing anymore you can enjoy all the freefarm in the world.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 11, 2016 12:32pm | Report
Sorry I didn't understand, was a bit confusing.

Harass with the treants and last hit with the hero. So sayeth Bulldog.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved