Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.83 Personal Changelog

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » 6.83 Personal Changelog 13 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 15, 2014 8:14am | Report

In almost all games, I've rarely seen a Venom buying ASU. People consider it a situational pick for what it does. But the fact is that they're misunderstanding how powerful it is. Increases damage and duration, and decreases cooldown to an absolute 60 seconds. This ASU buff is to make people buy ASU on Venom. This also increases his solo killing potential and makes him scarier in team fights. The damage buff also enables Venom to farm up faster. It was reduced in 6.80.

This buff is to make players build ASU on Void. For now it's always been a situational pick up. What ASU provides for Chronosphere is really good, decreasing the CD drastically to 60 CD, the duration increased for 4/5/6 seconds and disabling passives will be really worth for 4200 gold.

• BAT reverted from 1.9 to 1.7
  • Removed the MS cap
  • Greater Bash is now PRD (This reduces the chances that a very lucky or unlucky streak of procs occur)
  • Removed the 1.5 seconds CD on Greater Bash
  • Greater Bash now has 1st guaranteed proc/hit on every 10 seconds if you have been not attacked, or have been attacked, in the last several seconds
  • While Greater Bash on cooldown, Spirit Breaker can still passively perform bashes
  • Aghanim's Scepter: AoE increased from 250 to 450, mana reduced from 125/150/175 to a constant 125. Nether Strike now uses 1 sec magic immune delay instead of 1.2 Cast Time (cannot be interrupted as a result). Nether Strike Aghainm's Scepter deals the full damage of Greater Bash ( Greater Bash deals 114.84/146.16/177.48/208.8 full damage so it depends on how much you've leveled it up) regardless whether Spirit Breaker has min or max MS

This buff is to enforce people to buy ASU on SB. Not it's not an over buff. Since IF will not revert the nerf, it's better to implement trough ASU. This will totally make him better, the radius increase is make to ulty better in team fights. I'm sure even pros would buy ASU with these changes, but in order to pick SB his BAT and GB will need a treatment. It's worth for 4200 gold anyway. The reason why I suggested Greater Bash change is for Charge of Darkness + Shadow Blade + Greater Bash + Nether Strike. This change will keep him away from making Mask of Madness, because the reason why everyone bought MoM on him was to hit a bash. Spirit Breaker with PT, MoM and BKB was back in 2009. Things change. This change surely changes his play style from a right clicker to a caster. This way Spirit Breaker won't need the help of MoM since Greater Bash has a 100% proc if he hasn't attacked or have been attacked in the next 10 seconds. What makes him good with this change in comp:
He has a better stun lock than before with both Charge, GB and NS he has a total of 5.6 seconds stun to a single target hero.
Aghanim's Scepter makes a really good upgrade.
Now he's even more scarier to heroes like NP, Tinker, Spectre, etc.

I know that ASU is a situational pick up on Luna (I've always bought after getting fat), but this buff is to make ASU worth buying on Luna, of course that is after she get's her core items. This also makes a better synergy with team fight ulties than before.

• Strength gain increased from 1.2 to 1.6
  • Spell Shield MR reduced from 26%/34%/42%/50% to 25%/30%/35%/40%
  • Spell Shield now has an active component: Spell Shield active component

• Strength gain increased from 1.8 to 2.6
  • Armor increased from 1 to 3

• Armor increased from 1 to 3
  • Open Wounds cast range rescaled from 200/300/400/500 to 300/400/500/600

• Head Shot now applies a 0.01 seconds mini stun
  • Assassinate: Damage changed from Magical to Pure. Assassinate now uses Instant Cast time. Assassinate now goes through Shallow Grave. Can no longer be disjointed. Lowered Assassinate mana cost from 175/275/375 to 100/150/200.
  • Assassinate damage reduced from 355/505/655 to 250/350/450

• Crystal Nova damage increased from 100/150/200/250 to 100/150/250/300
  • Crystal Nova mana cost rescaled from 100/120/140/160 to a constant 100
  • Frostbite mana cost rescaled from 115/125/140/150 to a constant 125
  • Freezing Field mana cost reduced from 200/400/600 to 200/300/400

• Self MR increased from 5%/10%/15%/20% to 15%/20%/25%/30%. Allies is 5%/10%/15%/20%.

• Removed the AS cap

I didn't provide statements for the others but you can ask me in the comments.

Other heroes are fine, except a few I didn't list but they need a special treatment.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 15, 2014 8:57am | Report
Nice that you're making this!

A few thoughts :

- Venomancer : Aghanim's Scepter is already core on him. So is Blink Dagger. People who are not buying these items are playing him wrong (I mean there's nothing bad with buying utility like mek, force, pipe, euls or something but people who build right-click, shadowblade or low impact items like drums are horrible venos). You never see a single competitive game with Veno without blink-Aghs. His Aghs really doesn't need a buff, it's almost OP if something. 2000+ AOE pure damage with veil = Volvo pls nerf.

- Faceless Void : yes I like the idea, I think it's a good change. However it only re-balances Void as a carry, and carry Void is balanced, what's imbalanced is initiator Void with teammates doing damage in chrono (and not Void himself).

- Luna : since the buff to Puck and OD's Aghs, Luna's aghs is by far the worst Aghs in the game. Right now, never ever buy Aghs on Luna. It needs a HUGE buff, like reducing the cooldown by 60 seconds or something along these lines. Increasing Eclipse duration is actually a nerf.

- Alchemist : I agree the hero is pretty trash right now and he needs a buff, but that STR gain and especially armor is really, really good, maybe a bit too good. Why not give him some movement speed, since kiting is his main problem?

- Night Stalker : an 8 second silence that cannot be dispelled in any way is absurdly OP. Exactly what happened to the old Bloodseeker and people were calling ******** all over the place : it didn't last 1 patch. OK for the un-purgeable slow, no way in hell for the silence. The whole point of silence debuffs is that they can be dispelled, it's a basic rule of Dota.

- Spirit Breaker : guaranteed Greater Bash? You're giving him a free Abyssal Blade at level 1...what have you done?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 15, 2014 9:31am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Nice that you're making this!

A few thoughts :

- Venomancer : Aghanim's Scepter is already core on him. So is Blink Dagger. People who are not buying these items are playing him wrong (I mean there's nothing bad with buying utility like mek, force, pipe, euls or something but people who build right-click, shadowblade or low impact items like drums are horrible venos). You never see a single competitive game with Veno without blink-Aghs. His Aghs really doesn't need a buff, it's almost OP if something. 2000+ AOE pure damage with veil = Volvo pls nerf.

- Faceless Void : yes I like the idea, I think it's a good change. However it only re-balances Void as a carry, and carry Void is balanced, what's imbalanced is initiator Void with teammates doing damage in chrono (and not Void himself).

- Luna : since the buff to Puck and OD's Aghs, Luna's aghs is by far the worst Aghs in the game. Right now, never ever buy Aghs on Luna. It needs a HUGE buff, like reducing the cooldown by 60 seconds or something along these lines. Increasing Eclipse duration is actually a nerf.

- Alchemist : I agree the hero is pretty trash right now and he needs a buff, but that STR gain and especially armor is really, really good, maybe a bit too good. Why not give him some movement speed, since kiting is his main problem?

- Night Stalker : an 8 second silence that cannot be dispelled in any way is absurdly OP. Exactly what happened to the old Bloodseeker and people were calling ******** all over the place : it didn't last 1 patch. OK for the un-purgeable slow, no way in hell for the silence. The whole point of silence debuffs is that they can be dispelled, it's a basic rule of Dota.

- Spirit Breaker : guaranteed Greater Bash? You're giving him a free Abyssal Blade at level 1...what have you done?

Alchemist doesn't need MS since Chemical Rage already gives him bonus MS.

Night Stalker is only strong at night and **** at day. He's the only hero who's weak at day and strong at night. It's justified. You still have to wait 4 mins till night time. Not mention before it was 6. Old Bloodseeker's Bloodrage was removable. No, not all silences can be dispelled. Hard dispels cannot be dispel. The most famous for that is Doom. You can prevent it from taking damage but you cannot dispel it.

Did you do that maths about Spirit Breaker? You need to be higher level so you can have 5.6 seconds stun. On level 1 it's obvious SB will have 1.2 stun with CoD, unless you take GB over CoD. On level 2 SB has 2.2 seconds stun with both CoD and GB.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 15, 2014 10:03am | Report
Doom isn't the most famous silence that can't be dispelled, it's the only one. It's an ultimate, and even with the HEAVY nerfs it's still considered broken. Besides this one there is no other example. The closest is Riki Smoke Screen that indeed can't be dispelled by manta or Euls but it still has a counter : Force Staff and Black King Bar. So besides Doom all silences are dispellable, therefore it's a ground rule of the game right now.
And with a Night Stalker at max level it's night 80% of the time or something so he will almost always have that imba silence. 8 second undispellable silence really makes heroes like Anti-Mage completely unplayable.

"On level 2 SB has 2.2 seconds stun with both CoD and GB." -> well, that's kind of my problem, jump on a guy from a distance and stun him reliably for 2.2 seconds, that's a free Blink Dagger and Abyssal Blade at level 2, I think it's just way too strong. Not only you're reverting the nerfs with the BAT, but you're giving him absurd early game roaming presence. Free bash = free damage also, so free jump + free stun + free damage = imba, it's almost a guaranteed first blood at level 2. Your level 2 cow is like a level 2 Sven with a free blink.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » December 15, 2014 10:44am | Report
Legion Commander - I kinda feel the bonus damage is a bit too much, let's say she won 5 level 1 duel, as the result she gained 100 bonus damage which is quite too much. Winning a level 3 duel will grant her 36 damage! Let's say she won a duel every 4 minutes, by 40:00 she will be getting 20x2+28x3+36x3 = 232 bonus damage, if the game is dragged to 60:00 it will be 232+36x5 = 412 damage.

Spirit Breaker - As Hamstertamer said that the buff is too much. Reliable stun with no mana cost will wreck laning phase, and also easy first blood.

Night Stalker - He is already powerful and you decided to make him stronger. Not to mentioned unpurgeable silence is OP enough but also miss chance on attack is also a very strong debuff.

Luna - Still I'm not getting the blue stick on her.

Anti-Mage - I like the active component idea but I don't think it will ever happens.

Axe - He will spin like crazy trust me.

Sniper - That's a huge buff, he can now spam a 450 pure damage nuke every 10 seconds, if any squishy hero dare to come to him will be killed by 2 Assassinate and a few right-clicks.

Troll Warlord - Remove AS cap on what? Base attack speed? Fervor?
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 15, 2014 11:22am | Report
Totally confusing "changelog". Heroes that are OP this patch( Jakiro, Ogre Magi, Wraith King, Slark) are not even mentioned though some forgotten are tried to be brough back. No fix for BKB. You should fix what's broken before you start making old stars shine again.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » December 15, 2014 11:26am | Report
I like the Crystal Maiden buffs, but personally I think instead of making the Mana Costs so low, an int buff would make her better again. Although I like the damage upgrade for Nova and the mana cost rescale for FF.

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/3/3b/Cm_thanks_02.mp3

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » December 15, 2014 12:01pm | Report
I have so...SO many issues with Axe right now. He is one of the champs who will completely zone your farm after level 2, as just STANDING next to your creep wave would instantly make farming nigh impossible, and even WITH cooldown there was already a high chance of getting helix'd twice. Now you're telling me that you want NO cooldown on one of the most rapid-fire damage abilities in the game? Yeah, yeah, it's all 20%, but that's (rounded up a bit) once every 4 hits or so. In late game, where you'll most likely hit some creeps with Berserker's, as well as a few heroes, That's... The AoE damage of an Enigma, mixed with a Juggernaut, wrapped in a neat little Earthshaker bow.
/rant over.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » December 15, 2014 1:41pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Doom isn't the most famous silence that can't be dispelled, it's the only one. It's an ultimate, and even with the HEAVY nerfs it's still considered broken. Besides this one there is no other example. The closest is Riki Smoke Screen that indeed can't be dispelled by manta or Euls but it still has a counter : Force Staff and Black King Bar. So besides Doom all silences are dispellable, therefore it's a ground rule of the game right now.
And with a Night Stalker at max level it's night 80% of the time or something so he will almost always have that imba silence. 8 second undispellable silence really makes heroes like Anti-Mage completely unplayable.

"On level 2 SB has 2.2 seconds stun with both CoD and GB." -> well, that's kind of my problem, jump on a guy from a distance and stun him reliably for 2.2 seconds, that's a free Blink Dagger and Abyssal Blade at level 2, I think it's just way too strong. Not only you're reverting the nerfs with the BAT, but you're giving him absurd early game roaming presence. Free bash = free damage also, so free jump + free stun + free damage = imba, it's almost a guaranteed first blood at level 2. Your level 2 cow is like a level 2 Sven with a free blink.

Aside from Doom. Let me list some: Berserker's Call, Rupture, Ice Blast, Reaper's Scythe, Life Drain, Static Link, Ion Shell, Decay, Poison Sting, Viper Strike, Maledict, etc. Also Smoke Screen is not an ability that cannot be dispelled by anything. It's an AoE silence with miss chance, that's all.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Swampmist1142 » December 15, 2014 1:48pm | Report
None of those are silences, m8

Swampmist1142

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved