Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Centaur Warrunner...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Centaur Warrunner... 24 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 12, 2014 1:21am | Report
Is by far my newest favorite hero to play. Sorry Nature's Prophet, you are no longer my true love.

But seriously; this guy has a lot of what I want in a hero. Durability, killing potential, farming ability, crowd control, escape, and initiation.

It's even easier for him to go into a BKB.

Been doing a rush Heart build as of late. Tranqs to blink to heart. Usually get heart between 18-25 minute mark depending on how the game is going. From there; he's so flexible with his build.

Last game was a close one where the other team had a Meepo player who knew what he was doing and was giving us some trouble. Had to do a rush BKB job followed by Blade Mail. I literally would pop bkb, blink in, and let them unload every one of their spells onto me. I would stomp and set up our enigmas black hole. Followed up by our NS and Sniper unloading on them. We would always focus fire down the Meepo first due to him being a pain.

The five games I played as him; we won quite demandingly. The other team just couldn't kill me quick enough to stop my team from dropping them.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 12, 2014 1:45am | Report
the only problem with playing cent is your team i find... you can land five man stomps but if your team doesn't follow up then its gg. i rush the same build with a double edge maxed first then mixed stomp and return. he is one of the best offlaners atm. and against squishy heroes he can go godlike.

need a good second initiator though like enigma or QOP or sandking. if you dont have much CC in your team to follow up your basically blinking to your death haha.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 12, 2014 2:09am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

the only problem with playing cent is your team i find... you can land five man stomps but if your team doesn't follow up then its gg. i rush the same build with a double edge maxed first then mixed stomp and return. he is one of the best offlaners atm. and against squishy heroes he can go godlike.

need a good second initiator though like enigma or QOP or sandking. if you dont have much CC in your team to follow up your basically blinking to your death haha.

I usually go Return as first ability, just for some free harass. Then grab stomp. Then work on maxing double edge. After double edge is maxed and I have my ult. I start leveling return.

I don't go double edge at the first two levels due to the low possibility that I'm going to be in a position to kill anyone till bout level 6.

Also got an alternate armor skin for him too. So now he looks pimp.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 12, 2014 2:28am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

I usually go Return as first ability, just for some free harass. Then grab stomp. Then work on maxing double edge. After double edge is maxed and I have my ult. I start leveling return.

Aside from Maxing Stomp 2nd, I did the same. Recently played this Hero for the 2nd time (1st as an Offlaner) and loved it! <}3
Zerosaviour wrote:

Been doing a rush Heart build as of late. Tranqs to blink to heart. Usually get heart between 18-25 minute mark depending on how the game is going. From there; he's so flexible with his build.

Last game was a close one where the other team had a Meepo player who knew what he was doing and was giving us some trouble. Had to do a rush BKB job followed by Blade Mail. I literally would pop bkb, blink in, and let them unload every one of their spells onto me. I would stomp and set up our enigmas black hole. Followed up by our NS and Sniper unloading on them. We would always focus fire down the Meepo first due to him being a pain.

In Pubs, rushing a Heart is always fun, but for serious Matchmaking:-

Tranquil Boots -> Blink Dagger -> Blade Mail -> Utility/Auras -> Heart of Tarrasque

...is the best imo. Baiting a Stun with Blade Mail up helps a competent Team immensely, so Black King Bar not recommended. Then again, I only have 1 serious game with Centaur Warrunner under my belt. 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » May 12, 2014 2:40am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Aside from Maxing Stomp 2nd, I did the same. Recently played this Hero for the 2nd time (1st as an Offlaner) and loved it! <}3

Tranquil Boots -> Blink Dagger -> Blade Mail -> Utility/Auras -> Heart of Tarrasque

...is the best imo. Baiting a Stun with Blade Mail up helps a competent Team immensely, so Black King Bar not recommended. Then again, I only have 1 serious game with Centaur Warrunner under my belt. 8{3

I usually go BKB when they have heavy magic attacks. So I survive longer. Like the match where there was a Meepo mass spamming poof alongside kunkka torrent/boat attacks. Find it more useful than hood/pipe in said instance. I pick up Blademail when they have a lot of right clickers.

Only once have I been able to get a utility item; shiva's. Usually someone else on my team picked up the other utility/aura items. (Mech, AC, etc)

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 12, 2014 3:07am | Report
Zerosaviour wrote:

I usually go BKB when they have heavy magic attacks. So I survive longer. Like the match where there was a Meepo mass spamming poof alongside kunkka torrent/boat attacks. Find it more useful than hood/pipe in said instance.

The main point of getting Pipe of Insight is to protect your entire Team from Magical and especially Universal Damage, not to save your own hide. A Casual Cloak is enough for Centaur himself. If you're the only one eating these Nukes and your Team can follow up immediately afterwards then you should by all rights win the game ez...although, dose Pub Players ._.

Also, I'd rather get a Linken's Sphere against Kunkka, without X Marks the Spot, you just have to predict the Torrents and he'll only ever land Boats on the n00bs and those unfortunate enough to be Stunned repeatedly.
Zerosaviour wrote:

I pick up Blademail when they have a lot of right clickers.

Considering it doesn't go through Magic Immunity, and that most competent Carries will pick up a Black King Bar, it's probably better against Burst Nukes than Right-Clicks...but then again...Pubs...
Zerosaviour wrote:

Only once have I been able to get a utility item; shiva's. Usually someone else on my team picked up the other utility/aura items. (Mech, AC, etc)

Shiva's Guard, Vladmir's Offering, Pipe of Insight, Assault Cuirass, Scythe of Vyse, Linken's Sphere, etc.

There's always a Utility Item you can be building, even if all the Auras are taken. There's no such thing as too many Sheepsticks. <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 12, 2014 3:14am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Blademail isnt core. Honestly the item can be very underwhelming and i would only get it as a specific counter.
You cant say IM GOING FOR HEART RUSH THIS GAME. You should always adapt to the situation. Very often force staff/pipe/shivas/exetera are much better.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » May 12, 2014 4:21am | Report
For serious matchmaking? A Mekansm should be considered. It is considered a core in the professional scene aside from Blink Dagger.

Of course, this depends on whether you already have a better mek carrier like Abbadon, but it gives much more to your team. And it gives you more reasons to roam around and net kills for your team.

Black King Bar works, but it's not like you have a channeling ability or you're able to dish out serious physical damage through your autoattacks, so it's probably not necessary. At least for cent, Blademail is better. In fact, Pipe of Insight, Reaver, Rod of Atos are just a bit of the stuff you can get for similar/lower prices and would be better.
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » May 12, 2014 4:44am | Report
As said above, it's basically Tranquil Boots, Blink Dagger and then utility items. One of my favourite items on him is the Heaven's Halberd because of the extra damage and evasion, but I mostly pick up Blade Mail, Mekansm, Vladmir's Offering, Pipe of Insight, Black King Bar and, in the late game, Assault Cuirass and Shiva's Guard; rarely a Heart.

Oh, I also buy a casual Cloak after the Dagger most of the time, it mitigates a good amount of damage from the Double Edge.

The skill build is pretty straight forward: one point in Return, one in Hoof Stomp (or vice versa) and then max Double Edge, Hoof Stomp and Return in this order, taking the ultimate at the standard levels.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » May 12, 2014 5:38pm | Report
I'd just like to add that a heart imo is practically a must when you hit around lvl 20+ simply because you need the regen to keep your massive health bar full.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved