Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86b is here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.86b is here 93 posts - page 6 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 25, 2015 3:12am | Report
Urn doesn't work, you need something bigger I'm afraid:

E.g.

Force Staff
Eul's Scepter of Divinity
Diffusal Blade
Heaven's Halberd
Rod of Atos
Orchid Malevolence
Scythe of Vyse
Abyssal Blade

etc

Not all suitable really, or very expensive just to burst the sphere.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » December 25, 2015 5:29am | Report
This just comes to me from reading the list...
Doesn't Rod of Atos fit Doom really well?

I mean, other than for popping the sphere, obviously, atos just compliments the hero really well now.

Especially gotten as first item, this item can probably serve as AMAZING ganking/chasing item not unlike Blink Dagger for this guy. The slow combined with Scorched Earth will be really potent, not to mention the capability to land several hits with Infernal Blade.

The stats are also REALLY good on him, adding survivavility and considering the MP cost of Infernal Blade (40 every 4 sec on this hero is hellish), the MP gain would be much needed to spam that skill.

And all that only for 3100 gold! Also, the acc increase from that item might be able to serve as mini-break for evasion based heroes? Considering that now Doom only breaks once he gets Aghanim's Scepter, don't you think atos might be an amazing alternative?

And well... all that only for 12 seconds cd, even shorter than linken's cd
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 25, 2015 5:45am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

Especially gotten as first item, this item can probably serve as AMAZING ganking/chasing item not unlike Blink Dagger for this guy. The slow combined with Scorched Earth will be really potent, not to mention the capability to land several hits with Infernal Blade.

Nowhere near...

You can Blink while Smoked to ensure they never see you coming, you can Blink after them if one fo their allies Force Staffs them. Between Phase Boots and Scorched Earth, you can easily catch up to most Heroes every 4 seconds for Infernal Blade. If, for whatever reason, you can simple walk up to them and Doom them, it's better to have the Blink Dagger to escape any Counter-Initiation or reengage on a 2nd target if possible.

It might work well as a 2nd Item, but I'd rather use a Shiva's Guard to keep on top of Heores if I find Blink Dagger isn't enough. Building a Rod of Ados doesn't give you Armour, and that's what Doom lacks and excels with. Give him 40+ Armour and he becomes much harder to deal with.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 25, 2015 6:14am | Report
You need not waste money for breaking Linken's Sphere. Devour is still a thing you know.

Satyr Purge
Satyr Mana Burn
Harpy Chain Lightning
Dark Troll Ensnare
Golem rock

All of them has the same cast time. Their cast range isn't bad either, with Harpy Chain Lightning being pretty far. And, besides golem (and maybe Dark Troll Ensnare), all of them hit instantly (besides lightning which I believe you can disjoint the same way like Finger of Death, but I digress). So, no, even though you may have to sacrifice packleader's aura, you can break linkens without buying items.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 25, 2015 6:24am | Report
I would really miss the Wolf aura but I see where you are coming from. This sounds like a good idea.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 25, 2015 6:25am | Report
^That's actually pretty legit. Especially if u treat him like a walking ult.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 25, 2015 8:19am | Report
but then core doom is no longer a thing?

Support doom new meta?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 25, 2015 8:30am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

but then core doom is no longer a thing?

Support doom new meta?

inb4 roaming position #5 doom with Boots of Speed + Orb of Venom and the satyr purge ability

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 25, 2015 8:56am | Report
that would be great. And pretty annoying :P

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » December 25, 2015 10:36am | Report
Has anyone actually ever tried Aether Lense on Doom? The mana and castrange to devoured skills and doom seem legit.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved