Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86b is here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.86b is here 93 posts - page 7 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 25, 2015 10:48am | Report
porygon361 wrote:

inb4 roaming position #5 doom with Boots of Speed + Orb of Venom and the satyr purge ability

Why get Purge? Grab an Alpha Wolf, pick up Scorched Earth and run people down with a crit. It was kinda a thing in the Chinese pro scene in 6.85. Not very effective, but it was a thing.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 25, 2015 11:05am | Report
^Well now it comes down to what you conisider to be effective.
I mean if you need a roamer who can easily get money and disable an enemy for 15 seconds then grab Doom.
If not then just stick with Ogre Magi.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 25, 2015 11:52am | Report
Doom is still a core, but I'd say very much an offlaner now, his worse BAT killed his pretty slow *** jungling completely I'd say. Maybe if you have a horrific trilane against you and enough money for the new Talon thing.

Wouldn't work as a support, low lane presence, terrible mana, bad early ganking skills, level dependent etc.

I like the point about Devour abilities, just need to find the ones that will pop it, but alpha wolf aura is quite a lot to give up later. I'd suggest if they grab an early linken's to try and counter you, you pick up a new ability. Save some cash up, get a counter item, and then get the wolf aura for late game.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 25, 2015 2:58pm | Report
Well that depends on the team doesn't it?
I mean the aura stacks on base damage right?
So if we have heroes that build a lot of stats or Tiny or Terrorblade it is a no-brainer but if our team consists of Phantom Assassin, Windranger and the likes then it can be ignored can't it?

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 25, 2015 3:15pm | Report
Yeah, but then you'd want like Hoof Stomp from the big Centaur for the intitation or disable, or one of the new magic resistance ones to help push highground.

Or the Hill Troll for the ensare and summons. Actually there's a point, the ensare is probably the best to have since it's a disable in and of itself.

Admittedly, the Alpha aura is still really good when you don't have massive stat heavy heroes.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 25, 2015 3:37pm | Report
Well we will have to bite the bullet either way but I think Ensnare is really one of the best overall options if your doom target got a linken's and you need a disable.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 25, 2015 10:36pm | Report
I agree. Especially because one would get free summons for pushing.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 26, 2015 12:05am | Report
Those free summons are a joke tho and deal no damage.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 26, 2015 4:57am | Report
Are they? Any idea how much HP they have? I mean are they even worse than a meele creep?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 26, 2015 5:22am | Report
Way worse, they fall in 3 hits and barely scratch heroes, let alone buildings.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved