Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86b is here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.86b is here 93 posts - page 5 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KrDotoBestDoto » December 24, 2015 3:22am | Report
I don't think maxing exort early is a viable build without euls. You need some kind of setup for your spells to land and without the points in wex for Tornado euls is the best option.
You could also go for Atos to have better survivability and chase/escape, but Atos is a very unreliable setup. You'll probably need at least 1 more stun or slow from teammates to hit spells.

I don't play too much exort invoker, but my friend does and he just goes for heavy rightclick builds with forgespirit push. No Aghs untill at least 1 damage item is done and often delays Aghs further for earlier BoTs.
Even then he goes for 5-7 points in wex before having exort maxed to be able to land all spells.

KrDotoBestDoto

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 24, 2015 7:30am | Report
The Frosto wrote:

I have a question about Invoker I just recently started to play the hero properly and at this moment I will max exort get 1 level in wex and 4 in quas than I will max my wex. I keep 1 level in invoke untill my aghs is almost finished than I will start getting levels in invoke. When my aghs is finished I have mostly 4-3( or 2)-7-4. I always have the feeling that my transision from early game to midgame is pretty weak because getting kills with Cold Snap, Alacrity is pretty hard at that moment and getting kills with meteor, d-blast, sunstrike combo is also hard because I almost never get euls.

My items are mostly Phase Boots Blink Dagger than I start getting aghs. I mostly get good levels because I can farm fast with alacrity and forge spirit's but getting kills on a proper way is really hard. When I hit level 17 and 18 I can do good combo's with Tornado EMP Chaos Meteor Ice Wall Deafening Blast. Int he late game i'm gucci with Invoker but I don't know how to be really usefull during the midgame.

Hi Frosto.

Actually, if you get Aghanim's Scepter, you won't need 4 points in Quas and Exort, only 3 to get your double forged spirits. :D

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » December 24, 2015 8:48am | Report
Ty for you advice, I will keep it in mind when I play him again.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 24, 2015 2:27pm | Report
Confirmed Doom better than old Doom. I think new skill is way better. Only downside is I cant decide whther to take more levels in SE or it first.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 24, 2015 2:32pm | Report
but Linken's Sphere...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 24, 2015 3:19pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Its up every 4 seconds with 4 levels. 4 seconds. You can fit in 3 of them after it pops. So blink in, use it to pop Linkens, then Doom and whick them with it more.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 24, 2015 3:44pm | Report
it doesn't pop linkens tho

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » December 24, 2015 11:31pm | Report
inb4 doom force staff Kappa

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » December 25, 2015 1:32am | Report
How about building an Urn of Shadows on Doom to pop the sphere??

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 25, 2015 3:10am | Report
That... actually sounds pretty decent, since he's the kind of Hero that's in the middle of fights to get Urn charges. It does take up one of his precious slots, though...
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved