Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86b is here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.86b is here 93 posts - page 3 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 22, 2015 11:55pm | Report
I think that an Exort-focused Invoker is the best at the moment, actually. 1 in Wex at level 2 for Alacrity and the free lane win, and put a point in Quas (up to 3) whenever you can't skill Exort. Then, get Force/Blink/Aether Lens into Agh's so you have the level 4 Quas breakpoint for double Forge Spirits. Focus on both spells and right-clicks to dominate mid and lategame with a high level Alacrity and maybe a Maelstrom or Monkey King Bar.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » December 23, 2015 12:31am | Report
Pugna with Aether Lens is really funny and effective.
Because you increase the cast range on Nether Ward. This means you can actually hide it in the trees where no one can find it. It doesn't boost the ward's damage, but that's fine. Also, 900 range active ghost scepter is fun too.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 23, 2015 5:35am | Report
Yeah, I think Invoker's go QW with an early point in E so that you can have Alacrity for the lane. No idea about the item build, but you can probably go for something like Desolator now given the attack speed steroid you get.

That's the build I have seen most frequently in competitive Invoker's since the change, but the patch is new so everythings up in the air in those regards.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 23, 2015 5:41am | Report
Actually Alacrity benefits Q-W invoker far more than it benefits Q-E. Agree with Sanvitch's build, it actually turned QW invoker from the worst laning hero ever to a lane dominator.

QE invoker on the other hand has always had good laning with spirits.

QW invoker is damage items + BKB. Any damage item works. I also like the straight up Moon Shard to proc Cold Snap.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 23, 2015 7:56am | Report
Skill build wise, I've been going 3-1-3 into 3-7-3 for the attack speed and Forge Spirits. But I don't really think that's optimal, just haven't discovered a better one yet.

Item wise... Still Phase > Urn > Agh's > Deso?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 23, 2015 9:36am | Report
You can probably rush BoT's on any Invoker now; QW used to pick up Phase Boots just to mitigate the poor base damage, but Alacrity being so good now means it actually doesn't need them anymore. Like you can beat a Viper 1v1 with just Alacrity, you don't need boots just for damage.

Either just sticking on brown boots, or going BoT rush just sounds better now.

Item-wise; Urn of Shadows is still probably a great item if you plan on rotating a lot, if not you can maybe get away with like Bracer into Desolator. Picking up Deso after Ag's means it's waaaaay too late to matter. You might as well build MKB or something at that stage. You want to abuse the relative strength of your team fight and get towers early with that build. You won't need to cooldown reduction or the spell increase so soon.

Especially since you'll probably be forced into BKB after your first big item in a lot of games.

As for starting items, I love Null Talisman and 2 Faere Fire, since you don't need much regen due to Quas, and the burst heal is so so good.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 23, 2015 10:19am | Report
Agh's is still really good tho... 3 free levels? I mean...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 23, 2015 10:38am | Report
I'm not denying that the item is good. It's just why would you delay picking up an item that has a noticable timing window for a late game item? Deso, despite being cheaper, is still an item that drops off post like 30-40 minutes, and thus picking it up earlier matters more.

The 3 free levels really matters in the late game, when your scaling is most important, and when you have high enough levels of Invoker to use a large number of spells in the long dragging late game team0fights.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » December 23, 2015 11:08am | Report
Hm... I see your reasoning, though it doesn't convince me 100%.

To me, the 3 free levels matter more in the early stages, allowing you to get access to 2 Forge Spirits faster while maxing Wex.

Perhaps we are speaking of different skill builds?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 23, 2015 12:08pm | Report
Probably; I still think that QW with the single point in E at level one is the best Invoker build; You bring more to fights early on, and you get more out of Alacrity in lane due to faster attack speed, and lower initial base damage.

The issue with the old QE build is that Cold Snap is simply awful in lane, and you have basically no reliable kill potential. Whereas this new build can always threaten with Alacrity into Cold Snap with Tornado as a finisher. Plus, your ability to survive ganks is lower because you can't invoke Ghost Walk or punish with Tornado or EMP.

Not to mention, QE is in part an Invoker build designed to win his lane, but QW now has one of the stronger lanes right now, he has like 70 damage for last hitting, decent kill potential, great disengage for ganks, and great attack speed so he harasses really well.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved