Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.86b is here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.86b is here 93 posts - page 10 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 28, 2015 2:33pm | Report
Yes. It does. It checks for target death, so even if it expires it's still considered as a death by track.

Fckin bugged game. The clone shouldn't be trackable in the first place.

(otherwise yes you're right, necrobooks are great for farming jungle since the clone can spam them)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 28, 2015 3:38pm | Report
I guess countering Arc Warden has to be focused on trashing him in lane. Which is harder than it sounds.

Either trashing him in lane, or going for timed pushes before he's really up and fighting. Like most heroes who have a specific timing window.

Catching the rat works I guess, but after a certain point of time AW is significantly less risky than the others. He doesn't have to be near a creep wave once he's 16 with Octarine Core.

Weird hero. Weird, weird hero.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 29, 2015 12:38am | Report
Sanvitch wrote:

I guess countering Arc Warden has to be focused on trashing him in lane. Which is harder than it sounds.

Templar Assassin is probably the best bet, since she can get every single deny and prevent him from getting XP and early farm which is the most reliable way to shut him down : delaying his midas. She can get MKB first item after blink. And later in the game armor reduction can 3-shot him easily.
Also TA is one of the best necrobook killers in the game with Refraction.

Shadow Fiend also, for the same reason : AW has no way to contest SF early with his pitiful base damage and once SF gets souls the lane gets easy pretty fast.

Probably the closest you'll get to a counter I think. But then you can just safe lane your AW, or support, or whatever. So right now I see no reason to NOT first pick AW if you know how to play him.

Sanvitch wrote:

going for timed pushes before he's really up and fighting.

Yes, but you're playing a pub, and pubs can't push effectively, and definitely can't high ground effectively, so that's just not happening :)
Besides Magnetic Field is a free double glyph. So it's not that easy to push into him.

Sanvitch wrote:

Catching the rat works I guess, but after a certain point of time AW is significantly less risky than the others. He doesn't have to be near a creep wave once he's 16 with Octarine Core.

Weird hero. Weird, weird hero.

That's why right now he feels like a Naga without the downsides of Naga.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved