Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.84 Meta predictions

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.84 Meta predictions 34 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 26, 2015 1:04pm | Report
so some stuffs i hope/think (mostly hope) see done.

[*] NEW HERO PLAES? pit lord has been in the files for over a year now.
[*] comeback gold removed/nerfed?!!!??
[*] terrorblade buffed, he was never OP in captains mode and was stupidly overnerfed in 6.82c as well as illusion damage to towers.
[*] troll axes misschance nerfed/changed along with some other nerfs so he no longer does a million damage without any damage item.
[*] ALCHEMIST RESTORED TO FORMER GLORY WITH SOME NERF REVERTS?
[*] bounty hunter slight skill rework? shuriken is the most boring spell ever and the bounces was just a stupid desperation buff.
[*] enchantress enchant duration/cooldown buff to be on par with chen again?
[*] axe slight laning nerf.
[*] slight earthshaker nerf, when a support becomes a popular offlaner even though he isnt designed as one something is a bit too strong.
[*] juggernaut crit nerf and bladefury change so it lasts shorter at level 1. that stat build is so stupid.....
[*] legion MoC buff since it was overnerfed.
[*] elder titan laning buff? he became really boring to lane with since the (some deserved] nerfs, now you cant really outplay your opponents unless they misplay.
[*] lion manacost nerf maybe? not sure but he needs to be nerfed in some way.
[*] venge nerf, WHATEVER THAT HAPPENS PLEASE BRING HP REMOVAL BACK HP REMOVAL SO IT DOESNT STOP CONSUMABLES. NOOBS ARENT ******ED, THEY CAN READ THE COMBINATION OF HEALTH AND REMOVAL.
[*] morphling strength stun nerf cause its kinda stupid......
[*] FINALLY OUTHOUSE DECORATOR ULTIMATE CD BUFF?
[*] plz make PL charge less ******ed, make it toggleable?
[*] make dendi play pudge. +1 ARMOR???!1//11/????!?!?1//1???
[*] pugna buff????? no idea how....
[*] revert stupid riki MS and base damage changes.
[*] no nerfs to slark, you kids whine to much. (nobody is reading this right?)
[*] + RANGE TO SILENCER, MAKE HIM A MORE PROPER CARRY. its so obvious icefrog wants him to be one looking at the other buffs he has gotten.
[*] SHADOW FIEND NERF. mana nerf? slight strength nerf? the guy is so OP now.
[*] sniper shrapnel nerfs, i dont see him get other nerfs besides that and he doesnt need that since the OP part of him is all HOO HOO, HAA HAA.
[*] TIMBERSAW OFFLANE BUFFS. he cant offlane at all now and is useless against BKB, PLAES BUFF HP/ESCAPES.
[*] tusk receives more swag and will finally be viable. (one can only hope :_;)
[*] URSA SCALING BUFFS!!!!!!

Hamstertamer wrote:

What are the buffs that made SF overpowered? Other than an insignificant change on Necromastery and +25 damage on Shadowraze that is essentially only relevant when SF is level 2 to get the first few souls...shadow friend is still the same shadow friend as he ever was.

Storm got his ult's mana cost reduced by 30% which means he now has 42% more mobility than he used to, his only counter which is deathball strats got nerfed to the ground AND he now saves 1000 gold on his item build with the Soul Ring into Bloodstone. He got some ABSURD buffs, both direct and indirect, which is especially broken considering the "unfair snowball" nature of the hero.

what were the buffs that made troll OP?
he got a good buff back in 6.80 but thats really it.
such an arugument is really not valid.

people discover heroes and builds that are really good, lycan was suddenly discovered by vici and had a ridiculous winrate.

i see storm getting an armor nerf and something to nerf the max overload build cause its kinda stupid that he can skip overload.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 26, 2015 1:23pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

so some stuffs i hope/think (mostly hope) see done.

[*] NEW HERO PLAES? pit lord has been in the files for over a year now. He's probably going to suck in non-organized pubs anyways, he's the Dire Wisp after all. It'll only get interesting when he's in CM and that's just not happening.

[*] terrorblade buffed, he was never OP in captains mode and was stupidly overnerfed in 6.82c as well as illusion damage to towers. Illusion damage to towers was a necessary change, however he definitely needs his illusion damage taken nerfed reverted. You can't have both a squishy hero and 425% damage taken on illus. EE feeding with TB is just too sad these days :)

[*] enchantress enchant duration/cooldown buff to be on par with chen again? Chen treatment please. Increase Enchant duration IMO is the best, 80 secs is way too short. And buff her Untouchable passive to a value point.

[*] axe slight laning nerf. Remove that ******** value point on hunger for the movement speed slow. It's just broken.

[*] slight earthshaker nerf, when a support becomes a popular offlaner even though he isnt designed as one something is a bit too strong. Level 1 Fissure is OP. Make it scale or at least cost more mana.

[*] lion manacost nerf maybe? not sure but he needs to be nerfed in some way. Again, **** those value points especially on Hex. And Earth Spike range is a bit too long too so it needs to at least scale with levels.

[*] FINALLY OUTHOUSE DECORATOR ULTIMATE CD BUFF? Make his Aghs do that. His Aghs is still a bit weak.

[*] make dendi play pudge. +1 ARMOR???!1//11/????!?!?1//1??? One more buff and support/roaming Pudge is OP. Whatever you do the hero won't ever be viable as a mid, especially in the "you can"t push" meta.

[*] revert stupid riki MS and base damage changes. They're needed otherwise you can simply roam at level 1 with him and it's imbalanced. Buff Riki in an other way, why not, like make him less level dependent.

[*] no nerfs to slark, you kids whine to much. (nobody is reading this right?) His first blood potential needs to be ZERO, so no 3.5 second hard lockdown at level 1. And he shouldn't see wards because that's just ******ed. Hero is fine otherwise.

[*] + RANGE TO SILENCER, MAKE HIM A MORE PROPER CARRY. its so obvious icefrog wants him to be one looking at the other buffs he has gotten. SLAHSER'S WAY!! But yes more carry/scaling solo mid, less overnerfed walking double ult. And make his Aghs actually do something, right now it's useless.

[*] tusk receives more swag and will finally be viable. (one can only hope :_;) His scaling is absolutely horrendous. It's such a huge turnoff when skilling your ult to level 2 or level 3 does literally nothing. Make level 3 punch summon an army of puppies or someting ;)

Timminatorr wrote:

what were the buffs that made troll OP?
he got a good buff back in 6.80 but thats really it.
such an arugument is really not valid.

No, actually, that's exactly my point. People used to build Sange and Yasha, Blink Dagger, Shadow Blade and stuff on Troll 3 years ago! Just look up videos.

What made him OP is 6.83. Literally the one free Fervor stack changes EVERYTHING. He used to take ages to build up those stacks. Now Fervor is literally a HARD +136 ATTACK SPEED BONUS. And especially when you stack this with the value point buff from 6.80, that's broken as ****.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Krwiozerca » April 26, 2015 1:32pm | Report
Say whatever you want, but I smell Invoker buffs.

Krwiozerca

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (34)
Steam: Krwiozerca
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » April 26, 2015 1:47pm | Report
Krwiozerca wrote:

Say whatever you want, but I smell Invoker buffs.

I feel Invoker buffs.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 26, 2015 3:43pm | Report
Nerf-target alphas:

Troll Warlord.

- Fervor rescaled to 11/18/25/32
- Berserker's Rage bonus HP rescaled to 25/50/75/100
- Whirling Axes (Melee) miss chance resaled to 30/40/50/60%
- Battle Trance rescaled to 100 mana, cd 45 seconds, duration 5/6/7.

Basically a series of small nerfs (all of this may actually be too much) that reduce his early power somewhat and force you into more difficult choices around "value" points.

Storm Spirit.

- Overload now has a 2 second cooldown between uses.
- Ball Lightning cost reduced to 15 +6% of mana pool. Every instance of use past once within a 10 second period increases the cooldown by 1 second (active from when the instance ends). E.g. first jump can be instantly followed by another, but three uses after that will have a 1/2/3 second cooldown between them.

Numbers may need tweaking, but I'd like some more interesting changes than just nerfs. He's annoying because he can become instantly invincible if he has mana, gets a lot of extra damage from tiny darts, and can get away easily if not silenced or stunned instantly. This is actually a statistical boost, but he can't just rely on it now. Will require more skill/strategic use, and bigger balls.

Axe

- Battle Hunger movement boost rescaled to 3/6/9/12%
- Berserker's Call duration rescaled to 2.2/2.4/2.6/2.8 seconds, cooldown increased to 20 seconds.

Sniper

- Hero is remade to become less spammy and boring.

Little changes:

Lion's Hex rescaled to 2/3/4/5 seconds duration. Mana cost rescaled to 120/160/200/240.

Morphling maximum stun time reduced to 3 seconds, damage increased slightly to compensate.

Slark leash time rescaled to 2/2.5/3/3.5 seconds.

Need some buffing:

Pugna's Nether Blast damage to enemy units increased, damage to structures remains the same. Strength gain increase to 1.2 per level.

Leshrac's Split Earth cast time decreased by 50%, radius increased to 200/210/220/230. Mana cost rescaled to 120/130/140/150.

Tusk's Ice Shards damage rescaled to 100/160/220/280. Walrus Punch can now be toggled to maximise damage OR stun time. Both pierce magic immunity. Maximum damage is 350%/1, Maximum stun is 100%/3 seconds. Any enemy unit within 200 radius of the falling unit is stunned for half the time. He's actually an initiator now!?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » April 26, 2015 5:26pm | Report
i really want to start playing Invoker. But he's just too weak to be played in the current meta. the cold snap nerf hit him too hard (even though he deals more damage in the later levels now, its the low levels that count )

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 26, 2015 5:30pm | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

the cold snap nerf hit him too hard

Yep. Forge Spirit/ Cold Snap kind of sucks now, it got nerfed way too hard.

I'm thinking about trying out an Ice Wall based ganking Invoker. Wall is absolutely awesome and underrated as hell, especially as a setup to stuff like EMP if you initiate with Ghost Walk.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » April 26, 2015 5:49pm | Report
Does a ganking Invoker need that? Since, well you can already run around ganking with Ghost Walk, Cold Snap and an Orchid. Which doesn't require you to dilute your skill build heavily early. Unless you mean like, 1 early value point of Exort, and then still Quas/ Wex.

But yeah, I'd love to see a buff to Quas/ Exort Invoker. I miss it.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pocciox » April 27, 2015 6:34pm | Report
Why should huskar and invoker get buffed?
By the way I think that earthshaker doesn't need a fissure nerf because it's his signature spell at the beginning of the game. Also, its mana cost is already really high

Pocciox

Notable (2)
Steam: Pocciox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » April 28, 2015 12:18am | Report
Pocciox wrote:

Why should huskar and invoker get buffed?
By the way I think that earthshaker doesn't need a fissure nerf because it's his signature spell at the beginning of the game. Also, its mana cost is already really high

Recent nerfs to Invokers Cold Snap/spirit Combo hurt his QE build. Also he is really squishy and pretty bad in the early game since his spells dont have a whole lot of levels.

I don't agree with Husk buff, honestly he pretty balanced. Flaming Spears is a crazy amount of DPS in the early game,a nd in late game being bale to take out 35% of a heroes hp (especially heroes like Pudge) is insane. Hsi heal is also great. All of his skill are good but not to the point of being overpowered.
Mood of the Day

^_^

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved