Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.81, Your Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.81, Your Thoughts 63 posts - page 1 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by BKvoiceover » April 25, 2014 11:48pm | Report
Lots of interesting things in this patch as well as a lot of bugs fixed, the patch also seems to show a lot of support for supports. Here are a few of the hero highlights for me.

- Keeper of the Light now has an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade which grants him a permanent Spirit Form as well aas granting unobstructed vision during the day. Illuminate also heals friendlies for 75% of the damage.
- Lich's Aghanim's Scepter upgrade now removes the bounce limit on Chain Frost basically making it like Fade Bolt. Frost Armor can also now be used on buildings making him a better counter pusher.
- Lots of hatred for BKB users. Laguna Blade now goes through magic immunity with Aghnaim's Scepter. Requiem of Souls secondary debuff now affects magic immune units. Bloodrage cannot be dispelled by magic immunity as well.
- Split Shot was reworked as it now does 80% damage at all levels but instead increases the amount of maximum targets with each level. It scales 2/3/4/5.
- Darkness now effects the vision of buildings.
- Razor got a nice strength increase from 1.7 to 2.3.
- Shadow Demon recieves an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade which replaces Demonic Purge's cooldown with two charges having a 40 second replenish time. So basically double purge.
- Silencer recieves an insane agility gain from 2.1 to 3.0.
- Enigma had Midnight Pulse's radius increased from 400 to 600. This basically covers up the entire mid high ground which gives Enigma a better counter pushing ability.
- Terrorblade's strength gain has been reduced from 1.9 to 1.4 so 435 hp at level 1. I think we all saw this one coming. Reflection's slow duration has been reworked from 5 seconds to 2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5.
- Snowball was reworked into a two part ability. The first creates the snowball and the sub-ability launches the snowball in which you have 4 seconds to launch the snowball. The more allies in the snowball increases the snowball's speed and damage.
- Tombstone zombies no longer give gold or exp.
- When Vengeful Spirit dies her killer and all enemies in a 900 radius recieves a negative form of her Vengeance Aura until she is revived.

So what do you guys think of some of these changes and reworks? I am supportive of about half of the changes and unsure of the other half.

See you on the battlefield,

-BK

BKvoiceover

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: BKvoiceoverGames
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » April 25, 2014 11:59pm | Report
I remember someone suggesting the exact Split Shot change here in dotafire :O

Icefrog, if thou art reading this, make thyself known!

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 26, 2014 12:15am | Report
BKvoiceover wrote:

- Keeper of the Light now has an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade which grants him a permanent Spirit Form as well aas granting unobstructed vision during the day. Illuminate also heals friendlies for 75% of the damage.

It's a nice Buff, but not much use in Competetive unless he finds a fast way to Farm his Scepter
BKvoiceover wrote:

- Lich's Aghanim's Scepter upgrade now removes the bounce limit on Chain Frost basically making it like Fade Bolt. Frost Armor can also now be used on buildings making him a better counter pusher.
- Lots of hatred for BKB users. Laguna Blade now goes through magic immunity with Aghnaim's Scepter. Requiem of Souls secondary debuff now affects magic immune units.

These are probably the more important ones. Lich's power as a Counter Initiator in the Late Game just went up and Lina no longer has to hide in the back, waiting for BKBs to come off Cooldown <}3 ...also Shadow Fiend (bloodcyka still isn't important)
BKvoiceover wrote:

- Darkness now effects the vision of buildings.

Even Towers aren't a safe hiding spot during First Night anymore.
BKvoiceover wrote:

- Razor got a nice strength increase from 1.7 to 2.3.
- Silencer recieves an insane agility gain from 2.1 to 3.0.

Hopefully, we'll see these 2 more in Competetive play (well, Razor is still fairly popular in Britain at least <}3 )
BKvoiceover wrote:

- Shadow Demon recieves an Aghanim's Scepter upgrade which replaces Demonic Purge's cooldown with two charges having a 40 second replenish time. So basically double purge.

Do the charges recharge simultaneously, or do you have to charge the first charge before you can charge the second charge for full charges?
BKvoiceover wrote:

- When Vengeful Spirit dies her killer and all enemies in a 900 radius recieves a negative form of her Vengeance Aura until she is revived.

Vengeful Spirit First Round Bans incoming?

Also...
Quoted:

Phantom Assassin
Stifling Dagger cooldown reduced from 8 to 6
Blur evasion chance increased from 20/25/30/40 to 20/30/40/50

Think it's time for PA to make an appearance in Pr0 Doto yet?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » April 26, 2014 12:33am | Report
I think the gyro change will make him a litttle more popular as a support and the omniknight buff is kind big as well (repel doesnt purge friendly buffs like guardian angel). Venge might see some more pickup to swap a friendly hero out and then die to apply the debuff.

Sad ember didnt get nerfed that hard.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » April 26, 2014 1:02am | Report
Is no one really going to talk about Legion Commander and Tusk yet
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » April 26, 2014 1:03am | Report
Ursa's buff, oh my God. I hope players will start going Phase Boots --> Blink Dagger --> Desolator.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 26, 2014 1:07am | Report

Ursa's buff, oh my God. I hope players will start going Phase Boots --> Blink Dagger --> Desolator.

I promise to do that! <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Seagull » April 26, 2014 1:35am | Report
That Vengeful Spirit buff sounds really OP :P

Seagull

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (9)
Steam: HAEÆ
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » April 26, 2014 2:58am | Report
I'm almost disappointed they nerfed Terrorblade. But the change to Reflection was definitely needed, it's way too good in its current state. The strength nerf is acceptable but it's not going to make me happy.

Lich's Chain Frost has no bounce limit... welcome to a new era of pubstomping.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » April 26, 2014 3:00am | Report
Searing Chains duration reduced from 2/2/3/3 to 1/2/2/3
Sleight of Fist bonus damage reduced from 30/60/90/120 to 20/40/60/80

OH MEIN GOD VOLVO Y U DO DIS

Still better than I thought, just need to max Q instead of 3 points, no big deal.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved