Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.81, Your Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.81, Your Thoughts 63 posts - page 4 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 28, 2014 7:03am | Report
The scepter upgrades for Lina, Jakiro and Keeper of the Light are all nice, the issue will always be whether they get enough farm, but you want to at least make them pretty desirable or they'll just plump for other generic stuff.

I think this brings Lina back into the meta more - what was the point picking her when you could get Lion instead? More disables and mana sustainability vs slightly more nuking and right click damage...on a support? His scepter upgrade was also considerably better than hers (much lower cooldown, AOE) - this was necessary to make her different and viable again really.

Jakiro, his ult still isn't really that good, not unless your team has a LOT of lockdown. Anybody seen him get picked much recently? No, not me either.

Legion/ Axe changes, yes please. RNG can lead to horrible situations (attack axe, get hit with 4-5 Counter Helix in a few seconds...play Axe, get none at a vital moment). PRNG tends to average all this out.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hunter0fShadows » April 28, 2014 7:25am | Report
Allegiance wrote:

Terrorblade: what makes him OP is still OP, i don't see these nerfs have a lot of impact on his ability to be ****ing annoying all game long.

I think the Soul Keeper nerf is fine actually. The worst thing about him is that he had a 60% slow for 5 seconds that also did damage, AT LVL 1. The nerf to Reflection means that to have the same massive kill potential he has to prioritize skilling Reflection, which is generally not advisable. In addition he does not do so well against Black King Bar carries now as the slow will be removed by Black King Bar (and other magic immunity of course). Furthermore, the nerf to his strength gain is very significant as he now has one of the lowest in the game so he will be even squishier and it will probably make the building of at least one hp item early mandatory, for him to even have a chance of using Sunder effectively.

Hunter0fShadows

Steam: Edgod3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » April 28, 2014 7:58am | Report
Well enigma+lich combo.....
rage quit anyone?

shroy

Steam: ShauRya
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » April 29, 2014 4:28pm | Report
Had a chance to try a match with the 6.81 update... sadly I couldn't play Tusk because another player immediately selected him, so went to see Brewmaster, and the 10 second assured crit/dodge is very nice, useful to farm or harass in early game. And Vengeful Spirit as an enemy is now very annoying even when she's dead.

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zeth_Foherein » April 29, 2014 6:57pm | Report
I think that with this patch we can maybe see a pub-offlane lich been played, and I agre that lich enigma will be pretty annoyng but isnt that easy to do a five men blackhole.
I think that will be lot of easier to contest terrorblade now that he starts with 435hp.

Zeth_Foherein

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » April 29, 2014 7:57pm | Report
Wish they would just get rid of unique attack modifiers on heroes. Just have them on gear.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 29, 2014 7:58pm | Report
has anyone seen the Zues change? ........

now with it being point activated....

you can now de-ward for free, it serves as a dust for 1.5 seconds every 6.5 seconds and it also deals damage to nearest hero within 250 radius ....

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dythus » April 30, 2014 12:58am | Report
Sando wrote:

Jakiro, his ult still isn't really that good, not unless your team has a LOT of lockdown. Anybody seen him get picked much recently? No, not me either.

I see it more or less as massive area denial tool need a push ? send it straight up for 14 second behind the turret so creep naturally push, people trying to defend against that push will have to make their way around or take quite a beating tryin to depush a lane even ranged will be pushed to the side of the forest making them unable to counterpush effectively at 7 sec you needed to have ppl locked to make it effective at 14 sec hell just dance with the devil! and stand in that damned fire. Still I wished aghs actually made the ult spread wider and not longer :/

Dythus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dythus » April 30, 2014 1:07am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

you can now de-ward for free, it serves as a dust for 1.5 seconds every 6.5 seconds and it also deals damage to nearest hero within 250 radius ....

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!

•Lightning Bolt can now be cast on the ground, affecting theclosest enemy hero in a 250 range as far as im concerned wards aren't hero :)

Dythus

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » April 30, 2014 1:27am | Report
I think Smuggles means it like this: Zeus cast Lightning Bolt on ground which you assume there are ward nearby (this play is normally impossible since wards are not usually near any unit). This will cause the ward to be visible for 1.5 seconds with the visibility effect of Lightning Bolt, giving you 1.5 seconds to destroy it with auto attacks (obviously, it doesn't destroy the ward automatically). This is practically saving the 200 golds++ that you need to use for Sentry Ward to deward. This can also be used to deny the usefulness of Dust of Appearance, making Zeus a freaking great support now, even without any utility items.
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved