Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.81, Your Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.81, Your Thoughts 63 posts - page 2 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » April 26, 2014 3:48am | Report
Yay, so now I won't feel guilty for all the times I die as Vengeful Spirit! And the limitless ulti of Lich makes him even more awesome. They improved Jakiro, Witch Doctor and Tidehunter too. This is a good day for support players.

Also, at least they nerfed Ember a bit, hopefully I won't be oneshotted by a sleight of fist even when tower-hugging.

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » April 26, 2014 4:52am | Report
Axe Counter Helix now uses Pseudo Random chance

Huskar Burning Spears is no longer a Unique Attack Modifier

Ursa Fury Swipes is no longer a Unique Attack Modifier

Legion Commander Moment of Courage now uses Pseudo Random chance

Phantom Assassin Blur evasion chance increased from 20/25/30/40 to 20/30/40/50

Lina Aghanim's Scepter Laguna Blade damage goes through magic immunity
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 26, 2014 6:08am | Report
O god so hilarious, now you can use chain frost on ancients or mud golems and they will bounce forever, atleast untill an unfortunate soul walks past them and eats chain frost(s)?

I already saw a vid of this so hilarious XD

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hunter0fShadows » April 26, 2014 6:10am | Report
I really like the buffs to Undying. Bring back the aggro trilanes :D

Hunter0fShadows

Steam: Edgod3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Ancient Hero » April 26, 2014 12:48pm | Report
The VS buff isnt that strong unless your carrys have high base attack damage like tiny or morph since venge's aura only works with base damage. Its good, but not gamebreaking.

Ancient Hero
<Editor>

Notable (17)
Steam: smiles
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 26, 2014 3:10pm | Report
Ancient Hero wrote:

The VS buff isnt that strong unless your carrys have high base attack damage like tiny or morph since venge's aura only works with base damage. Its good, but not gamebreaking.

True, but when you think of some of the Top-Tier Carries, e.g. Doom Bringer, Luna it can be a major asset on a Support who's probably going to die anyway in the current (and hopefully new) Meta.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by R-Conqueror » April 26, 2014 4:45pm | Report
I'm really liking this update so far.
-The tusk snowball is just going to be weird, but now its an AWESOME initiation tool.

-That PA evasion. I can't even deal with it. I feel like 50 is just... too much.

-I kind of like the Medusa change in most scenarios, but lvl 1 ancient farming won't work fast enough anymore.
I got to Notable, Thanks!
Check out my carrying guide: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/alchemist-shrugged-a-carrying-guide-8022

R-Conqueror

Remarkable (24)
Steam: R-Conqueror
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 27, 2014 1:58am | Report
F.E.A.R.0 wrote:

Phantom Assassin Blur evasion chance increased from 20/25/30/40 to 20/30/40/50

R-Conqueror wrote:

-That PA evasion. I can't even deal with it. I feel like 50 is just... too much.

You guys aren't seeing the big picture here...
Quoted:

Stifling Dagger Cooldown reduced from 8 to 6

This ^ is the OP Buff. What you have to remember is that maxed out, Stifling Dagger does 180 Pure Damage which has a chance to Crit to as high as 405 Pure Damage with Coup de Grace.

180 or 225 Pure Damage at lvl 7 for 15 Mana with a 6 second Cooldown. Don't be surprised if we start seeing Phantom Assassin at TI4 with this.
R-Conqueror wrote:

-I kind of like the Medusa change in most scenarios, but lvl 1 ancient farming won't work fast enough anymore.

So in other words, it's a completely flawless Buff 8{3

I'm sure everyone's seen a lvl1 Ancient Farming Medusa, and either been frustrated (because it was on their Team), or had fun (because they're easy prey and you made an epic Clockwerk Rocket Flare Snipe on them <}3 )

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 27, 2014 2:19am | Report
Overall I think a lot of good changes, very few that I disagree with. Lots of little buffs to the less used supports and carries, and the little nerf to ember to stop him being picked quite so much. VS, Omni and Lich seem to have done particularly well. I really like the Frost Armour for towers, makes him much less of a liability against pushers.

Personally like the sound of the KOTL Scepter upgrade. Sometimes you do get quite a lot of farm on him if you end up under siege or doing a lot of anti-push, and it'll be really nice to have a bit more teamfight impact and be able to summon badly positioned/recently killed allies without having to waste your ult.

Especially like the buffs to Huskar and Ursa - lifestealing Burning Spears and Desolator Fury Swipes improves both of them, but in a way that requires them to get more farm. I wonder if we'll see Mjollnir care bears?

Big buffs to Razor and Silencer making them stronger carries with a more defined role. Can also see Bloodseeker starting to squeeze in versus magic immune heroes - he now has two abilities that can go through it. Probably still not enough to get him back in the meta tho.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 27, 2014 3:13am | Report
The big idea with Bloodseeker and Bloodrage is that now he can use it himself safely with BKB. Why would you Bloodrage the enemy hard carry late game anyway? That's just dumb. You use it on your own allies on yourself.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved