Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.81, Your Thoughts

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.81, Your Thoughts 63 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 30, 2014 1:48am | Report
^^^^^ what he said ... you gain True Sight of the surrounding area

true sight range is increased to 900 ... and it reveals for 1.5 seconds... now think of it this way ...

a huge part of the meta is lane equilibrium... being able to control your lane creep line sometimes mean the difference between winning ur lane and losing it ....

one way to control this is to pull and double pull. the way the enemy controls this is to ward your pull camp so you have your support counter ward ... thus you ward the pull camp in unconventional places so they will buy 2 set on sentries to find your ward .... early game 400 gold is HUGE ... now imagine you have an ability that every 6 seconds you can throw it on the ground and it gain true sight of 900 radius ....

slam* oh no wards here ... wait 6 seconds ... slam* oh there it is .... place sentry .. de ward .... you now control the lane .. add into that spammable damage spells that can farm the jungle or harass the offlaner and you now have a good lane support ....

now to take it even further .... offlane bounty hunter? ... pick zues and ss and a nice hard carry ...

Slam* reveal bounty ... ss shackles ... dead bounty ...gg

this ... is a MASSIVE CHANGE

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » April 30, 2014 3:06am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

^^^^^ what he said ... you gain True Sight of the surrounding area

true sight range is increased to 900 ... and it reveals for 1.5 seconds... now think of it this way ...

a huge part of the meta is lane equilibrium... being able to control your lane creep line sometimes mean the difference between winning ur lane and losing it ....

one way to control this is to pull and double pull. the way the enemy controls this is to ward your pull camp so you have your support counter ward ... thus you ward the pull camp in unconventional places so they will buy 2 set on sentries to find your ward .... early game 400 gold is HUGE ... now imagine you have an ability that every 6 seconds you can throw it on the ground and it gain true sight of 900 radius ....

slam* oh no wards here ... wait 6 seconds ... slam* oh there it is .... place sentry .. de ward .... you now control the lane .. add into that spammable damage spells that can farm the jungle or harass the offlaner and you now have a good lane support ....

now to take it even further .... offlane bounty hunter? ... pick zues and ss and a nice hard carry ...

Slam* reveal bounty ... ss shackles ... dead bounty ...gg

this ... is a MASSIVE CHANGE

I still dont see zeus being used as a support. Dewarding blocking wards is nice but you still have a support without a slow, stun, or any ganking potential. In the laning stage he is just a creep that wastes less sentries.
He only works if you are really ahead, and if supports like lina dont get picked, or even venomancer lately then why would you get zeus?

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by samukobo » April 30, 2014 3:23am | Report
Zeus barely does anything besides dish out damage and literally any single hero can do that. So not a support.

Especially in competitive, dewarding is nice but it's not like there's this cheap item called Sentry Wards that supports get already which is useful for but not exclusively for dewarding, right?
Quoted:

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

samukobo
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » April 30, 2014 3:58am | Report
he does more magical damage then anyone else... not to mention his passive. i know he doesnt give much to the lane. im just saying that before he was a

" what!!! why the hell would you want to pick a zues?? you ******!!"

to

" hmmmmmm ........ no "

i think a slight change to his survivabilty and maybe a edit to his chain that there is a stacking move slow per person hit...ie first bounce lays a 6% move slow but 5th bounce lays a 12% move slow and then the 15th one lays a 55% move slow.... he might actually find some game play ...

also i mean come ... a creep that deals more damage?

zues can outlay more damage in 4 seconds then any other hero .... chain bolt and ulti ... now take into account that if they are within 1000 radius they just lost between 28% - 33% of their hp due to his passive... ON TOP of the 970 magical damage he just did... be afraid of the storm my friends hahaha

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Faust87 » April 30, 2014 4:40am | Report
Apparently some people don't read about the update, and Lich is already able to get rampage thanks to the ulti:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jig-_2lFy5I

Faust87

Notable (1)
Steam: Faust
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » April 30, 2014 7:32am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

he does more magical damage then anyone else... not to mention his passive. i know he doesnt give much to the lane. im just saying that before he was a

zues can outlay more damage in 4 seconds then any other hero .... chain bolt and ulti ... now take into account that if they are within 1000 radius they just lost between 28% - 33% of their hp due to his passive... ON TOP of the 970 magical damage he just did... be afraid of the storm my friends hahaha

That's only Late Game, where Support's Damage don't matter anymore, Skywrath Mage, Ancient Apparition and Gyrocopter are better Supports if you want Insane Magical Damage from lvl1 to the Mid-Game

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 30, 2014 8:09am | Report
Not an ideal support (slows, stuns) but great nuking and team fight potential. I'm thinking get him an early Quelling Blade - 1.5 second true sight, chop down the ward with the QB active?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zeth_Foherein » April 30, 2014 5:03pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

The big idea with Bloodseeker and Bloodrage is that now he can use it himself safely with BKB. Why would you Bloodrage the enemy hard carry late game anyway? That's just dumb. You use it on your own allies on yourself.

I think its better to use Bloodrage to silence caster heroes like timbersaw becouse thats the second (if im not wrong) longest silence of the game (6 / 7 / 8 / 9 seconds).

Zeth_Foherein

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 30, 2014 11:51pm | Report
Why would you silence casters when you can kill them in 5 max hits?(being bloodraged and immune to magic damage - BKB)

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 1, 2014 12:07am | Report
.... 9 second silence on a timbersaw means a dead timbersaw ... plus he already has super low attack damage so its not like he will gain much ... ive used the silence to harass in lane and against a low hp caster it works a treat.

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved