Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.80 is coming...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » 6.80 is coming... 37 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by CaptCPC » January 27, 2014 12:34pm | Report
http://www.dota2.com/newbloom/day2/

Soul Keeper changed back to Terrorblade, 950 range Sniper, 1000 ms Void in Chrono, 10-30% death time reduction for Meepo, Walrus Punch dealing 350% at any time, Tinker Aghanims among other changes.

CaptCPC

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 27, 2014 1:02pm | Report
Yeah i knew it i new knew it I'm happy u just made my day CaptCPC

None my challenge me!
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
Please PM me if you spot anything missing or outdated in the data base

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Steam: F.E.A.R.
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » January 27, 2014 1:04pm | Report
Lots and lots of interesting balancing changes too!

Various nerfs to the most commonly used pro heroes, various buffs to weak powers and items, Broodmother should be much easier to kill in lane, Tinker gets multi-rocket powah, AOE on Agh's Finger of Death, long list :)
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 27, 2014 1:07pm | Report
OH GOD. I've just read it all: there are huge buffs to underestimated Heroes (i.e. Quas- Wex Invoker, Wraith King, Ogre Magi...) and items ( Iron Branch, Blink Dagger, Veil of Discord...). I actually think the Ogre Magi buff is a bit useless unless going mid (which is bad in my opinion) but the others, especially the Blink, are really huge: I'm gonna guess competitive players will start getting their Dagger before finishing Boots on Magnus and Puck.

There's a huge nerf on the Necronomicon - but I expected it - while other INT-based items like Rod of Atos, Force Staff, Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Shiva's Guard received small changes that don't really make that much of a difference in my opinion.

Lastly, the Drum of Endurance: why? I'd rather have three charges and pay 700 gold for the recipe, but I guess it has to do with balance even though less and less players build them on Heroes on whom it used to be good (Luna, Gyro, Mirana). D:

EDIT: I forgot to talk about Broodmother: now she's finally balanced. Not that I thought she was op, but she still was really annoying. And about Tinker, the Agh's upgrade will change things: he can already farm really quickly, so getting it before/after a Sheepstick shouldn't be a problem most of the time.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 27, 2014 1:18pm | Report

OH GOD. I've just read it all: there are huge buffs to underestimated Heroes (i.e. Quas- Wex Invoker, Wraith King, Ogre Magi...) and items ( Iron Branch, Blink Dagger, Veil of Discord...). I actually think the Ogre Magi buff is a bit useless unless going mid (which is bad in my opinion) but the others, especially the Blink, are really huge: I'm gonna guess competitive players will start getting their Dagger before finishing Boots on Magnus and Puck.

There's a huge nerf on the Necronomicon - but I expected it - while other INT-based items like Rod of Atos, Force Staff, Eul's Scepter of Divinity and Shiva's Guard received small changes that don't really make that much of a difference in my opinion.

Lastly, the Drum of Endurance: why? I'd rather have three charges and pay 700 gold for the recipe, but I guess it has to do with balance even though less and less players build them on Heroes on whom it used to be good (Luna, Gyro, Mirana). D:

EDIT: I forgot to talk about Broodmother: now she's finally balanced. Not that I thought she was op, but she still was really annoying. And about Tinker, the Agh's upgrade will change things: he can already farm really quickly, so getting it before/after a Sheepstick shouldn't be a problem most of the time.

You know this is Dota I like the buffs but, there were some small little nerfs not huge. Huskar got buffs, Spirit Breaker to and others :). And you are right about Drum of Endurance I was like "Dafuq".
Brace Your Selves
Terrorblade is incoming

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » January 27, 2014 1:25pm | Report
Yeah, I agree with you: I don't really mind Spirit Breaker (that buff makes a lot of difference my opinion, but his "usefulness" still doesn't change), Tidehunter or Sniper, but those small buffs to Slardar and Riki are quite decent. Still, I don't think they have nearly as much impact as the ones I mentioned above.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 27, 2014 1:34pm | Report

Yeah, I agree with you: I don't really mind Spirit Breaker (that buff makes a lot of difference my opinion, but his "usefulness" still doesn't change), Tidehunter or Sniper, but those small buffs to Slardar and Riki are quite decent. Still, I don't think they have nearly as much impact as the ones I mentioned above.

Yes true, and now we got the best counter to Phantom Lancer. Believe me I tested this morning Terrorblade vs Phantom Lancer 6.79e. He had Boots of Travel, Vladmir's Offering, Diffusal Blade, Butterfly, Heart of Tarrasque and Abyssal Blade. I had Boots of Travel, Eye of Skadi, Daedalus, Butterfly, Manta Style and Assault Cuirass. He had his army of Lancers while I had my self Metamorphed and 5 other illusions. The army of Lancers just fell 2-3 attacks while mine where still standing, and in the end I killed him. Metamorphosis ability is considered as a normal 3rd ability which is very powerful. Although it's not quite that way cause, Metamorphosis is Soul Keeper's ultimate in Warcraft 3. So if you look clearly at the heroes abilities by default, you will see that he has 2 ultimates. That's why they reworked him 3-4 times, maybe cause of other reasons to. Metamorphosis is the most powerful transformation form in the game even from Lycanthrope's Shapeshift, while in normal form he has 144-150 on level 25, in Metamorphosis form he has 204-210 base damage. Metamorphosis is the most powerful ability in Warcraft 3.

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 27, 2014 2:08pm | Report

Broodmother

• Can no longer leave the map boundaries
  • Spin Web no longer provides 200 vision
  • Free pathing is now removed when enemies have vision over you

Leshrac

• Lightning Storm jumps from 4/6/7/8 to 4/5/6/7
  • Lightning Storm damage from 80/145/205/265 to 80/140/200/260
  • Lightning Storm cooldown reduced from 5.5 to 4
  • Lightning Storm manacost reduced from 100/115/130/145 to 90/100/110/120

Shadow Demon

Windrunner

but still...no Phoenix T~T

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GDI.Reaper » January 27, 2014 2:52pm | Report
The Invoker nerf is huge and sad. Not to say his spirits weren't annoying but still , i think he was nerfed a little too much.

GDI.Reaper

Steam: Mayday
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by F.E.A.R.0 » January 27, 2014 2:57pm | Report
GDI.Reaper wrote:

The Invoker nerf is huge and sad. Not to say his spirits weren't annoying but still , i think he was nerfed a little too much.

It's not a huge though, the spirits nerf is in the middle but it didn't had to be like that.
This on the other side got buff:
  • EMP burn increased from 100->400 to 100->550
  • EMP delay from 3.7->2 to 2.6
  • Alacrity manacost reduced from 75 to 45
  • Ghost Walk movement speed from -30/-25/-20/-15/-10/-5/0 to -30/-20/-10/0/10/20/30

F.E.A.R.0
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (38)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved