Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

A Comparison of Hero DPS

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » A Comparison of Hero DPS 52 posts - page 1 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 24, 2016 1:15am | Report
Being the fact that I'm currently rather sick, as opposed to not having fun playing actual dota where people seem to be constantly tryharding, I instead opted to run some tests.

These, of course, were DPS tests. In the hero demo part of Dota, you can create dummies, which have 5k hp, 0 armour and don't take damage. Using these dummies, I ran a series of tests on heroes with a variety of item builds. These tests were conducted with realistic item builds in ideal conditions, so we had a Medusa hitting 5 targets and Luna glaives getting full bounces. There were some heroes I didn't do, such as Lifestealer, Slark and Outworld Devourer, due to either stat stealing or because Feast will always deal an extra 330 damage because the dummies have 5k hp :)

All of these were done with a consumed Moon Shard, except for Lone Druid.

So, in order of highest to lowest damage in ideal conditions, we have:

With Boots of Travel, Satanic, Sange and Yasha, Daedalus, Black King Bar and Monkey King Bar.
Sven did a grand, massive total of 4.8k DPS, cleaving onto two targets. Note that this is positively skewed due to the 0 armour of the dummies.
Also note that this build has no Blink Dagger, and despite the Sange and Yasha is still pretty kiteable outside of Warcry due to sluggish movement speed.

]
With Boots of Travel, Satanic, Monkey King Bar, Manta Style, Eye of Skadi and Butterfly.
Yes, Medusa. Her AoE DPS onto five targets is a huge 3.8k sustained. A 400% steroid of not a lot of damage is still a metric ****-ton of damage. However, given the presence of creeps, summons, and generally not being in range, it's unlikely you'll be hitting 5 targets, and your single target is... pathetic, actually.

With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Eye of Skadi, Butterfly, Daedalus and Eye of Skadi.
Sitting just below Medusa on 3.7k DPS single-target is Terrorblade. No real surprises there, the highest single-target damage hero in the game is doing the highest single target damage. Reflection can't be calculated in this equation, but it should be factored in to an actual game of Dota.

With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Heart of Tarrasque, Satanic, Butterfly and Octarine Core.
With 3k DPS, comes Chaos Knight. Sitting considerably below Terrorblade due to having poor attack speed and less individual damage, this is still a lot of damage on a hero with 25 armour and 4.5k HP.

With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Black King Bar, Eye of Skadi, Satanic and Butterfly.
Luna, getting full glaives bounces between 2 targets, has a surprisingly high DPS of 2.7k. This pretty much invalidates any of you arguing that she needed to buy an actual DPS item outside of Butterfly. Come on guys. Tank up fam. While a bit unrealistic in that you're not likely to get all your bounces on enemy heroes, but take 3 of those bounces away and you're still looking at a very solid 2.2k DPS.

]
With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Butterfly, Daedalus, Satanic and Aghanim's Scepter.
Just below Luna at 2.5k is a Tiny who cleaves onto 2 targets. Considerably less damage than Sven, but far less kiteable and tankier with evasion and craggly. But then, who picks Tiny and then hits heroes instead of buildings?

With Boots of Travel, Eye of Skadi, Butterfly, Daedalus, Ethereal Blade and Manta Style.
High, sustained, burst potential with Adaptive Strike, we've got Morphling with 2.3k DPS. Also no real surprises, Morph has high and reliable damage that melts towers and heroes.

With Boots of Travel, Bloodthorn, Daedalus, Eye of Skadi, Black King Bar and Monkey King Bar.
Clinkz comes in at 2.1k. This test was done in two Strafe cycles, to get proper sustained damage. His burst peaked at 2.5k.

With Boots of Travel, Diffusal Blade, Eye of Skadi, Manta Style, Butterfly and Abyssal Blade.
At 2.05k DPS, we have Phantom Lancer. I had to MANUALLY do the mana burn DPS calculations for this because the dummies don't have mana - what kind of ******** is that?? Still, he's surprisingly higher than I expected.

With Boots of Travel, Eye of Skadi, Satanic, Sange and Yasha, Daedalus and Butterfly.
Coming in at 2k DPS we've got a Troll Warlord. Replacing Butterfly with Black King Bar drops his DPS to 1.6k - showing just how much a BKB will ruin your damage output. Thanks, OSFrog.

With Boots of Travel, Butterfly, Daedalus, Manta Style, Silver Edge and Satanic.
A respectable 1.8k DPS. Using his ult on a single target is actually a DPS loss.

With Boots of Travel, Butterfly, Manta Style, Heart of Tarrasque, Abyssal Blade and Battle Fury.
Despite building a grant total of one proper damage item, AM still gets a very respectable 1.75k DPS. A solid 20% of this is from the deceptively high steroid Mana Break.

Druid with Boots of Travel, Butterfly, Eye of Skadi, Manta Style and Skull Basher.
Bear with Radiance, Assault Cuirass, Phase Boots and Skull Basher.
At 1.7k, we have a reasonable 6-slotted Lone Druid. For the curious, 12-slotted Druid does 3.5k DPS. Shame it isn't realistic.

With Boots of Travel, Butterfly, Manta Style, Satanic, Abyssal Blade and Monkey King Bar.
Also at 1.7k.

With Boots of Travel, Butterfly, Eye of Skadi, Radiance, Manta Style and Octarine Core.
Lovely miss Naga Siren who never fights ever still clocks in at a very decent 1.65k DPS, proving just how potent illusions can be. This damage gets higher if you replace Octarine Core for Daedalus but please don't do that ever. It's a horrible idea.

With Boots of Travel, Abyssal Blade, Assault Cuirass, Monkey King Bar, Black King Bar and Radiance.
Surprisingly low on the charts, Wraith King is only dealing 1.6k dps with a full damage build. A relatively weak steroid combined with mediocre Agility gain can be justified as the cause, but yeah, good luck killing this guy anytime soon.

With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Daedalus, Octarine Core, Eye of Skadi and Butterfly.
Considering there's all of one actual damage item on this list, Void doing 1.5k DPS isn't necessarily surprising. You're still a hugely disruptive teamfight presence and a very hard hero to actually kill. Replacing Daedalus with Radiance is less damage single-target, but you get a lot of AoE to make up for that, which may be worth it.

With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Eye of Skadi, Monkey King Bar, Black King Bar and Abyssal Blade.
Like we've all been saying, RIP this hero. Her DPS is equal with a tank-mode Void at 1.5k DPS, and while she bursts 2.4k it drops off so quickly after those initial four attacks from Phantom Strike. I tested it - this is the highest-damage build that remains within the realms of reasonability. Poor, poor PA.

With Boots of Travel, Manta Style, Eye of Skadi, Abyssal Blade, Butterfly and Radiance.
Down the bottom with 1.2k DPS we've got Spectre without her primary steroids of Haunt and Dispersion. This isn't even too bad when you consider that you've got more damage from other sources on top of this.

So, there we have it. Not a conclusive list, but a fairly large one that presents some surprising results.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » June 24, 2016 3:12am | Report
For pa, replace Manta with daedalus and see how it goes.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 24, 2016 3:19am | Report
I already tried that; Daedalus gave considerably less damage with the rest of those items. Replacing Abyssal Blade with Daedalus gives a large damage boost, but you lose your hard disables. Manta Style gives the most damage on a hero with decent Agility by a considerable margin, especially in the case of PA where her illusions gain the full effect of her ult.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 24, 2016 3:34am | Report
I like the idea. Some interesting stuff.

However I think some builds are a bit unrealistic / some weird item pickups.

- Medusa

Satanic is horrendous on that hero. Replace with Black King Bar or Bloodthorn

- Chaos Knight

No Eye of Skadi on an illusion hero = no win.
Satanic? Honestly, I'd rather have another heart tbh.

- Luna

No Monkey King Bar is very unrealistic. That's why Skadi+Satanic Luna is not a thing, she needs a slot for MKB.

- Tiny

No BKB is unrealistic. You gave Sven a BKB and not Tiny. Actually a BKB-less Tiny is far more kiteable than a Sven.

- Morphling

Not even one of BKB, Linkens or MKB is pretty unrealistic.

- Clinkz

Having both Bloodthorn and Daedalus is kind of redundant and you could have a Butterfly.

- Phantom Assassin

Manta Style, really?

- Anti-Mage

6-slotted AM has way better options than that. Heart of Tarrasque and Battle Fury are essentially dead slots at that point.
Even if you force one slot for Black King Bar or Linken's Sphere (which is an absolute must in a real game), there's still another free slot for one of Monkey King Bar, Bloodthorn or Daedalus. So 2 damage items.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 24, 2016 4:10am | Report
I'd also add that SnY is not a lategame slot for troll, in fact I'd never get it now that ranged form slow sucks, and calculating split shots/glaive bounces skews the results, I don't understand how you think this experiment proves something i.e Luna dealing enough damage, if you count bounces then surely her DPS is over the roof because her glaives are 272% DPS steroid but here's the skinny - she almost never gets bounces in real fights so yea that doesn't prove anything at all.

Plus some of the build are really sub-optimal.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 24, 2016 7:13am | Report
Did you factor in Morphed stats for Morphling?

At a 3:1 agility to strength ratio Morph should be able to deal more than 2.3k.

Also, full morphling build is this:

Either:

1) BoTs, Skadi, Manta, BKB, MKB, Daedalus
2) BoTs, Skadi, Manta, Linken's, Bloodthorn, Scythe of Vyse
3) BoTs, Skadi, Eblade, Linken's, Butterfly, MKB.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 24, 2016 7:31am | Report
Morphling had gone full AGI. Also, **** BKB on Morph. Towers don't cast disables and greed is good :) Same goes for Tiny.

Also, I might have gotten the Clinkz items wrong. I believe it was Butterfly instead of Daedalus - I hadn't noted down what items everyone had so it was from memory.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » June 24, 2016 7:44am | Report
But still, you wouldn't go Ethereal Blade on a DPS morphling (although it gives 40 agi), and MKB > Daedalus every day

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » June 24, 2016 7:51am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

and MKB > Daedalus every day

??

Illusions crit and Daedalus crit is like a 36% damage amp...

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » June 24, 2016 8:13am | Report
Have you tried Meepo? I think he does somewhere around 2.5k dps? I wonder if Bloodthorn would be good on him.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved