Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

6.80 - If I were IceFrog

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » 6.80 - If I were IceFrog 29 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Atlas » December 10, 2013 9:30pm | Report
This is just a fun little thing I'm doing, and it expresses the changes I personally feel would help the game. I'm NOT icefrog, but if I were, these are some of the changes I would make. Feel free to share your own as well!

Items:

Hand of Midas: Recipe cost increased from 1400 to 1500. Cooldown increased from 100 to 120.

Black King Bar: Recipe cost increased to 1425.

Rod of Atos: Now gives +15 damage.

Assault Cuirass: Instead of building from Chainmail, it builds from Buckler. Recipe cost reduced so that the total cost of Assault Cuirass stays the same. AC retains same effect, stats from Buckler are not carried over to AC.

Heroes:

Ancient Apparition: Ice Vortex slow % increased from 18/22/26/30% to 18/26/34/42%

Axe: Counter Helix chance to helix now goes up when leveled. Scaled from 17% chance to helix to 17/19/21/23% chance to helix. Cooldown increased from 0.45/0.4/0.35/0.3 to 0.5/0.45/0.4/0.35.

Beastmaster: Aghanims does more damage along with the range and cooldown reduction. Damage of Primal Roar with aghs improved from 200/250/300 to 250/300/350.

Bloodseeker: Base movespeed increased from 300 to 305.

Brewmaster: Primal Split duration increased from 15/17/19 to 16/18/20. Base intelligence increased by 2. (16 starting intelligence now)

Broodmother: Can no longer scale over cliffs on the edges of the map while in her web. Can still scale over trees and other cliffs. Movespeed while in webs reduced from 20/25/30/35% to 15/20/25/30% boost.

Centaur Warrunner : Now has Aghanim's Scepter upgrade. With Aghs, his charge duration is increased from 3.75 seconds to 5.5 seconds. Cooldown with Aghs decreased from 120/90/60 to 90/60/30.

Clockwerk: Base movespeed decreased from 315 to 305.

Crystal Maiden: Crystal Nova manacost increased from 100/120/140/160 to 100/125/150/175. Frostbite range decreased from 500 to 450.

Dazzle: Shallow Grave cast range rescaled from 550/700/850/1000 to 700/800/900/1000.

Death Prophet: Spirit speed decreased slightly, so their attack rate is lowered slightly, and life drain from spirits reduced to 20% from 25%. Death Prophet's agi gain is increased from 1.4 to 1.8. Base attack damage increased by 4.

Drow Ranger: Cooldown on Precision Aura's active is reduced from 120 to 90.

Earth Spirit: Mana cost of Rolling Boulder increased from 50 to 50/65/80/95.
Mana cost of Geomagnetic Grip increased from 75 to 100. Magnetize duration decreased from 6 seconds to 5 seconds. Magnetize cooldown increased from 80 to 100.

Earthshaker: Aftershock radius increased from 300 to 325.

Elder Titan: Base movespeed decreased from 315 to 300. Base intelligence decreased by 1.

Gyrocopter: Calldown mana cost increased from 125 to 150. Agi gain decreased from 2.8 to 2.4.

Invoker: Deafening Blast stun duration increased from 0.25 / 0.5 / 0.75 / 1 / 1.25 / 1.5 / 1.75 to 0.5/0.75/1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2.

Io: Can now Tether units that have Magic Immunity.

Keeper of the Light: Blinding Light duration increased from 3/4/5 to 4/5/6.

Kunkka: Torrent slow duration increased from 1/2/3/4 to 2/3/4/5.

Lina: Fiery Soul max stacks changed from 3 to 4. Fiery Soul attack speed bonus per stack reduced from 40/55/70/85 to 25/40/55/70 (with max stacks total attack speed changed from 255 to 280). Bonus movespeed per stack reduced from 4/5/6/7% to 3/4/5/6% (total movespeed with max stacks improved from 21% to 24%). Duration improved from 7 to 9 seconds.

Lone Druid: Battle Cry armor buff improved from 2/4/6 to 4/6/8 armor. Bonus damage improved from 20/40/60 to 20/50/80.

Lycanthrope: Summon Wolves manacost changed from 145 to 115/125/135/145.

Meepo: Reverted nighvision nerf.

Morphling: Movespeed increased from 285 to 290. Morph Replicate manacost reduced from 150 to 75. Replicate manacost increased from 25 to 50. Base agility increased from 24 to 25.

Natures Prophet: When Teleportation is interupted, the ability is put on cooldown.

Nyx Assassin: Impale radius increased from 125 to 140.

Ogre Magi: Bloodlust movespeed bonus increased from 10/12/14/16% to 10/13/16/19%. Range increased from 600 to 700.

Omniknight: With Aghanim's Scepter, using your ulti gives all affected heroes and buildings Degen Aura for the duration of Guardian Angel.

Updated more!

Atlas
<Retired Admin>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (117)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DzikaPanda » December 10, 2013 10:50pm | Report
I would give Riki a hidden 5th skill that acts as Dagon lvl 10 and unlock when enemies destroy your barracks.
"When game is going full ******, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half ******, you´re ****ing done for. When Aloha decides to go middle rubick you let him, and you start buying orb of venom on invoker. That's how dota works" -n0tail

DzikaPanda
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (16)
Steam: Kawaii Moe Kid
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by shroy » December 10, 2013 11:43pm | Report
i would like to see pl getting aghs update which removes illusion limit and he can only build aghs if timer goes over 50 min mark....too op?

shroy

Steam: ShauRya
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 11, 2013 1:29am | Report
Would agree with almost all of these - ones I think maybe OP/different/interesting:

- Centaur Warrunner ultimate with aghs. Getting a whole team max move for 5.5 seconds every 30 seconds is a bit too much. Like the general idea but the minimum cooldown would have to be longer I think.

- Shallow Grave range...hmm. Obviously the cooldown and cost does come into it too, but it does make good positioning vital with Dazzle with the short range at low levels...then again it's not like he's picked all the time and his stun/slow is still pretty lacklustre. He's still ridiculously level dependent compared other supports. Would rather that was addressed instead.

- Death Prophet...fairly major change towards her right click ability...but then again it might see her picked a lot more as a viable mid.

- Gyrocopter...ouch! Would maybe start with a drop to 2.6 gain...baby steps when balancing and all that.

And the big one I think you missed:

Phantom Lancer - illusions are coloured blue (like they are to allies) if Phantom Lancer is more than 700 radius away from them. Illusions instantly dispel if he is more than 1000 radius from them. Starting strength increased to 19.

Hopefully that would see the end to the extremely boring PL base push games. Surely nobody wants to watch 10 minutes of Manta Style illusion pushing which takes 50 damage per time off a T3 tower, slowly laming the opposition into defeat?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » December 11, 2013 1:52am | Report
Atlas wrote:

Rod of Atos: Now gives +15 damage.

Rod of Atos:Now uses 2 Belt of Strength(s) instead of Vitality Booster, reducing the cost by 200 Gold and providing 20 Strength (380 HP + 0.6HP/s Regen) instead of 325HP.
+ + + =

I don't think providing Attack Damage will make Rod of Atos more popular, it's Active is powerful enough now, with the recent Buffs, so that leaves increasing the Intelligence, or the HP. Considering how hard it is for Supports to save up for Scythe of Vyse and Shiva's Guard without a Hand of Midas, Rod of Atos would become a much more viable alternative if it provided even more HP, and was just a little bit cheaper

Vanguard: can now be dissasembled. Because this item is worthless unless you can disassemble it into a Heart of Tarrasque later on -_- Please Icebuff to make good item T-T

Eul's Scepter of Divinity:can now cast Cyclone on Allies.

I think the main reason we don't see a lot of Eul's being built is that while it's a cheap, cost-effective Item on Supports, it doesn't help them Support as much as other alternatives. Being able to Cyclone your Carry after they've been Chain Stunned could turn the Teamfight around, and be just as viable as a Force Staff. Admittedly this could be a little OP, but I want to see it happen anyway X{D. I'm not too bothered about how trolls could abuse it, because no one cares about the trolls.

Veil of Discord:Now provides an Aura instead of an Active.

Magic Weakness, Ability:Aura, Targets:Enemies

Weakens Enemies around the Hero, removing 100% of Base Magic Resistance in a 900 Unit AoE. (Note, does not stack with Eldar Titan's Aura)

This would certainly be useful on Nukers who like to jump into the middle of the fray, e.g. Earthshaker, Nyx Assassin, Queen of Pain, etc.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » December 11, 2013 3:03am | Report
Change sniper from a creep with higher range to an actual hero. Changed from carry to a disabler.

I dont know how yet but he needs to be changed. He just doesnt add anything to the team.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 11, 2013 3:46am | Report
Sniper can be extremely effective with enough farm, he has the highest total stats gain of any hero. With big farm his range and mini-stun combined with attack speed can make him incredibly difficult to deal with.

But yeah, he is substantially weak in the early game, and incredibly vulnerable against some heroes. Other hard carries like Anti-Mage and Faceless Void have reasonable escape, he's slow, squishy and has no way of getting away. Bit like Drow, only worse.

It's hard to know what to do with him really, giving him various improvements could easily leave him OP. Too much mobility and his range would make him ridiculous. Probably needs some kind of reworking/replacement of Shrapnel, maybe something that's pretty good early on, but doesn't scale well.

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Glenn T » December 11, 2013 4:04am | Report
You're wrong - Sniper is really useful to the team. For ks-ing that is. Kill securing

Glenn T

Notable (1)
Steam: Glenn T
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » December 11, 2013 4:26am | Report
There's no such thing as kill stealing when you're a hard carry :)

(And yes, I am serious!)

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » December 11, 2013 4:49am | Report
Weaver: Shukuchi duration decreased from 4/4/4/4 to 1/2/3/4.
The Swarm mana cost rescaled from 100/100/100/100 to 130/120/110/100.

Seriously, I enjoy playing Weaver but I think his Shukuchi is too annoying early on; it makes him almost invulnerable at all stages of the game even if you have some Dust of Appearance. And also, The Swarm helps a lot in solo pushes: rising its mana cost might force players to put more early points in it or just don't use it before level 13-14.

And if we're really going to nerf tournament Heroes, then let's target Lich too:
Lich: Frost Blast slow duration decreased from 4 to 2.
Sacrifice's health converted reduced from 25/40/55/70 to 25/30/45/60.

With this rework, Lich players won't probably take Sacrifice at 2-4-13-14 anymore and will max out Ice Armor later; 60 mana at 4 is enough for this Hero anyway. The Frost Blast nerf isn't really that big of a deal, it just discourages 1vs1 Lich chases.

Also, I really like Xyrus' suggestions: I would definitely buy the Rod of Atos more often after that rework.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved