Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

New Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade Ideas

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » New Aghanim's Scepter Upgrade Ideas 58 posts - page 5 of 6
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 14, 2014 1:47am | Report
Safecyn wrote:

Ooh! Ooh! This looks like fun! I wanna try. Um...

Chaos Knight: Phantasm summons 2/3/4 illusions, and has a 25% chance of spawning an extra illusion (this is in addition to the 50% chance to spawn an extra illusion inherent to the skill.)

Anti-Mage: Cooldown of Mana Void is refreshed if Anti-Mage successfully kills a hero with it.

Anti-Mage: Damage increased to 1.25 per missing mana, and mini-stun now applied to all enemies within the spell's AOE.

Phantom Assassin: Coup de Grace ignores a hero's armor value when dealing damage. o_0

Terrorblade: Terrorblade's illusions may now cast Sunder. (Only works on illusions created by Conjure Image)

An idea from my buddy Safebulb:

Terrorblade: Terrorblade may cast Sunder while dead, as long as an ally or enemy is within 250 range of the spot where Terrorblade died.

Kunkka: Duration of Rum buff increased to 12/14/16 seconds, and damage reduction increased to 55/60/65%

Tidehunter: Ravage slows enemies by 10% for ten seconds after the stun wears off, and causes them to take 15/20/25% amplified damage during the slow duration.

Tidehunter: Ravage reduces affected enemies' armor equal to the current level of Gush, and slows by 40% for 4 seconds after the stun wears off.

Clinkz: Death Pact can be targeted on ancients.

Phantasm is already damn strong. That buff is just really broken

Mana Void is a strong spell already, even in the late game. Just imagine the enemy's Skywrath Mage lost all his 2000 mana and be dealt as damage in a radius. Not sure about the mini stun, though.

Coup de Grace upgrade is OP. Nuff' said

Sunder 1st idea is OP as hell. However, the second one is VERY interesting, but may need some balancing issues.

Ghost Ship upgrade is now a 5man steroid with 40 seconds cooldown at level 3.

Ravage 1st upgrade is a little unbalanced for me, but im a fan of the second upgrade. If the duration is increased from 4, its OP.

Death Pact seems unbalanced yet very interesting.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » October 14, 2014 4:56am | Report
Safecyn wrote:

Yeah, I mean ancient creeps, not Roshan. The most health an ancient creep has is 2000 (Big Dragon/Big Golem both have this), so it's a pretty decent buff. Maybe almost a little too powerful? But you do have to buy an Agh's for it, so it'd BETTER be a good buff. /shrug

Yup I understand, but the problem is when dota 1 is updated with that buff, roshan will be edible since roshan are placed in ancient category, unless IceFrog change it into something else.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 14, 2014 5:21am | Report
MrLocket wrote:

Yup I understand, but the problem is when dota 1 is updated with that buff, roshan will be edible since roshan are placed in ancient category, unless IceFrog change it into something else.

He did, although he is still count as ancient. If you use the Aghanim's Scepter upgrade for Holy Persuasion it will show a CANT CAST ON ROSHAN when clicked on roshan.

Edit: MORE AGAIN!!

Eclipse now strikes nearby targets all at once. Number of beams are now number of strikes, and each target can be hit for an unlimited amount.

Static Storm now mutes instead of silences. (No Black King Bar can be cast). However, magic immune targets before affected by Static Storm will not be affected.

Void now reduces night vision by 600 for 2 seconds.

Blink Strike replenish time reduced to 15, and Smokescreen automatically removes Permanent Invisibility reset (since there is no reset, Riki can attack and became invisible, theoritically the same effect as Shadow Dance. Can still be revealed with True Sight.

Sacrifice can now be used to deny heroes with HP left of 10%. Will not grant mana, and failed usage will make Sacrifice come on cooldown.

Thats for now.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » October 14, 2014 11:19am | Report
Wait... doesn't Static Storm already have an Agh's upgrade that does exactly that? Mutes items and what not?

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » October 14, 2014 11:30am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

uuh bunkan dont you think that having a 5000 ranged hook is good? the same logic :)

True true, although I could see creeps being a problem, I could dig it if it only did damage to heroes and ignored all other units maybe I could use it efficiently :p

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » October 14, 2014 1:38pm | Report
Safecyn strikes again, more suggested Agh's upgrades! Because I'm bored. :3

First, an idea that isn't mine, but one I saw on Reddit that sounded interesting:

Alchemist: Upon purchasing Aghanim's Scepter, Alchemist transmutes the item, gaining the stats associated with the item but without taking up an item slot. (The original idea suggests that this should stack indefinitely, but I prefer adding a scaling 1/2/3 times, just so things don't get more broken than they are already XD.) My own, personal idea for his upgrade would be something like...

Alchemist: Move speed and BAT bonuses from Chemical Rage are now permanent. Chemical Rage may be activated to give Alchemist bonus HP and mana regen, as well as disjoint projectiles.

Or perhaps, if we want to hearken back to the days of Dota 1...

Alchemist: Chemical Rage duration increased to 30. Chemical Rage now dispels most debuffs, including stuns, when activated.

Now, moving away from Alchy and on to Batman. The buff I see suggested a lot goes like this:

Batrider: Grants Batrider a second charge of Flaming Lasso with its own cooldown.

But I think this is a lot neater:

Batrider: Flaming Lasso now affects all units in a 100 radius around Batrider. (Batrider must still target a unit for this spell to trigger.)

Or, potentially...

Batrider: Flaming Lasso now deals damage over time equal to 1.5x the damage of the current level of Firefly.

Bloodseeker: Rupture deals 150/250/350 pure damage on initial cast. (Essentially giving it back what it lost in the remake.)

or...

Bloodseeker: Rupture now silences an enemy for the same length as the current level of Blood Rite.

or even...

Bloodseeker: Rupture now amplifies damage on a target equal to the amp from the current level of Bloodrage.

One more, because I've written a lot in this one post. XD

Bounty Hunter: Bonus gold for self increased to 300, Bonus gold for allies increased to 200. Track may be cast without breaking invisibility, and the debuff will not appear as long as Bounty Hunter is not visible to the enemy team.

That's all folks! For now... ahahahahahahaahah!

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » October 14, 2014 3:13pm | Report
I haven't really read many of these so I may repeat something that's already been said, but here goes:

Alchemist- The Alchemist's chemicals boil over, inflicting magic damage to any enemies in a radius which gets stronger the closer they are to Alchemist.
Anti-Mage- Now has three charges at lower power which refill over time.
Batrider- The target receives a slow after they're released from the lasso, and slowly gains speed back over the duration.
Bloodseeker- If Bloodseeker personally kills a unit under Rupture's effects, the cooldown is automatically reset.
Bounty Hunter- Track now bounces when cast so that if another enemy hero is within range, they are tracked as well. (Would be like Witch Doctor's Q and is made to have synergy with the new Shuriken)
Bristleback- Bristleback's ferocity in battle inspires his team so that all allied heroes within a radius receive the same Warpath bonuses that Bristleback has.
Broodmother- Web limit increased to 15 and number of spiders spawned increased by 1.
Centaur Warrunner- Gives allied heroes the "Warrior's Charge" buff upon activation, which makes them 25% more resistant to all forms of incoming damage for 5 seconds.
Chaos Knight- Chaos Knight and his illusions all gain the Hellfire ability, which causes stacking immolation damage in a radius around them. The ability is only active on Chaos Knight while illusions are up.
Clinkz- 100% hp now consumed and damage upped, and Clinkz gains whatever abilities the creep had until he uses his ultimate again.
Death Prophet- Spirits now apply an attack and movement slow to any hero or building who is hit by them. The duration is reset every time a spirit hits the hero or building.
Dragon Knight- Lvl 1: Breath Fire radius is wider and can be cast farther, and for more damage while in Dragon Form. Lvl 2: Stun now has a splash effect when in Elder Dragon Form (similar to Sven's Storm Hammer). Lvl 3: Dragon Blood can now be cast on allied heroes for 20 seconds at an enhanced rate of regeneration when in Elder Dragon Form. Permanent Dragon Form.
Drow Ranger- Gives the ability "Back Off", which allows Drow Ranger to target any hero within melee range and kick them away, launching herself backwards 500 units. Deals damage and stuns for .5 seconds.
Ember Spirit- Charges increased to 5, and now any enemy affected by the burst damage is also blinded for 5 seconds.
Io- teleportation is now instant, and enemy units at the arrival and departure points are stunned for 1.5 seconds.
Kunkka- The crew of Kunkka's ship join him in battle and jump from the ship upon its arrival, attacking any nearby enemy heroes and applying a 20% movement and attack speed debuff to them.

I'll post more when I get home later.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » October 14, 2014 4:48pm | Report
Fumbles16x wrote:

I haven't really read many of these so I may repeat something that's already been said, but here goes:

Alchemist- The Alchemist's chemicals boil over, inflicting magic damage to any enemies in a radius which gets stronger the closer they are to Alchemist.
Anti-Mage- Now has three charges at lower power which refill over time.
Batrider- The target receives a slow after they're released from the lasso, and slowly gains speed back over the duration.
Bloodseeker- If Bloodseeker personally kills a unit under Rupture's effects, the cooldown is automatically reset.
Bounty Hunter- Track now bounces when cast so that if another enemy hero is within range, they are tracked as well. (Would be like Witch Doctor's Q and is made to have synergy with the new Shuriken)
Bristleback- Bristleback's ferocity in battle inspires his team so that all allied heroes within a radius receive the same Warpath bonuses that Bristleback has.
Broodmother- Web limit increased to 15 and number of spiders spawned increased by 1.
Centaur Warrunner- Gives allied heroes the "Warrior's Charge" buff upon activation, which makes them 25% more resistant to all forms of incoming damage for 5 seconds.
Chaos Knight- Chaos Knight and his illusions all gain the Hellfire ability, which causes stacking immolation damage in a radius around them. The ability is only active on Chaos Knight while illusions are up.
Clinkz- 100% hp now consumed and damage upped, and Clinkz gains whatever abilities the creep had until he uses his ultimate again.
Death Prophet- Spirits now apply an attack and movement slow to any hero or building who is hit by them. The duration is reset every time a spirit hits the hero or building.
Dragon Knight- Lvl 1: Breath Fire radius is wider and can be cast farther, and for more damage while in Dragon Form. Lvl 2: Stun now has a splash effect when in Elder Dragon Form (similar to Sven's Storm Hammer). Lvl 3: Dragon Blood can now be cast on allied heroes for 20 seconds at an enhanced rate of regeneration when in Elder Dragon Form. Permanent Dragon Form.
Drow Ranger- Gives the ability "Back Off", which allows Drow Ranger to target any hero within melee range and kick them away, launching herself backwards 500 units. Deals damage and stuns for .5 seconds.
Ember Spirit- Charges increased to 5, and now any enemy affected by the burst damage is also blinded for 5 seconds.
Io- teleportation is now instant, and enemy units at the arrival and departure points are stunned for 1.5 seconds.
Kunkka- The crew of Kunkka's ship join him in battle and jump from the ship upon its arrival, attacking any nearby enemy heroes and applying a 20% movement and attack speed debuff to them.

I'll post more when I get home later.

*ouch

Didn't see that wall of text coming. xD

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » October 15, 2014 12:24pm | Report
I know :( My work computer started flipping out because I had more than 2 tabs open so I had to just post it and hope it wasn't canceled. I'll add formatting and more ideas later lol.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Scezory » October 18, 2014 6:52pm | Report
Bounty Hunter
Track Decrease cooldown to 5/2.5/1 seconds. Track is no longer a debuff, and only allies see the animation.

Phantom Assassin
Coup de Grace Chance to crit is increase to 16%/18%/20%

Tinker (a remake of his kind of useless upgrade)
Similar to Treant Protector and Ogre Magi, Tinker now has 2 new ability!

Untested Heat Seeking Missiles
Same as Heat Seeking Missile only MC is 10%/15%/20% of current mana, damage is amount of mana used and CD is 25 seconds

Unstable Laser
Same as Laser only MC is 10%/15%/20% of current mana, damage is amount of mana used, and CD is 15 seconds

Sniper
Assassinate Now deals 30%/40%/50% more damage to enemies with the Shrapnel debuff
Before you ask why, think for a moment, why not.

Scezory

Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved