Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 6.86 Discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 6.86 Discussion 42 posts - page 4 of 5
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 17, 2015 5:14pm | Report
I wouldn't judge the hero on his average within the first week of him being in the game.

Wait like a month, look at his win-rate in 'high-skill' games, and then make the call as to whether he's Techies or Winter Wyvern

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » December 17, 2015 7:25pm | Report
As it was obvious, Pudge with aether lens, scepter, nectarine ftw.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 17, 2015 9:02pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Midas on Arc Warden is balanced out by the fact that AW has no ability to farm whatsoever. No waveclear, no AOE, nothing. And he needs tons of farm to come online. Think Doom's Q skill for example, some heroes just need free gold. Even with that he's far, far behind the top farmers in the game in terms of farm speed.

Besides, he has the Tinker problem. What do you do when you know that the enemy mid is rushing midas into travels into radiance? You gank the hell out of him, and if you succeed he's completely shut down.

Before saying that he's OP, try to actually win games with that hero. If you manage to have a 70% winrate with him, it'll be twice as good as the current average XD

Ah yes. I agree.

As for Arc being op: this is basically the fallout 4 of heroes. So much hype, and when it comes out, it's alright, but doesnt meet the hype.

I'd say he can be strong but isnt really broken at all.

Arc Warden: Pros and Cons. We're starting with cons to show you how he's not op

Cons:
  • No AoE
  • No Armor
  • Unreliable nuke that takes 3 seconds to setup
  • No way to manfight until you have necrobook
  • Nuke/Disable that doesnt work in teamfights
  • Bad Stats
  • Low Damage
  • Low HP
  • Completely gold reliant

I noticed all of these things in my first match, and lucky me, I got a Weaver, who basically plays on all these weaknesses (too fast for your spells, hits hard and fast with armor reduction, etc.)

Pros:
  • Can use every item every item 55-65 seconds
  • Good for securing points like Runespots
  • comes online fairly fast
  • with enough items becomes very strong very fast
  • lots of damage output if you manage to micro well and arent team fighting

Build I've found uses these strengths and weaknesses well:
Hand of Midas> Arcane Boots>Optional Drum of Endurance/ Ring of Aquila> Shiva's Guard> Ethereal Blade
AKA Solo Burst Build

Changes I want to AW:
  • Decreased BAT
  • Increased Str. Gain
  • Increased Cooldown on Tempest Double (Maybe 80/70/60?)
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 17, 2015 9:29pm | Report
I am going to try a Hand of Midas-> Boots of Speed-> Maelstrom-> Boots of Travel-> Divine Rapier-> Blink Dagger build. Wish me luck.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » December 17, 2015 9:35pm | Report
Warden is still too powerful, but he's high skill and requires a lot of practice, and they actually gave him the big nerf to keep his pubstomping under control, and that was the nerf to Spark Wraith's mana cost. In his last patch in Dota 1, it was 50. 50 mana cost for that nuke, covering the entire lane with that with no escape. That, with Flux translates out to winning any solo matchup mid sans Broodmother.

Now he needs actual babysitting or a lot of skill win those lanes. However, if he gets any advantage, playing against him is the most nightmarish thing ever (Think 6.84 Storm mixed with 6.81 Tinker) as he gets his Necrobooks, his damage items, his mantas, and makes all fights hard with his 100% evasion and attack speed skill (this skill needs a nerf). The dude plays like Lycan, there's no manfighting for this hero, he just prints his money and finds an opening to destroy your base, and he's better at it than any other hero once the game goes late enough.

So, hero does not need buffs, perhaps some rebalancing to be less super focused, and players who actually pick him in the right situation instead of "oh i hear he's OP", the guy is hella greedy and does not teamfight well (though a good Magnetic Field fixes that with ease).

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » December 17, 2015 9:40pm | Report
Okay so I just realized Arcanes on Arc are trash. Casual Mango is much better. Just dont eat your main mango. Might just leave em at boots of speed and upgrade to BoTs when I have farm
Mood of the Day

O_O

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 17, 2015 10:38pm | Report
Blubbles wrote:

Okay so I just realized Arcanes on Arc are trash. Casual Mango is much better. Just dont eat your main mango. Might just leave em at boots of speed and upgrade to BoTs when I have farm

If you need to solve mana problems Bottle is the way to go since the double can use bottle on the main hero
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » December 17, 2015 11:39pm | Report
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2010653455

Alrigt, my first AW game wasn't a success. I can't last hit properly, got two mids up against me for a moment, missed what could have been a first blood because WD has some sort of a bug I think? Still though I managed a 10 minute midas because ramp wraiths killed tinker (I killed him on the same manner again later, with the wraiths inside a tree.) Apparently he isn't that easy as I thought. Though my friends did have their billing ended. Feel like I can't play this hero in pubs properly without the right lineup. Also I was miliseconds away from losing the rapier when the game ended lol.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 18, 2015 1:43am | Report
Of course his winrate doesn't mean anything except that people suck hard at playing him.

And hype isn't overrated. I'm just as hyped about him now as before. It's just, you gotta train hard to get something out of the new MeepoNaga. Right now I'm at the point where I can reliably beat bots...which isn't saying much but you got to start somewhere, right?

Magnetic Field OP? Feels like Riki's Smoke Screen on a 50 second cooldown to me...sure the attack speed is nice for pushing but AW is still a pretty horrible teamfighter, like pre-change Riki really.

The only skill that could be a bit OP is Flux. After all it's a 50% slow for 6 seconds (!!), with a huge nuke, which comes online with only one level in it, and that he can cast twice.

The only thing I have problems with right now is Spark Wraith. I'm not a freaking Techies picker so I just don't have the mindset to use this skill. Well at least it's kind of good in lane (except you don't have the mana to use it), and it gives vision so you can rat.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 18, 2015 3:30am | Report
I'd say Spark Wraith is more like Blood Rite, not Land Mines. Both are damage/area denial, though Wraith is also strategically useful for vision and lasting effect.

In an actual lane Spark Wraith is not impressive at all since it, yes, costs ****loads of mana, it's more of a tactical and prevention ability. You use it to ward common gank routes(though bots basically never gank mid so I've gotta practice on that) and to control the runes. Usually 2 Wraiths on a runespot is enough, if they come there alone they are dead because you can just cast Flux and another Wraith to their retreat spot.

But now after the manacost nerf I think Arc Warden is better laned safelane. He is really **** solo laner, 6.85 mids just delete him from the lane and don't even really care about rune control. He is very good with some supports ganking his lane but you can't expect them to reliably(and decently) do that in pubs. And he needs some space to farm Midas and Necros so you are just taking a spot from some really good mid hero who can create space and put a ranged creep there who only consumes it.

I think I'm going to try him in unranked today after a one more bot game. Unfortunately, bots always send melee carries with Quelling Blades to safelane so I can't even farm there and can't really practice laning there.

Then again, there are hero guides waiting to be updated for 6.86... but screw them, Kunkka and Luna are not the heroes to be nerf-hammered in a nearest 6.86b "hot" fix anyway, and Arc Warden is basically free pts if I can get Necros in a decent time.

Btw Earth Spirit's winrate was, from what I heard, 31% after he came out and he only received continuous nerfs since then :)

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved