Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Who, When, Where, How annnnnnd Why!!!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Who, When, Where, How annnnnnd Why!!!! 36 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » June 5, 2014 11:01am | Report
Quoted:
I think Anti-Mage would get wrecked by Xyrus's aggressive trilane.

Who said AM is on the safe lane?

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 5, 2014 11:04am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

No one, but you never said where he was, so we get to speculate 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » June 5, 2014 11:04am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Who said he isn't? :D

EDIT: That ninja post by Xyrus...

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 5, 2014 11:12am | Report
That double post by Pepp...oh wait he already noticed 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerak Kyria » June 5, 2014 4:58pm | Report

Mid lane: Brewmaster as he can build both Shiva's and Cuirass to mitigate the physical DPS and does a lot in the mid game.
Off-lane: Nyx Assassin because he can scout while invisible and get easy kills versus lone Heroes. Plus, he'll punish those late game carries (Spectre) with early game presence.
Semi-support: Sand King because his ultimate will wreck everyone in teamfights and, usually, isn't stopped by the Silencer as he initiates first. SK + Brew should be more than enough to cover early game teamfighting, so the carry I listed below won't need all the damage "common" carries need.
Hard support: Bane because he can keep Heroes in place and helps Nyx, plus he can reduce physical damage and is an excellent roamer.
Carry: Necrophos because - again - he can build Shiva's and an Agh's will make him super strong versus a late game Spectre; he's also good at pushing early towers and forcing early 5-man teamfights with an early Mek. Plus, Necro vs OD... You know OD's Intelligence won't do much to him.

Dunno if that's the best team you could get, but I kinda like carry Necrolyte and all the mid game aggression versus a Spectre + Slardar. I guess they'd run an aggressive trilane, and Necro is also excellent at keeping his lane healthy.

Ok, my counter for Peppo's draft.

Mid: Death Prophet; why? Can harass Brewmaster in the mid, has a silence and a passive speed boost, + can play rat dota if need be by split pushing. Also ult is a form of ticking damage so Spiked Carapace won't be so useful however if you can time it against Crypt Swarm then yeah useful. Also an int hero... :'(
Aggressive tri:
Hard Support: Crystal Maiden can stop enemy heroes from running away + slow. Also passive mana regen for PL along with DP and Abaddon
Kunkka can push the lane so as to stop Necro from getting farm also helps harass with Tidebringer.
Support Abaddon. Why? Can help with tower diving for kills with Aphotic Shield and can heal with Mist Coil
Safelane: Phantom Lancer. Why? Well he can go for Diffusal Blade which can burn the mana of Necro, Bane etc. Also more rat dota. Plus what good is Reaper's Scythe or Fiend's Grip if you can't find the right illusion? also the illusions can just destroy Bane and other heroes whilst there.

Now to summarise it all up;
Ghost Ship's buff helps deal with the AOE damage of Epicenter and gives a nice stun. Torrent if planned well can be used to cancel Fiend's Grip before BKB. X Marks the Spot helps with bringing heroes back. Can help with defeat mega-creeps if rax are taken.
Abaddon helps with tower diving, healing and also slowing fleeing heroes.
CM gives passive mana regen, teamfight damage and slows/a form of disable.
PL can split push, burn everyone's mana, and reek havoc if a teamfight brakes out with his ton of illusions. can also help defend against taken rax.
DP can push, nuke, silence and possibly support if need be. Can also help with counter pushes.

I know it's a greedy line-up but if we get towers early it could work.
Your new diet for heroes; You will need 4 wards (cuz wards taste better), 1 set of tangoes, 1 mango, 1 cheese.
With this you can make a nice Tango Mango Cheese platter. You can wash this all down with a nice bottle of water, Can be flavoured with red, green, yellow, blue, purple AND GOLD!
Caution: Taking roshan 3 times is required.

Zerak Kyria

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 5, 2014 5:17pm | Report
See ... one little thread and everyone jumps on top :) love it.

ok ready!

New Draft startiiinnnnngggg NOW!

Mid- [Invoker] - Pos 2
Safe lane trilane - [Tiny] - Pos 1
safe lane support - [Io] - pos 5
Jungler - [Enigma] - pos 4
Solo offlane - [Elder Titan] - pos 3

[Invoker] - Provides global presence with [Sun Strike], Crowd control with deafing blast, tornado, meteor combo and some push with fire spirits.
[Tiny] - Io tiny combo for more global presence and relocate ganks plus the damage output and stuns. also the Aghs upgrade will wreck people stuck in black hole.
[Elder Titan] - utility hero, able to offlane well and still get last hits overlay his ulti on enigmas and thats gg.
[Io] - floating fountain. relocate ganks. safelane harass with spirits. Io is God Bow before him.
[Enigma] - safelane jungler provides help in lane. good push with edilons. BKB dismissing ultimate. able to spread the XP gain out for the team and force split pushes.

also imagine that combo.

enigma blackhole with midnight pulse. EMP, Meteor. Elder titans Earth splitter through the middle. tiny mops up survivors ....

Ok Shoot!

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Eightfold » June 5, 2014 8:41pm | Report
Counter to Smuggel's draft

-Mid- Razor. Take a point in Static Link and no more last hits for Invoker.
-Safelane hard support- Disruptor. Those relocate ganks you were speaking of? Glimpse!
-safelane carry- lycanthrope. A midgame carry who's goal is to end early to prevent tiny from getting the kills/farms he needs.
-solo offlane semi-support- Windranger. A nice, long stun and an escape from the autoattacks of Tiny (until he's forced to get an mkb). and if the game goes late, she can take towers in seconds if undisturbed.
-jungle- Nature's Prophet. As far as I can tell, Smuggel's draft has no good answer to splitpush. A nature's profit will make them terrified to engage for fear of losing a tower. And since this team is screwed anyway when it comes to teamfighting, he can push without fear of losing a teamfight because he knows that he would lose it anyway.

Generally, this team is focused on pushing fast and pushing early, with a backup carry in lycanthrope, who can also push well. The AoE silence from Disruptor might also steer teamfights away from a total loss.
There's no earthy way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing, or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining, is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly Reaper mowing?! YES! The danger must be growing! For the rowers keep on rowing! And there's certainly not showing ANY SIGNS THAT THEY ARE SLOWING!

Hit that Rep button, you know you want to.

Eightfold

Notable (9)
Steam: Lord Indoril Nerevar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 5, 2014 9:22pm | Report
hmmm doesnt really work dude.

invoker is a magic output hero not a right clicker, once he gets euls he will just euls, sunstrike deafing blast meteor and thats a dead razor. razor would be more suited to static linking Tiny then anyone else.

disrupter is a good pick but no reliable stun and he would have to be in lane to counter relocate ganks and Io could just relocate near the end of tether. relocate into tree's wait 4 seconds and then leave tiny there and Glipse wouldnt work to the same effect. his aoe silence needs bad postioning by the enemy team to have a full effect and enigma usually sits at the back of fights as does invoker. plus you would need agh's to stop tiny as [Blink] is a core item on him. so he could just blink out of his ulti/kenitic field.

windranger doesnt have a "reliable" escape or stun. again it requires timing and positioning and she is only immune to right clicks so toss and stun still will effect her as well as spirits from Io. plus Malefice from enigma will go through it as well.

natures prophet is a good pick but it would require a lot of caution from the player as he has no reliable escape till shadow blade and even then 180 gold for dust and its a free kill. plus i can team fight with only enigma ,elder titan and invoker with long disables and decent damage output or i could force a team fight and mid way through Io can relocate Tiny to natures prophet kill him and come back to the team fight to finish off the survivors.

lycan is a solid pick as he can push from lvl 3 but again no reliable escape or stuns on him and no teamfight. elder titan can disable him under the tower with sleep in lane plus ElderT aura will really help with sunstrike early game.

i honestly dont think that counter darft is any good dude.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » June 6, 2014 12:02am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

hmmm doesnt really work dude.

invoker is a magic output hero not a right clicker, once he gets euls he will just euls, sunstrike deafing blast meteor and thats a dead razor. razor would be more suited to static linking Tiny then anyone else.

That's later on though, Razor beats a lot of Heroes in Lane. The only ones he doesn't beat are the ones that can break his Static Link with ease, e.g. Mirana, Queen of Pain, etc. or Flash Farmers like Dragon Knight, [[Shadow Fiend] etc.

Invoker is neither...unless you want Creep sauce on your Meatball?! 8{D
Smuggels wrote:

disrupter is a good pick but no reliable stun and he would have to be in lane to counter relocate ganks and Io could just relocate near the end of tether. relocate into tree's wait 4 seconds and then leave tiny there and Glipse wouldnt work to the same effect. his aoe silence needs bad postioning by the enemy team to have a full effect and enigma usually sits at the back of fights as does invoker. plus you would need agh's to stop tiny as [Blink] is a core item on him. so he could just blink out of his ulti/kenitic field.

Once again...no-Stun-DOTO -.-
Smuggels wrote:

windranger doesnt have a "reliable" escape or stun. again it requires timing and positioning and she is only immune to right clicks so toss and stun still will effect her as well as spirits from Io. plus Malefice from enigma will go through it as well.

The idea behind an Offlane Windranger is that she won't get close enough to Tiny to get Avalanched, she can Farm from afar with Powershot. She would be very difficult to catch out if she played smart.
Smuggels wrote:

natures prophet is a good pick but it would require a lot of caution from the player as he has no reliable escape till shadow blade and even then 180 gold for dust and its a free kill. plus i can team fight with only enigma ,elder titan and invoker with long disables and decent damage output or i could force a team fight and mid way through Io can relocate Tiny to natures prophet kill him and come back to the team fight to finish off the survivors.

It's greedy, but without any real Ganking potential before Io hit lvl6, he can comfortably Farm the Jungle for a while, not to mention Elder Titan is going to have to go DEEP to get any Wards up on him, otherwise, where will you Relocate to to kill him?
Smuggels wrote:

lycan is a solid pick as he can push from lvl 3 but again no reliable escape or stuns on him and no teamfight. elder titan can disable him under the tower with sleep in lane plus ElderT aura will really help with sunstrike early game.

i honestly dont think that counter darft is any good dude.

I'd say he has more early Pushing power than you can handle tbh 8{3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by FleetAU » June 6, 2014 12:45am | Report
alright, new draft:
mid- Skywrath Mage
solo offlane- Clockwerk
Hard Support- Vengeful Spirit
Semi Support- Sand King
Safelane carry- Luna

ins and outs:
Basically this setup will be focusing on picking off a hero before everyteam fight with Hookshot into Skywrath Mage ult, this will allow for very easy ganks on the offlane once skywrath hits 6, vengful spirit and Luna in a lane both with damage auras is realy nasty and their abilities synergize really well e.g swap- Black King Bar- Eclipse as well as the stuns being nice, Sand King offers amazing ganking potential and as both veng and sk are great gankers a lot of roaming should happen with this lineup. In addition the damage auras will give luna very good pushing capabilities while sand king can split push if needed.

Essentially this lineup is all about the early game kills (preferably on the carry) and from then on useing the great team-fight potential to force fights and picking off 1 or more heroes before the fight, once Skywrath Mage hits 16 and Clockwerk gets aghs they can gank almost constantly.

just to clarify sand king would be part of the tri-lane but mainly pulling, stacking and jungeling only coming in for ganks

Im hoping for an antimage in the counter draft so I can laugh
Do as I say, not what I do

FleetAU

Notable (16)
Steam: Fleet™

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved