Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Nature Doesnt Need a Midas to Make Profit (Pun Intended)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Nature Doesnt Need a Midas to Make Profit (Pun Intended) 16 posts - page 2 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 14, 2014 4:08am | Report
Want to push with your team? An early Mekansm is what you need. And then Necronomicon.

Want to push alone? Blink Dagger and Necronomicon, order doesn't matter.

Necronomicon >> Maelstrom for pushing.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 14, 2014 6:03am | Report
There are no Core Items on Profit imo. You can build him as a Split-Pushing Rat Hero, an early 5-man Pusher, or even as a Ganker. That's what makes Profit great, he's just so damn flexible, he can fit into most games easily <}3

It also means that to get the most out of him, you have to adapt your Item choices to suit the Situation.

Dagon

Unscathed wrote:

Bonus topic:

I am building a pushing Nature's Prophet. What do you guys think on rushing Blink Dagger after boots upgrade and a big item ( Necronomicon, etc...)

Rushing Blink Dagger is a good idea if you're going to be Split-Pushing, gives you the maneuverability needed to escape Ganks. You shouldn't be Pushing far out on your own without one (just keep the Creep Wave away from your Towers and you'll do fine).

If you're Pushing with your Team, then a Necronomicon/ Maelstrom would be better. Necronomicon if you Team has plenty of Damage in Teamfights, but little Pushing power, Maelstrom if they have less Damage, but can Burst the Tower down fairly quickly.
Timminatorr wrote:

I still dont like the null talisman blademail build, it doesnt fit his strenghts at all, and it will probably blow over after some prophets start playing him the proper way.

This ^
Hamstertamer wrote:

If you want early game presence there are very nice items called Mekansm and dagon, which do that job way better, especially since you can farm them faster than any other hero.

I wouldn't recommend Mekansm on a Nature's Prophet. Mekansm is meant for Heroes who can always be in the middle of Teamfights right from the start and still be alive to pop the Mek even if they get focused. Profit is neither of these things, and it's fairly often that he can achieve more by Split-Pushing than joining the fight (Nature's Wrath not counting).

Dagon is good though if you can get it fast enough and want to Deathball. Ganking the other side then 5 manning their Towers straight after means you won't nee Pushing Ites too badly, you just need a way to ensure you have Space to Push. That 400 Burst Damage is strong Early-Mid Game, but after that...

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » October 14, 2014 6:06am | Report
Rat dota is only one way of playing Furion, among many others.

Utility Furion works perfectly well in push strats. Mek/Necro/sheep, and you gank and push with your team.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » October 14, 2014 7:49am | Report
Should I get Medallion of Courage or Dagon? Or both?
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » October 14, 2014 9:13am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

Should I get Medallion of Courage

No, it's best to build bigger Items. If you really need Minus Armour, then get an Assault Cuirass or Desolator, these let you Push down Towers and Rosh faster.

Medallion only works on Rosh...when his "Linkens" is on Cooldown...
Unscathed wrote:

or Dagon?

Highly Situational, only ever get it if your biggest priority is zapping one person for 400 Damage, if 400 Damage is enough to make the difference between Killing them and being unable to Push
Unscathed wrote:

Or both?

Never both, Minus Armour + Magic Damage are 2 different things, you take them for different reasons, i.e. Pushing vs Ganking.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElitistWashingMachine » October 18, 2014 1:41pm | Report
The other reason why Hand of Midas is a waste: It's price. You can use that 2K on way better things as a Nature's Prophet
Steam Account
My favourite heroes are Clockwerk and Timbersaw, no h8 m8.

ElitistWashingMachine

Steam: Elite | Gunslinger

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved