Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83? 32 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » January 21, 2015 10:12pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

I actually... Don't play Windy as a DPS hero... xD

But... I assume Maelstrom is a good item on her, Focus Fire means lots of lightning. AFTER agh's, of course.

Before, you mean?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » January 21, 2015 10:15pm | Report
TheSofa wrote:

I actually... Don't play Windy as a DPS hero... xD

But... I assume Maelstrom is a good item on her, Focus Fire means lots of lightning. AFTER agh's, of course.

IMO Maelstrom should be gotten before aghs. But this is just something i'm used to do so...
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 21, 2015 11:53pm | Report

[*] Is Windy the highest dps hero compared to equal farm on any other hero?

No.
For example a Chaos Knight with drum as only item deals more DPS than a Windy with pretty much anything you build on her. Or an Ursa with no items will also out-DPS her easily.
As the game goes late a Clinkz will have almost maximum attack speed but since he also has two damage steroids he will out-DPS WR as well.
She's definitely close to the top, but she's not the top 1.
She is only top 1 if you go 6 Divine Rapiers.

[*] If so, how much farm and which items is she most effective with?

Blink Dagger, a damage item, and Aghanim's Scepter.
Black King Bar recommended.
Your damage item can be Maelstrom, Desolator or Daedalus.
Anything beyond this is luxury.

whether it would actually work in a high-skill game

It DOES work in high-skill games, it's actually the standard build in those games. 6-7K MMR players do this all the times and win games with it. Nobody plays support/utility WR anymore because it's just not very good.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 22, 2015 2:37am | Report
See hamster's guide lol.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by theMightyNugget » January 22, 2015 6:04am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Blink Dagger, a damage item, and Aghanim's Scepter.
Black King Bar recommended.
Your damage item can be Maelstrom, Desolator or Daedalus.
Anything beyond this is luxury.

Desolator is not preferable compared to any proc-based item. If you replaced your desolator choice with an MKB, you would get so much more damage.

Windranger BAT = 1.5

Attacks per second = 1.5 / (1+600/100), 7.5 attacks per second.

average of 2.6 Monkey King Bar procs/second, which adds up to an average 262.5 minibash damage + 660 bonus damage per second.

MKB = +922.5 dps (assuming you have Aghanim's Scepter at lvl. 16, and you get minibash exactly 35% or the time)

Desolator adds 450 raw dps plus another 29.6% damage increase due to armor reduction. you end up with an added 582.2 dps

That's 340 more dps you get from an MKB, plus the added benefit of destroying any abilities with evasion. (That's why Windy is so effective in most pubs I play. Phantom assassin is picked 95% of games). You could argue that deso is better since it works on buildings and is 1300g cheaper, but if we're trying to find the real damage dealing item, MKB is the winner hands down.

Sources: Liquidpedia, Dota 2 wiki.
Waiting on a better signature :3

in the meantime, be sure to read thoughtfully and +rep if I deserve.

theMightyNugget

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 22, 2015 10:16am | Report
That is not how you calculate dps. BAT is the base attack cooldown. You divide 1 by it, like this: 1/1.5 = (0.667 Attacks per Second).

Here is the damage calculation you wanted, updated for current version:

Spoiler: Click to view

Yes, this is a lot of damage towards that one target. It would be more with Deso over Mjollnir. However in most game, you would also want a scythe if the game goes on long enough.

For Comparison to some other carries:
More can be found here: http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/cuttleboss-guide-to-training-the-best-pseudo-hard-carry-10736#chapter11

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 22, 2015 10:22am | Report
I'd build WR with Aghanim's Scepter, Monkey King Bar, Abyssal Blade and double Daedalus. That's how I'd build a full DPS WR. You'll get way way more.
True in a real game you'll need either blink or BKB (or both). But just let's see her potential.

My version

@ Cuttleboss : you did an error when calculating bonus damage from crit. You need to multiply by 1.4 not 2.4 because crit only gives 1.4* the damage in BONUS damage because on a normal attack it already deals 1* the damage. 2.4-1 = 1.4. So actually your build has way less DPS.

She's the best DPS hero in the game if you go Aghanim's Scepter, Daedalus and triple Divine Rapier xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fumbles16x » January 22, 2015 10:47am | Report
Hamster is right about Diffusal Blade. The mana burn is useless because you end up killing them before you even burn half their mana most of the time. For instance, I bought it yesterday because there was a Wraith King on the enemy team. I was leaving him with roughly 60% mana every time he died the first time. I literally only bought it so I could leave him unable to use his ult, and it didn't work.

The best thing to do when playing a DPS wind is to focus the tank so you maximize lightning procs. Seriously, I've only played wind with Blink > Maelstrom > Aghs since I heard about this style and it works. You can get triple kills on whoever you focus plus the supports, just from procs alone. Basher is also amazing on her.

Fumbles16x

Notable (4)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 22, 2015 10:57am | Report
Oh I see. An error in my method, I failed to spot that the crit would override the original attack, I developed the calculation method before I took stats, lawl. I will need to find some time to fix up my Calculation database, as many of the carries use Daedalus.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 22, 2015 7:36pm | Report
Hey wasnt AS cap BUFFED to 600?

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved