Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83? 32 posts - page 1 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by theMightyNugget » January 20, 2015 8:15pm | Report
From what i've seen, carry Windranger has been popping up on youtube and in my pub games recently. I have started giving it a shot and was completely amazed. With the recent buff on maximum attack speed, a Windranger with [aghanims scepter] + mkb & Maelstrom seems to outclass any other carry with equal farm. Any ideas? Would other items like Diffusal Blade now be viable on this hero?
Waiting on a better signature :3

in the meantime, be sure to read thoughtfully and +rep if I deserve.

theMightyNugget

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 20, 2015 9:11pm | Report
diffusal blade is core on carry windy.I have been campaigning for carry wind since 6.79 :c

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » January 20, 2015 9:38pm | Report
I would avoid Wind in Position 1, due to the fact that despite the that stacked WR has 2000+ dps, it's only towards that target and in a teamfight, you'll only be able to focus fire 1, maybe 2 people down.

But yes, she does a lot of damage and uses farm very well. I did a calculation for her before the attack speed update (it can be found in my DK guide on my sig), and it's really quite fancy.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 20, 2015 10:32pm | Report
She's a semi-carry who relies on farming a few core items for ~15 mins and then snowballing off pickoffs with blink-shackle and pushing towers. You pick her because she wins her lane easily as a solo sidelane (allowing your team to have a jungler or trilane), she can make a lot of space. She's a position 3 or possibly 2 hero, see her as a Bounty Hunter or a Mirana for example.

She doesn't carry hard because she's purely single target so she can only kill ONE hero is a teamfight. Never ever play her as a position 1, it's utter game-throwing garbage that will just get you reported.

Diffusal Blade is a horrible item on WR because WR doesn't need agility AT ALL and Atos is just better.

Diffusal :
- 3150 gold
- +31 damage (25 from manaburn + 6 from INT)
- 600 range slow limited to 8 charges
- feel like Anti-Mage but who cares

Rod of Atos :
- 3100 gold
- +25 damage
- +325 (!!) HP
- 1200 (!!) range slow with no charge limit

Get Atos on her. How is that even a contest?

Highest DPS hero in the game? Not really. Don't forget that what scales best in this game are illusion heroes so Terrorblade is still the DPS lord of DotA.

Windranger is NOT Clinkz. Don't try to be a full DPS hard carry because it won't work. WR is all about landing good Shackleshots, her lane presence, and early fighting with Windrun. Don't try to be Clinkz with WR, if you want a safe lane carry with high DPS, just pick Clinkz.

She doesn't outclass any carry with equal farm, she only outclasses BAD carries. I tried it, a 3-slotted WR beats a 5-slotted Mirana or Sniper in a manfight. But that's just because Mirana and Sniper are horrible carries with no scaling whatsoever! Against a real SCALING carry like Terrorblade, Phantom Assassin or something, as soon as they get MKB, WR has no chance.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 20, 2015 11:05pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

She's a semi-carry who relies on farming a few core items for ~15 mins and then snowballing off pickoffs with blink-shackle. You pick her because she wins her lane easily as a solo sidelane (allowing your team to have a jungler or trilane), she can make a lot of space. She's a position 3 or possibly 2 hero, see her as a Bounty Hunter or a Mirana for example.

She doesn't carry hard because she's purely single target so she can only kill ONE hero is a teamfight. Never ever play her as a position 1, it's utter game-throwing garbage that will just get you reported.

Diffusal Blade is a horrible item on WR because WR doesn't need agility AT ALL and Atos is just better.

Diffusal :
- 3150 gold
- +31 damage (25 from manaburn + 6 from INT)
- 600 range slow limited to 8 charges
- feel like Anti-Mage but who cares

Rod of Atos :
- 3100 gold
- +25 damage
- +325 (!!) HP
- 1200 (!!) range slow with no charge limit

Get Atos on her. How is that even a contest?

Highest DPS hero in the game? Not really. Don't forget that what scales best in this game are illusion heroes so Terrorblade is still the DPS lord of DotA.

Windranger is NOT Clinkz. Don't try to be a full DPS hard carry because it won't work. WR is all about landing good Shackleshots, her lane presence, and early fighting with Windrun. Don't try to be Clinkz with WR, if you want a safe lane carry with high DPS, just pick Clinkz.

She doesn't outclass any carry with equal farm, she only outclasses BAD carries. I tried it, a 3-slotted WR beats a 5-slotted Mirana or Sniper in a manfight. But that's just because Mirana and Sniper are horrible carries with no scaling whatsoever! Against a real SCALING carry like Terrorblade, Phantom Assassin or something, as soon as they get MKB, WR has no chance.

aghs mkb WR.
There, solved.
Wanna fight illusions early game? maelstrom.
WAnna fight them late game? shivas guard.
I fyou think my ginger girl cant carry , you are wrong.
I dont care about terrorblade(i do, hes the top carry on my list).
What will he do, where will he farm when windy takes all their towers? Isnt that how terrorblade operates? Eat towers, get your items, wipe team and take throne?
More importantly, WINDRANGER DOESNT TAKE 40 minutes to farm. I get an aghs and i can start pushing(aghs push is better, but you can still push without it) towers more or less taking them down. Windy is not a manfight carry. She is a pushing carry, those who are not seen but calmly do their jobs eating structures.

You underestimate diffusal too. Not that you are wrong with maths, but IT IS A PURGE FOR GODS SAKES.
If you are wise enough you can always get off a shackle shot off for full duration.

Clinkz eats ****. Windy is not clinkz. True dat.

Kill ONE HERO? how about that hero be the carry? or the initiator? You won the fight even before it started.

I am not saying you manfight, YOU SMART FIGHT. You are not one rogue sven who is a meatgrinder. If you wanna grind meat you use machines(LOL).

She DOES NOT NEED POSITION 1 farm. She can pull it off just by ganking after offlaning. Even against a trilane, she gets creep scores by using her W., even pulling off some occasional harass.

Stop thinking of her as a conventional carry. Shes not mano e mano types. Her hands are soft and she shouldnt sully them.

Now imma WR fanboy and new to dota so you can start the thrashing.

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 20, 2015 11:39pm | Report

aghs mkb WR.
There, solved.
Wanna fight illusions early game? maelstrom.
WAnna fight them late game? shivas guard.
I fyou think my ginger girl cant carry , you are wrong.
I dont care about terrorblade(i do, hes the top carry on my list).
What will he do, where will he farm when windy takes all their towers? Isnt that how terrorblade operates? Eat towers, get your items, wipe team and take throne?
More importantly, WINDRANGER DOESNT TAKE 40 minutes to farm. I get an aghs and i can start pushing(aghs push is better, but you can still push without it) towers more or less taking them down. Windy is not a manfight carry. She is a pushing carry, those who are not seen but calmly do their jobs eating structures.

You underestimate diffusal too. Not that you are wrong with maths, but IT IS A PURGE FOR GODS SAKES.
If you are wise enough you can always get off a shackle shot off for full duration.

Clinkz eats ****. Windy is not clinkz. True dat.

Kill ONE HERO? how about that hero be the carry? or the initiator? You won the fight even before it started.

I am not saying you manfight, YOU SMART FIGHT. You are not one rogue sven who is a meatgrinder. If you wanna grind meat you use machines(LOL).

She DOES NOT NEED POSITION 1 farm. She can pull it off just by ganking after offlaning. Even against a trilane, she gets creep scores by using her W., even pulling off some occasional harass.

Stop thinking of her as a conventional carry. Shes not mano e mano types. Her hands are soft and she shouldnt sully them.

Now imma WR fanboy and new to dota so you can start the thrashing.

Anything that has MKB poops on her. TB can stack himself jungle camps with his own illusions and always have a head-start. By the time WR gets to level say 8 (since if you get Focus Fire at 6 you shouln't be playing her at all), TB already takes down the 2 towers on his original lane and you see him rolling with manta, full boots, and drums 20 mins in while WR will maybe have phase and the beggining of a new item(either just saving for blink or getting a force staff).

You're better off getting deso if you want to semi carry with her, and maybe a linken's in case there's a Doom on the enemy team. All this before the core initiation stuff.

She even loses to Mirana if she gets off a full duration arrow and she has an MKB.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 21, 2015 12:27am | Report
Nah, please, WR has 10 times the carry potential Mirana will ever have.

True, in a real match, if Mirana arrows WR, WR is dead, but if WR blink-shackles Mirana, she's dead too so it's even.
Besides in a real match WR has either sheep or abyssal while Mirana only builds DPS so it's completely rigged in WR's favor.

In a pure DPS battle a 3-slotted WR beats a 5-slotted Mirana. I tested it!

- WR with Aghs, MKB and crit

versus

- Mirana with Deso, Bfly, MKB, crit and Mjollnir

It's a bit random because of the crits but in average WR wins.

And if you give basher/abyssal to WR...it's completely unfair.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 21, 2015 12:39am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Nah, please, WR has 10 times the carry potential Mirana will ever have.

True, in a real match, if Mirana arrows WR, WR is dead, but if WR blink-shackles Mirana, she's dead too so it's even.
Besides in a real match WR has either sheep or abyssal while Mirana only builds DPS so it's completely rigged in WR's favor.

In a pure DPS battle a 3-slotted WR beats a 5-slotted Mirana. I tested it!

- WR with Aghs, MKB and crit

versus

- Mirana with Deso, Bfly, MKB, crit and Mjollnir

It's a bit random because of the crits but in average WR wins.

And if you give basher/abyssal to WR...it's completely unfair.

I never said otherwise.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » January 21, 2015 1:20am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

Anything that has MKB poops on her. TB can stack himself jungle camps with his own illusions and always have a head-start. By the time WR gets to level say 8 (since if you get Focus Fire at 6 you shouln't be playing her at all), TB already takes down the 2 towers on his original lane and you see him rolling with manta, full boots, and drums 20 mins in while WR will maybe have phase and the beggining of a new item(either just saving for blink or getting a force staff).

You're better off getting deso if you want to semi carry with her, and maybe a linken's in case there's a Doom on the enemy team. All this before the core initiation stuff.

She even loses to Mirana if she gets off a full duration arrow and she has an MKB.

well if you let tb get two towers, manta and full boots by 20 mins without pressuring him, you asked for it.

WULFY-CHUAN!!!!!!, WHY YOU NO LOVE WINDY?? YOU SHOULD SIDE WITH ME!!!!!!!
pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls, just this once.

otherwise i will cry!!!!!! You dont even reply to my posts. do you hate me wulfy samaaaa?????

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 21, 2015 2:19am | Report

well if you let tb get two towers, manta and full boots by 20 mins without pressuring him, you asked for it.

WULFY-CHUAN!!!!!!, WHY YOU NO LOVE WINDY?? YOU SHOULD SIDE WITH ME!!!!!!!
pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls, just this once.

otherwise i will cry!!!!!! You dont even reply to my posts. do you hate me wulfy samaaaa?????

I am replying right now.

I love Windy, don't get me wrong, but you're liking ger for what she is not. This kind of love was just like inbetwen me and my ex.

I love her for what she is : excellent utility and high SEMI carry pottential. But she can't be more than that. That's it. Trust me, I tried. Both with my ex and Windy.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/102970748/matches?date=&faction=&hero=windranger&lobby_type=&game_mode=&region=&duration=

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved