Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83? 32 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 21, 2015 3:20am | Report
the blank state.Me like your name wulfy-chan.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » January 21, 2015 3:38am | Report
Please don't get diffusal on WR because it's terrible on her, if you want to **** magic just get orchid or sheepstick on her, slow is not needed because you already have a stun. If you need purge just get eul's, it can set up your shackle too.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » January 21, 2015 3:40am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

the blank state.Me like your name wulfy-chan.

Thank you. It also means a new/fresh begining.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cataclysm2146 » January 21, 2015 2:20pm | Report
She has high dps, sure, but she has no way to quickly down a big bunch of heroes in a fight. Also her focus fire can be negated by ethereal form, and her damage isn't near-instant like, say, morph's shotgun combo. This gives enemies time to focus her and take her down.

Cataclysm2146

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Blubbles » January 21, 2015 3:32pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

She's a semi-carry who relies on farming a few core items for ~15 mins and then snowballing off pickoffs with blink-shackle and pushing towers. You pick her because she wins her lane easily as a solo sidelane (allowing your team to have a jungler or trilane), she can make a lot of space. She's a position 3 or possibly 2 hero, see her as a Bounty Hunter or a Mirana for example.

She doesn't carry hard because she's purely single target so she can only kill ONE hero is a teamfight. Never ever play her as a position 1, it's utter game-throwing garbage that will just get you reported.

Diffusal Blade is a horrible item on WR because WR doesn't need agility AT ALL and Atos is just better.

Diffusal :
- 3150 gold
- +31 damage (25 from manaburn + 6 from INT)
- 600 range slow limited to 8 charges
- feel like Anti-Mage but who cares

Rod of Atos :
- 3100 gold
- +25 damage
- +325 (!!) HP
- 1200 (!!) range slow with no charge limit

Get Atos on her. How is that even a contest?

Highest DPS hero in the game? Not really. Don't forget that what scales best in this game are illusion heroes so Terrorblade is still the DPS lord of DotA.

Windranger is NOT Clinkz. Don't try to be a full DPS hard carry because it won't work. WR is all about landing good Shackleshots, her lane presence, and early fighting with Windrun. Don't try to be Clinkz with WR, if you want a safe lane carry with high DPS, just pick Clinkz.

She doesn't outclass any carry with equal farm, she only outclasses BAD carries. I tried it, a 3-slotted WR beats a 5-slotted Mirana or Sniper in a manfight. But that's just because Mirana and Sniper are horrible carries with no scaling whatsoever! Against a real SCALING carry like Terrorblade, Phantom Assassin or something, as soon as they get MKB, WR has no chance.

ManaBurn is the key of Diffusal. You can take health AND mana, so paired up with insane attack speed, you can drain nearly all of a heores mana in a matter of seconds.
Mood of the Day

-_-

Blubbles

Notable (13)
Steam: Axolotl
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » January 21, 2015 4:52pm | Report
And...what's the point of burning mana? With a damage item like a deso or something she melts any hero in 2 seconds anyways. You want to kill heroes with your ult not burn their mana xD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 21, 2015 5:11pm | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I am replying right now.

I love Windy, don't get me wrong, but you're liking ger for what she is not. This kind of love was just like inbetwen me and my ex.

I love her for what she is : excellent utility and high SEMI carry pottential. But she can't be more than that. That's it. Trust me, I tried. Both with my ex and Windy.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/102970748/matches?date=&faction=&hero=windranger&lobby_type=&game_mode=&region=&duration=

god wulf u so MLG me ded now.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » January 21, 2015 7:08pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

And...what's the point of burning mana? With a damage item like a deso or something she melts any hero in 2 seconds anyways. You want to kill heroes with your ult not burn their mana xD

Aghanim's Scepter > Desolator

No 30% Reduction and quarters the Cooldown. <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by theMightyNugget » January 21, 2015 7:33pm | Report
Hey guys, glad to see all the different opinions :) I think what you guys didn't understand about my post is I wasn't interested in practicality or your fancy dotabuff accounts or anything. If I wanted build info I would have posted this somewhere else.
I wanted to know:
  • Is Windy the highest dps hero compared to equal farm on any other hero?
  • If so, how much farm and which items is she most effective with?

I know that agi hardcarries will dominate in the lategame. I was interested in the math and farm on a carry Windranger, not whether it would actually work in a high-skill game. Hope this helps.
Waiting on a better signature :3

in the meantime, be sure to read thoughtfully and +rep if I deserve.

theMightyNugget

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » January 21, 2015 8:43pm | Report
I actually... Don't play Windy as a DPS hero... xD

But... I assume Maelstrom is a good item on her, Focus Fire means lots of lightning. AFTER agh's, of course.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved