Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Is Windranger really the highest damaging carry 6.83? 32 posts - page 4 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 22, 2015 8:00pm | Report

Desolator is not preferable compared to any proc-based item. If you replaced your desolator choice with an MKB, you would get so much more damage.

Windranger BAT = 1.5

Attacks per second = 1.5 / (1+600/100), 7.5 attacks per second.

average of 2.6 Monkey King Bar procs/second, which adds up to an average 262.5 minibash damage + 660 bonus damage per second.

MKB = +922.5 dps (assuming you have Aghanim's Scepter at lvl. 16, and you get minibash exactly 35% or the time)

Desolator adds 450 raw dps plus another 29.6% damage increase due to armor reduction. you end up with an added 582.2 dps

That's 340 more dps you get from an MKB, plus the added benefit of destroying any abilities with evasion. (That's why Windy is so effective in most pubs I play. Phantom assassin is picked 95% of games). You could argue that deso is better since it works on buildings and is 1300g cheaper, but if we're trying to find the real damage dealing item, MKB is the winner hands down.

Sources: Liquidpedia, Dota 2 wiki.

The armor reduction is wrong.The % increase in damage reduces as the base value of armor reduction increases.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dE3H2HkXzgKYvitS0MMAbd1ItDJk2o4j41n1dLxj0sE/edit?usp=drive_web

This calculation is done for my naga guide, but it is still very relevant :)

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 23, 2015 1:32am | Report
Diffusal Blade useless?

Well it deserves a situational spot against *****es like dusa.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved