Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Difusal Morph

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Difusal Morph 37 posts - page 2 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 16, 2015 1:31pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Does it ? Can you prove with math that manta is overpower dps item in 6.85 ? that outclass itens like Sange yasha and Butterfly ? Can you prove there is more heroes of the meta that are not split pushers doing this item( ik: Magina, Alchemis and Naga Siren)?
Agree with you that Medusa is the ultimate orb carry, but do you know that the top Medusa player in dotabuff just build Sange and Yasha and almost never manta ? he also build difussal when purge is needed
And i know morph has a low range atack but then you can just build the sange yasha thing, the thing of the patch

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 16, 2015 1:35pm | Report
The broken item of the patch? 3 patches ago it was widely deemed one of the trashiest items in the game, bot then TW stepped into the highlight and suddenly everybody remembered that this item exists and how great it is with Skadi.

Also SnY will never be a new Skadi because it was and will always be a Skadi for hobos because the only advantages it has over skadi are chasing ability and ease of buildup especially compared to how ridiculously hard it is to get Skadi.

I really don't get why would you prefer SnY over Manta on Morph when it's like 50% DPS boost for him since he build AGI almost exclusively.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 16, 2015 1:45pm | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

Nobody above 2k bracket rushes Linken's on Weaver or Morphling anyway lol. ANd if you have to use purge defensively, that's what manta is for, duh. Like, Morph is the hero who has highest AGI in his 6 slot build, why would not Manta be a top tier DPS slot on him when it only makes sense on heroes with a lot of AGI anyway. Besides with Manta the only way to catch Morph splitpushing is Doom or Blink+chainstun and insane burst(which usually includes 3+ heroes worth of DPS to bring him down before he gets to use Replicate).

As much as I dislike Manta purchased earlier than 5/6th slot, it makes perfect sense to get it 2/3rd on Morph.

the thing is if you dont build linken, you have to build something to purge silences his main weakness, but then you have a 45 seconds purge on manta BECAUSE you are ranged, and you have a 0 cooldown purge with difussal blade
Anyway when the enemy have doom or blink + chainstun is the time you forget about both Difussal and manta and then you rush your linken after the etheral + boots one

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 16, 2015 1:48pm | Report
Why would you need a purge more often than every 45 seconds? If there are a lot of silences ****ing you up then you either go split with Manta or get a BKB. His weakness to silences isn't nearly his main problem especially with items he usually gets.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 16, 2015 1:51pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

Manta Style makes you actually lose DPS and EHP on Medusa

For Medusa, that's actually a perfectly fair point. Dusa has mediocre stats, and she synergizes far better with DPS items than she synergizes with illusions. Pure stat items like Eye of Skadi are awesome on her because they make her incredibly tanky, but in terms of damage output, the fact that illusions have Split Shot doesn't justify on its own a Manta Style build, because staight-up DPS will always be better. Dusa has no more illusion synergy than any single-target ranged right-clicker does.

For the same reason that e.g a Shadow Fiend will get far more DPS out of a Butterfly or Moon Shard than a manta, Dusa will also get way more DPS from those items than from a manta.

And the dispel from manta isn't very good on Dusa since 1) it's useless against Heaven's Halberd and 2) Black King Bar is core on her anyways. *core*. Otherwise you just get constantly hit by halberds and stuns in the middle of teamfights where your hero belongs, or you get rekt by Nyx's, Lions and KOTL's in fights when you should be the one dumpstering them after you get farmed.

Essentially when you realize that a Dusa with a Moon Shard and an Eye of Skadi is already an insanely strong midgame fighter while also being an ultra-fast farmer with Split Shot, you don't want to make manta on her anymore : DPS + Skadi + BKB >> manta.

Or you go Blink Dagger Dusa after skadi, to be unkiteable, ungankable, and farm ultra fast.

( Luna is a bit different from Dusa because despite not having a better manta synergy than dusa, cats need to go fast. Luna is hard to kite with bonus MS, while Dusa is extremely kiteable anyways unless she goes dagger or something)

YellulzQuiet wrote:

and Morphling

This, however, is nonsense.

Morphling has *by far* the highest agility in the game, and he's a purely stat based hero. This means that manta illusions will hit ultra hard. Manta illusions deal 28% of his stats in damage and since morph only builds stats and no damage items so it's a total of 56% increased DPS. Compare to Daedalus crit which is only a 35% DPS increase. And unlike crit, the DPS increase works on towers, so it's incredibly useful to split push.

Manta is one of the best *damage* items on Morph. Manta + skadi is the "core" build on Morphling because by the time you get skadi you can morph full agility and still sit at ~1400 HP, and your manta illusions hit ultra hard. See manta as an improved Daedalus that works on towers. It's really core on the hero, and it's the reason why Morph is so unfair in the late game, since he can summon high damage manta illusions that wreck your towers. I won many games with Morphling simply thanks to manta illusions, it's really a main part of the hero.

Linken's Sphere is an ultra situational item on Morph when split pushing against heroes like BM, Bat, LC or Pudge, or in the late game when facing sheepsticks. It's only good in about 1 game out of 10....and absolutely trash in 3/4 of games. You don't need linkens for the mana regen since skadi gives far more mana pool, and regen is wasted on Morph since he can use his ult to TP to base and refill. Do not go linkens on morph unless you absolutely need the active, always go Manta/Skadi.

YellulzQuiet wrote:

Nowadays about 6.83 the main use of this item is Purge silences, and farming/splitpush if you have something like a radiance, but no use to atack towers or enemys
In the 6.85 meta, i believe since you can now purge silences with 0 cooldown then difussal could be a thing as it gives a insane agi amount and a amazing manaburn.Pros just build manta in antimage cause silences **** your blink and in alchemist/naga radiance thing

It's not that diffusal is bad, it's just that manta is core on the hero because of the damage output it gives you so you don't need another item to purge yourself. Diffusal has far lower damage output for the cost than manta on Morph.

And all that Anti-Mage ever does is attack towers with manta illusions, manta *is* an item to push towers :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 16, 2015 2:16pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

the thing is if you dont build linken, you have to build something to purge silences his main weakness

You have 5 diferent options for this:-

Black King Bar, Diffusal Blade, Eul's Scepter of Divinity, Lnken's Sphere, Manta Style

Gonna skip obligatory page long rant and just say:-
  • Get Black King Bar if you're being targetted in fights
  • Get Linken's Sphere if you're being targetted in fights by Spells that pierce Magic Immunity
  • Get Eul's if you're problem is Silence/Root/anything dispellable and/or want to Purge Buffs from the other Team ( Doom, Fiend's Grip, etc.) / are easy to land before you can activate BKB
  • Get Manta when you're going full Agility and want more Physical DPS (there are limits to Shotgun)
  • Get Diffusal Blade when you need a Slow, and offensive and/or defensive Purge

If Cooldowns are an issue, avoid fighting until you're ready to do so using Replicate. 45 Seconds is only 5 seconds longer than Wave of Terror or Call Down, certainly long enough to create space for.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » November 16, 2015 2:23pm | Report
People are just yelling cause i say Manta is not the best on Morphling this patch as illusions are nerfed.
My main point is not Diffusal vs manta in the DPS, both are great, with manta far more, but in defensive thing, you can abuse diffusal purge when manta have a 45 seconds cooldown, i truly believe Icefrog is trying to make diffusal the manta for the ranged agi heroes(and not in case of omnikignht and warlock, icefrog already nerfed diffusal not killing invoked units anymoar) but we will have to see 6.86 for that one :)

also why not making both on morph guy ? bots-skadi-etheral-manta-difusal-butterfly/bkb seems nice for morph, we should remember that morph is as good as Brewmaster this patch but a change in his item build can make him meta

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 16, 2015 5:06pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

People are just yelling cause i say Manta is not the best on Morphling this patch as illusions are nerfed.
My main point is not Diffusal vs manta in the DPS, both are great, with manta far more, but in defensive thing, you can abuse diffusal purge when manta have a 45 seconds cooldown, i truly believe Icefrog is trying to make diffusal the manta for the ranged agi heroes(and not in case of omnikignht and warlock, icefrog already nerfed diffusal not killing invoked units anymoar) but we will have to see 6.86 for that one :)

also why not making both on morph guy ? bots-skadi-etheral-manta-difusal-butterfly/bkb seems nice for morph, we should remember that morph is as good as Brewmaster this patch but a change in his item build can make him meta

Your theory would have credibility except for the fact that diffusal's mana burn is less effective on ranged heroes. But let's look at it this way;

-Diffusal is only partially a stat item with no defensive stats outside of the purge, whereas Morphling's other items generally give a bit of Strength and if they don't, the items have a lot of synergy with the hero's abilities (talking about manta and Eblade)

-Basically, you don't get Diffusal on Morph for the same reason you don't get it on Terrorblade - gives no HP, the mana burn is less effective, and you don't really need the DPS it provides anyway.

By the way Dimony, what's up with the hate on Manta earlier than a 5th or 6th item? Maybe I just splitpush more than you. 2nd item on PL, 3rd on Naga (formerly 2nd before octarine), 2nd item on Morphling, FIRST item on Terrorblade, 2nd item on Spectre, 3rd item on CK (and the other two cost less than 3k). On most heroes that get manta as core, it's got synergy with their skillset that make it valuable early in the item progression.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2015 5:15am | Report
For Phantom Lancer(especially the reworked one) the main sources of damage before he gets 4+ slots is his Lance + the Main hero and ilusion manaburn damage. On their own illusions deal 17%(0% on practice) AGI damage, one Manta illusion is about 2 times as strong, but math teaches us that two times the zero is still zero. And on the defensive part, you already have Diffusal purge, and Skadi at that point gives way more survivability and more damage too. It's a leftover from the old PL who has great illusions even early-midgame and couldn't get Skadi anyway so no adequate all-around booster item for him except Manta existed back in that time.

Have nothing against Yasha on the hero after Vlad's and Diffusal, but I don't think upgrading it to Manta is worth it.

Manta 3rd on rat Naga is very good if you actually get to use that purge, otherwise I'd go for other items.

For second Morph item I think it's too way early unless you go full rat and full AGI and the first item you bought was BoTs... but that's literally the gameruin tier build now, you don't have enough waveclear(ayy lmao what a ****ty pun) and burst tower damage so nithing prevents enemies from just getting your rax down while you're pretty much useless. Ofc if you are playing some unorganized pub ****fest or it is a ResidentSleeper type of game it's a godsend build.

Dunno about Terablade, I don't understand this hero well so not gonna go into him itembuilds.

For Spectre Manta is surely good after Radi but again only if you get to use the Purge against Breaks and stuff like [{Frostbite]], Overgrowth or Searing Chains. Otherwise I'go for more offensive items.

For CK I honestly don't understand Manta on this hero this early. Instead of getting some brawling-type stuff to actually be good more often that 32 seconds(or how long does his ulti last) in more than two minutes they get more illusions that don't even have justifable damage and cost a hell lot of mana for CK to summon. I dunno maybe that's the same guys who get early Manta on him and then complain how he's **** lmao.

Manta wielder hero pool is a lot wider than that btw. Jugg, Troll, Ember(really dislike this item on Ember) are the first who come to mind. I was talking more about Manta being pretty redundant on those heroes rather than peeps like Naga or Terablyat.

Quoted:

Don't compare these heroes, Brew is nowhere near Morph in terms of games being winnable with him. You just have to get ulti-oriented playstyle out of habit and remember how awesome his other abilities actually are, plus build stuff like SnY and Basher so he can fight outside of ulti - he has crazy burst-disable combo with rightclick items + jinada + clap + beer + some RNG-MLG crits.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 17, 2015 6:20am | Report
I just did the math. Manta Style on a purely stat-based hero (that is, a hero that builds only agility items and never builds damage or attack speed items) is ALWAYS better than Butterfly in terms of DPS, as long as your agility is above...37.

On a 150 agility Morphling, manta gives 22% more DPS than butterfly.
On a 250 agility Morphling, it's 31% more DPS.

The more agility you have, the stronger manta is compared to DPS items.

So manta is absolute core on Morphling. In every game, because it's the best damage item on the hero by far. And since once you have skadi you can morph full agility, you can get it as a second item. The math has spoken :)

The only issue with manta is that on heroes that have a significant portion of their DPS come from raw attack speed or damage items and not from stats (like MKB, bfly, crit, BKB, etc), and have low agility on top of this, manta is not necessary the optimal item.

But still, anyone who thinks that manta is a bad item is just smoking weed.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved