Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Difusal Morph

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Difusal Morph 37 posts - page 3 of 4
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 17, 2015 6:33am | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

My main point is not Diffusal vs manta in the DPS, both are great, with manta far more, but in defensive thing, you can abuse diffusal purge when manta have a 45 seconds cooldown

Xyrus wrote:

If Cooldowns are an issue, avoid fighting until you're ready to do so using Replicate. 45 Seconds is only 5 seconds longer than Wave of Terror or Call Down, certainly long enough to create space for.

I'll try explaining this a little more then:-

When deciding if you want to look for/join/prepare for/etc. a Teamfight, you have to consider what both sides can do. How many Heroes can be preesent at the team? How long will it take any others to join? How many ways do they have of Initiating and Counter-Initiating, if one side successfully Initiates, how will they follow it up? etc. etc. Depending on the situation you may be able to deal with Manta Style's Cooldown, e.g. you have Aegis of the Immortal and are fine with dying once.

You also have to consider whether it's worth your time fighting, or Split-Pushing, trading Towers, slowing down a Push, etc.

If you need 45 seconds to be able to fight, then create space and play defensively. If you can't do that for 45 seconds, your issue is that your Team lacks Map Control, e.g. (you can't stop a Split-Pushing Profit, they are 5-manning your Towers and you can't Push fast enough to trade evenly nor are you powerful enough to fight them, etc.).
YellulzQuiet wrote:

also why not making both on morph guy ? bots-skadi-etheral-manta-difusal-butterfly/bkb seems nice for morph, we should remember that morph is as good as Brewmaster this patch but a change in his item build can make him meta

It's fine to build Manta Style after Diffusal Blade, if you're in a situation where you need Diffusal Blade. The Slow from the Purge certainly helps your Illusions to keep up with some Heroes this way.
Hamstertamer wrote:

I just did the math. Manta Style on a purely stat-based hero (that is, a hero that builds only agility items and never builds damage or attack speed items) is ALWAYS better than Butterfly in terms of DPS, as long as your agility is above...37.

On a 150 agility Morphling, manta gives 22% more DPS than butterfly.
On a 250 agility Morphling, it's 31% more DPS.

The more agility you have, the stronger manta is compared to DPS items.

So manta is absolute core on Morphling. In every game, because it's the best damage item on the hero by far. And since once you have skadi you can morph full agility, you can get it as a second item. The math has spoken :)

Show your working or you're discredited! NOW! <|8{D

Offtopic:-
Dimonychan wrote:

Manta 3rd on rat Naga is very good if you actually get to use that purge, otherwise I'd go for other items.

You get Manta Style on Naga for the same reason as the Rat based Aghs farming Alch build:-

More Space. More Farm. More Rat!

With Mirror Image, your Illusions last 30 seconds, so you can send them to Farm somewhere you don't want to go yourself (usually the Jungle, but it could also be Lane that's being heavily pressured by the other team). With Manta Style, you can also continue to Push the Lane after you Boots of Travel to a new location or use it to scout ahead while using Mirror Image Illusions to Farm. It doesn't stop Smoke of Deceit Ganks, but the more vision you have on the map, the harder it is to Smoke without being completely obvious.

There's a surprisingly big difference between having 3 Illusions and having 5 Illusions.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 17, 2015 6:44am | Report
DPS = damage * attack speed

Techically you need to divide by 100*base attack time, but since we're talking about the same hero we can just compare the above quantity.

Call A the hero's agility before buying an item.

On a purely stat based hero, damage = 20 + agility. The 20 is about the average of the base damage when you substract the damage gotten from agility. It's 10 on some heroes, 30 for some others, etc.

Attack speed = 100 + agility.

Manta illusions multiply DPS by 1.56 (2*28% = 56%)

Manta : +26 damage, +41 attack speed
Bfly : +60 damage, +60 attack speed

DPS (bfly) = (dmg+60)(attack speed+60) = (80+A)(160+A) = 12800 + 240A + A²

DPS (manta) = 1.56*(dmg+26)(attack speed+41) = 1.56*(46+A)(141+A) = 10118 + 291A + 1.56 A²

Comparing the two quantities gives a second degree equation that shows that DPS (bfly) > DPS (manta) if and only if A<37

Just plug in values of A to calculate the two quantities for usual AGI values :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2015 6:54am | Report
Mirror Image illusions are sufficient for abusing illusion burn, those 2 extra that also last a pitiful 20 seconds do too little to get a 5k gold worth item for them. If you don't need purge/invulnerability period then you don't need Manta either.

Quoted:
Show your working or you're discredited -_-

What working? It's a no-brainer that a coefficient of your total DPS will give more return than a flat(ok it's not actually flat, but a coefficient still makes better use of scaling) DPS increase with increase of base value(DPS).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 17, 2015 7:00am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

It's a no-brainer that a coefficient of your total DPS will give more return than a flat(ok it's not actually flat, but a coefficient still makes better use of scaling) DPS increase with increase of base value(DPS).

It's obvious that if you have high agility on a stat-based hero manta is better damage output than DPS items.

What is not obvious however is that it's already the case at low AGI values, since you only need more than 37 agility for it to be like this.

This means that getting early manta on stat-based heroes is always a good build, because even then it's still the best damage item they can buy.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2015 7:10am | Report
You're forgetting the fact that Manta doesn't give you 56% agi^2 DPS but rather 2 illusions that do 26 agi^2 DPS each and are squishy as **** without proper mix of str and agi pumped into them. They are also more clumsy and move slower and that's a huge factor. If Manta just gave this huge DPS to my main hero I'd rush it everyday, but it doesn't.

You're also ignoring the fact that other usual AGI items provide other bonuses aside from flat DPS. Butterfly gives you evasion and chasing ability. Skadi gives chasing, manfight and survivability. Manta, aside from dispel, DPS illusions and 10% bonus MS doesn't give anything. Dispel is a huge thing, but 10% bonus MS will hardly make a difference before you and your illusions being kited or not since you have no disable(that's why early Manta on Luna suck too IMO).

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 17, 2015 7:47am | Report
- Free purge : immunity to silence and most debuffs
- Free disjoint : immunity to any projectile skill in the game
- Movement speed

Actually manta gives far more benefits than other damage items. That's why there are a lot of manta Ember Spirits in competitive despite the item being absolute trash on the hero in terms of damage : they build it only for the purge and the disjoint.

It even protects you from skills that are not disjointable because of the invulnerability period.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2015 8:21am | Report
I don't see how a single dispel/dodge brings more utility to an average fight than a constantly working slow or evasion. Of course there can be spells that ruin the fight for your hero but they are usually undisjointable and unpurgable( Doom, Fiend's Grip, Viper Strike). The active is invaluable when you're splitpushing but it's pretty supbar in teamfight against most spells since it;s not that easy to burst you down in a fight with all the defensive items/abilities your allies may have and its not so easy to escape after activating Manta as well. Movement speed gives an even lesser impact because chasing is not about your speed but about the difference between yours and opponents' speed and Morph can't reduce his opponent's speed until he gets Skadi so I wouldn't rush manta on him anyway.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » November 17, 2015 8:57am | Report
The movespeed isn't nessicarily about chasing but about farm speed instead? It makes you move across the map faster, and thus farm faster because you spend less time walking. Admittedly Yasha does that well enough, and casual Yasha is a really good item. But it's part of the reason you see it on say Naga Siren.

Also you can dodge Viper Strike strike with Manta Style fyi; You have an invunerability period, so it can't affect you. Or at least it didn't a while ago, since I remember seeing a game where RTZ dodge a Viper Strike and an RP with the same Manta.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 17, 2015 9:14am | Report
We are talking about utility of agi DPS items in a fight, not in game generally because in-game it depends entirely on the hero. 10% MS boost is a fairly little boost to your farming anyway, never made a noticeable difference for me.

I know it can be dodged, I meant that it's only unpurgable. It's not like you will always be able to react in time, let alone be able to do it at all - shift-queued blink and stun is pretty hard to dodge, I'd normally take you the time worth of stun's cast point just to realize what's happening. That's all semantics ofc but for average human recting to stuff like that would.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 17, 2015 12:43pm | Report
Xyrus, you get manta on Alchemist because he has no way of creating illusions himself. More than 3 illusions on Naga are a waste because she nas nothing to do with them. If she gets Octocore as well, then the illusions (I think) last longer than the cooldown of the ability.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved