Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Public: Post your Buff/Nerf Idea Here

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Hero & Item Ideas » Public: Post your Buff/Nerf Idea Here 23 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 25, 2014 4:16am | Report
Bristleback base movement speed changed from 295 to 305

Vendetta now removes the struck target's magic resistance for 3 seconds

Hunter in the Night will make night stalker invisible if he did not attack/be attacked for the last 25 seconds

Reaper's Scythe death duration rescaled to 10/20/30

Smoke Screen move slow and attack slow increased to 55% and 40.
Smoke Screen now reduces the target's turn rate by 0.4
Smoke Screen cooldown increased to 16
Smoke Screen mana cost rescaled to a stable 90

Mana Leak cast range rescaled to a fixed 800

Blood Rite now disarms affected units for the same duration
Rupture duration reduced to 8

Track wont break invisibility when cast

False Promise now requires aghs for the double heal bonus

Wrath of Nature bounce on creeps will nowi ncrease damage by only 4%
Wrath of Nature aghs bounce increased from 18 to 26

Treant Protector base INT increased from 17 to 22
Treant Protector base armor increased from 1 to 3
Nature's Guise mana cost reduced to 40
Nature's Guise cooldown rescaled from 10/8/6/4 to a stable 4
Leech Seed slow changed from 28% to 45% which would gradually recover by 0.5% for every 0.5 seconds.

That is all from me for now. Post your suggestions here.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 25, 2014 5:10am | Report
Tinker

March of the Machines can now damage ancients again, however it is blocked by Black King Bar on heroes.
Rearm no longer refreshes Ghost Scepter and Ethereal Blade (refreshing ghost is just as broken as refreshing BKB)
Ethereal Blade and Dagon nerfs reverted to pre-6.82 (no need to nerf Morphling just because Tinker was OP)

Naga Siren and Terrorblade

Illusions can no longer damage buildings. Whenever an illusion attacks a building, it explodes (just like when attacking Rosh)
All nerfs done in the past 2 years on Naga reverted. 6.82 Terrorblade nerf reverted.

Faceless Void

Chronosphere cast point increased from 0.35 to 0.6
(chrono should be cancellable like brew split)

Skywrath Mage

Arcane Bolt manacost increased from 70 to 90
Arcane Bolt damage from 60/80/100/120 + 1.6* INT to 40/70/100/130 + 2*INT
Concussive Shot slow from 30/35/40/45 to 15/25/35/50
Mystic Flare damage from 600/1000/1400 to 500/1000/1500. Duration reverted from 2.4 to 2 seconds
(Sky is just too good early game at low levels, he needs a nerf as a support/roamer. He should be made more level-dependent, in exchange of buffing his late game)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 25, 2014 5:19am | Report
Byebye Tinker combo.

Good Chronosphere nerf

Dude... That made Naga Siren completely unplayable

Sky... Dunno. Ok i guess.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kentard » November 25, 2014 6:13am | Report
I suppose I should hop in then. Starting with the carries *ahem*

Chaos Knight:
Phantasm Illusions can last anywhere between 30 - 40s.

Ember Spirit:
Searing Chains Duration rescaled to 1.5/2/2.5/3.
Searing Chains Damage per second rescaled to 60/75/90/105.
Sleight of Fist Unique Attack Modifiers deal 33% less damage.

Phantom Assassin:
Phantom Strike cast range reduced to 700

Riki:
Smoke Screen Move Speed slow rescaled to 20/25/30/35%.
Smoke Screen Attack Speed slow rescaled to 20/25/30/35.
Smoke Screen Miss chance rescaled to 25/35/45/55%.

Sven:
Storm Hammer cannot be disjointed by becoming invisible. It can, however, become disjointed by every other means.
*The primary projectile will be disjointed, but the AOE stun will be made separately, and can stun invisible units in the last acquired position of the spell's endpoint.

And now Oracle:
Fortune's End on enemy targets with Fate's Edict deals Pure damage.
False Promise Cooldown rescaled to 30/25/20.

I'll update the Initiators and Pushers at a later date.
Nice mask, they said.

What mask?

Kentard

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 26, 2014 1:58am | Report
Let's get started.

Phantom Assassin:
Coup de Grace critical strike chance increased to 20%.
Phantom Strike can now be cast on spell immune units, but will not give bonus attack speed against them.
Be honest, she needs a buff.

Terrorblade:
Sunder removed. (now he can have a USEFUL ult!)
Metamorphosis is now his ultimate. Duration rescaled to 50/60/70. Damage bonus rescaled to 60/70/80. Now grants Demonic Leap, which allows Terrorblade to leap forward 700/800/900 units in the direction he is currently facing. No longer reduces movement speed while active.
New ability: Zeal. Grants Terrorblade and his illusions a bonus 2/3/4/5 HP regeneration and 20/30/40/50 attack speed (this is an Endurance Aura effect like Yasha so illusions do get the IAS).
HP regen reduced to 0.25.
Base damage reduced by 4.
This is almost certainly ******ed OP.

Naga Siren:
Mirror Image illusion damage rescaled to 25/30/35/40%.
Now her damage steroid doesn't suck ***... well it still kinda does.

Huskar:
Burning Spears damage reduced to 5/8/11/14.
Agility gain increased to 2.4.
Armour increased to 3.
I don't care what you say, Burning Spears was insane. Adds 160 magical damage PER ATTACK at level 7. Sounds fair. This still keeps him effective.

Queen of Pain:
Scream of Pain cooldown rescaled to 9/8/7/6.

Night Stalker:
Crippling Fear duration rescaled to 6.5/7/7.5/8.
Darkness cooldown rescaled from 180/150/120 to 150/135/120.
Base movement speed increased to 305.
I really like Unscathed's change too.

Medusa:
Base damage increased by 6.

Faceless Void:
Chronosphere removed. (Yes, really.)
Time Walk cooldown reduced to 7.
Time Walk slow reduced to 10/15/20/25%.
New ultimate: Infinity. Passively allows Faceless Void's attacks to apply the Void Time debuff to anyone he attacks, increasing the damage they take from Time Lock by 4/7/10% per stack. When activated, purges all debuffs from Faceless Void and grants him 25% increased movement speed for 7 seconds.
This removes a lot of Void's much-*****ed about synergy but in return makes him much harder to kite, allows him to farm faster and gives him more lategame DPS. Will you please stop buying MoM on him now?

That's all I got for now. Some huge changes and some small ones to tweak Heroes in-line with each other.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 26, 2014 2:16am | Report
Sunder was not a useful ulti?
Man this is some tough ****.
You overestimate Metamorphosis severely

And Chronosphere removed? And what chase when he gets stunned to death while attacking.? You took away his lategame...

Agreed that Phantom Assassin needs a buff
I can live with the rest.
Do you have ideas for nerfing Slark?
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 26, 2014 2:19am | Report
Chaos Knight buff? Really? He's widely considered to be the most broken hero in this patch. 32 seconds when the only thing you can do is run away. GG.

Phantom Assassin buff? Well making her able to blink to magic immune enemies is already a huge change, but I really don't think her lack of DPS is an issue xD

Medusa...comsidered to be one of the most broken heroes this patch as well...pls. Her snake buff makes her almost a lane autowin. Theoretically she could even solo offlane just by spamming snake, her lane presence is completely stupid for a hard carry.

Pouncing Terrorblade? Why not. He has wings after all. Of course it's absurdly OP like that but I like the idea (just 70 second duration...volvo pls). It's just that I don't really like the old Zeal, kind of a placeholder skill, I think it's why it was changed. But you have a point Sunder is almost impossible to balance well and I don't think it's such a good idea of a skill. But Reflection needs a change as well actually...since people don't even skill it anymore since it comes online too late in the laning stage and in late game he has Skadi to slow anyways.

Faceless Void : his new ult feels a bit weak... Time Lock doesn't deal that much damage especially late game. Compared to a free Black Hole that is.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 26, 2014 2:24am | Report

Sunder was not a useful ulti?
Man this is some tough ****.
You overestimate Metamorphosis severely

And Chronosphere removed? And what chase when he gets stunned to death while attacking.? You took away his lategame...

Agreed that Phantom Assassin needs a buff
I can live with the rest.
Do you have ideas for nerfing Slark?

Sunder was pretty bad. If you were ahead, well it didn't matter, you don't need it, you're winning anyway. If you're behind, you're still probably going to die after using it and will at best go 1-for-1. Only if it's a very close game will Sunder make a huge difference, and then it just feels gimmicky and cheap. It's also boring, unflashy, and just generally not great.

Void gets a BKB, problem (mostly) solved... he usually got one anyway.

Slark doesn't seem that broken to me... just really cheap. It's like the whole Hero is one big Sunder. But actually fun to use.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 26, 2014 2:35am | Report
I cant beleive the great terathiel who made the Terrorblade guide is sayin this!

You ever get jumped 2v1. Sunder
Ever get nuked and stunned hard but survived barely. Sunder.
Wanna troll? Go armlet get weak and Sunder.

I have been in situations where after going boots of travles and being 5 levels ahead that i needed Sunder to 1v5 them.
Cant even think of playing him without Sunder.

Sunder is not cheap it cost 200 mana to cast in at lvl 6 :P
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 26, 2014 2:52am | Report
Sure, Sunder can save you many times, but as always the best way to get out of a bad situation is not be caught in that situation to begin with. It seems ridiculous but it is a 'win-more' ult as I explained before. Besides, the Demonic Leap ability attached to the new Metamorphosis is an escape as well as a positioning tool. I'd generally consider the rework a ridiculous buff that won't make it two days in beta before being nerfed.

I've been in situations where Sunder has turned around teamfights as well, and ******** does it feel good. But those fights would also have been turned around if I had been able to Force Staff myself and had increased DPS to work with.

And I'm CERTAINLY not that great. My Terrorblade winrate is ****ing humiliating... I have this hangover of fail from when I first started him :)

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved