Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windranger deserve nerf?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Windranger deserve nerf? 100 posts - page 9 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 30, 2015 1:20pm | Report
Xyrus' face when he sees this thread

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by apaz » November 30, 2015 2:41pm | Report
My oh my this thread has gotten off topic.

My newest guide:

Picking up Skywrath

apaz

Notable (17)
Steam: apaz
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 30, 2015 4:57pm | Report
Is that cat pic from your stash of "pics that you find cute which is actually my way of calling pron" stash?

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 30, 2015 5:00pm | Report
Guys this isn't a spam thread, so let's get back on topic and ***** about Windrunner some more.

I'll start, and I doubt I need to continue the se-

****ING SHACKLESHOT HOLY **** ON A HERO THAT CAN REKT YOU IN THAT 7 BILLION YEAR STUN AND LOSE FIGHT BECAUSE THAT DUMB**** LINA STOOD BEHIND ME HAS STUPID GONE TOO FAR?!! KS'ED FROM 2000 UNITS AWAY THANKS WINDRUNNER YOU DIPSTICK YOU REALLY EARNED THAT KILL WTF 3 MERLINIS WAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDSSSSSSSSSSWWWWW OH I'M DIVING NO PROBLEM JUST ACTIVATE MATRIX POWERS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOTTA GO FAST ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ LMAO DISJOINT FROM UNDER MKB, THINK YOU LANDED THAT LAST HIT KAPPA 4HEAD? FARMING FAST WITH MY ******ED ATTACK ANIMATION AND BASE DAMAGE [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] MO' MONEY, MO' ****ERS [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] WHAT IS THE LEASH RANGE ON THIS!!!!

ffssssssssssss

aab; faov thqpo haef

At this stage I'm not even going to pretend I want balance. Sick of seeing this hero. She's been a blight on fun for the past 4 patches. Make her unplayable, an autolose pick to have a bit of variety in the world because this hero is a skidmark on the underwear of the dotaverse. Or do you only nerf Terrorblade into oblivion?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » November 30, 2015 7:04pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Guys this isn't a spam thread, so let's get back on topic and ***** about Windrunner some more.

I'll start, and I doubt I need to continue the se-

****ING SHACKLESHOT HOLY **** ON A HERO THAT CAN REKT YOU IN THAT 7 BILLION YEAR STUN AND LOSE FIGHT BECAUSE THAT DUMB**** LINA STOOD BEHIND ME HAS STUPID GONE TOO FAR?!! KS'ED FROM 2000 UNITS AWAY THANKS WINDRUNNER YOU DIPSTICK YOU REALLY EARNED THAT KILL WTF 3 MERLINIS WAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDSSSSSSSSSSWWWWW OH I'M DIVING NO PROBLEM JUST ACTIVATE MATRIX POWERS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ GOTTA GO FAST ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ LMAO DISJOINT FROM UNDER MKB, THINK YOU LANDED THAT LAST HIT KAPPA 4HEAD? FARMING FAST WITH MY ******ED ATTACK ANIMATION AND BASE DAMAGE [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] MO' MONEY, MO' ****ERS [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] WHAT IS THE LEASH RANGE ON THIS!!!!

ffssssssssssss

aab; faov thqpo haef

At this stage I'm not even going to pretend I want balance. Sick of seeing this hero. She's been a blight on fun for the past 4 patches. Make her unplayable, an autolose pick to have a bit of variety in the world because this hero is a skidmark on the underwear of the dotaverse. Or do you only nerf Terrorblade into oblivion?

For once, we agree. i'm already sick of seeing those no skill Windrangers getting shackles because of the stupid leash range that can miraculously leash you onto a random unit seemingly out of range, and procede to kill you in 2 seconds flat with 2 items in her inventory. The nerfs so far aren't even that hard, purgable Focus Fire is significant, but you have to either buy the purge, or have a hero that can purge, and would make those heroes be a situational counter to wr. Making shackle disjointable is necessary, it is just too strong a skill right now, unless the latch range is nerfed instead, and even then i could make a point for making it disjointable

You guy compare Meat Hook and Sacred Arrow to shackle, but the skills are so different from each other. Shackle is so freaking easy to land, even complete noobs can land it. Meat Hook and Sacred Arrow on the other hand, can easily be dodged if you have vision of the hero. That skill is complete bs right now, i demandshackle to be nerfed

ps: sorry if i sound salty, i am really upset about the number of stupid shackle latches that look like they are nowhere near latch range. and to all those who say to go into "street view", tell me, who the f*** plays in that camera?

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » November 30, 2015 9:15pm | Report
I think my forces have grown.

Man 2 threads offroaded. I think its time I go back into benign mode.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » November 30, 2015 10:34pm | Report

I think my forces have grown.

Man 2 threads offroaded. I think its time I go back into benign mode.

Please do, we need more healthy discussion, not more cats(can't say i hate them though).

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 30, 2015 11:03pm | Report
After a month of playing with and against Wind, I think she's actually way outshined in brokenness by Shadow Fiend. Wind, though she's terrifying if she gains momentum, is actually quite weak playing from behind due to her less than stellar farm rate.

If she's 6.84 Bloodseeker, then SF is 6.84 Storm Spirit. One is much better than the other, but one pisses people off a lot more when it wins.

But yes, the hero is still a bit too powerful.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » December 1, 2015 3:21am | Report
Finally on topic: http://www.dotabuff.com/blog/2015-11-30-does-windranger-deserve-a-nerf

That Xyrus'cat face deserves so much reps though.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 1, 2015 5:24am | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

After a month of playing with and against Wind, I think she's actually way outshined in brokenness by Shadow Fiend. Wind, though she's terrifying if she gains momentum, is actually quite weak playing from behind due to her less than stellar farm rate.

If she's 6.84 Bloodseeker, then SF is 6.84 Storm Spirit. One is much better than the other, but one pisses people off a lot more when it wins.

But yes, the hero is still a bit too powerful.

Shadow Fiend is one of the most balanced heroes that are in meta right now, I don't know how you'd consider him 6.84 Storm, there's not even an OP item for him(6.84 Storm was also balanced, but Bloodstone was OP instead, well... not anymore). If you nerf cd/manacost of his QWE he'll be completely fine.

Wind, on contrary, is just a compendium of ******** mechanics and spell traits. And she doesn't even need to have great farm rate because she already can kill enemy carries that outfarm her by 4k networth with just Aghs and Mael.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved