Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windranger deserve nerf?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Windranger deserve nerf? 100 posts - page 1 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 3, 2015 5:21am | Report
Hi!

This question bothers me since she gained aghns upgrade. But really, she's being buffed since 6.72. Offlane or Mid-lane, her perform is just fantastic (too much above avarage this days).

She deserve nerf or don't?

Leave this question to you guys.

Thank you.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » November 3, 2015 5:35am | Report
I don't know why you think she is broken.
I got her fairly often in my games and while her single target dps may be absurd that is the only thing she excels at. And she is ultra vulnerable to magic burst. She just can't handle it.
Her Shackleshot is the only really broken thing and it can be avoided although it is a bit hard.
Maybe you should reformulate the question and ask for advice to beat her.
Ps: I don't think bad of you or want to troll you in any way. We all thought at a time that some heroes are op (even happens to the best players here) but there is always a weakness that needs to be exploited. Anyways don't wanna go too offtopic here.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 3, 2015 5:39am | Report
In this patch? Definitely yes.

In pervious patches? Not that much since she had a lot of counters in the meta (magic damage dealers, highly mobile heroes, etc)

Essentially IMO she was balanced as long as she was buffed to compensate for the fact that she was a bad pick in the previous patches against the most common heroes. Now that everything that's good against her has been massively nerfed, she's actually become pretty OP.

So for me that's really a 6.85 thing, a WR in literally every game.

Just nerf her laning stage. She's way too strong in lane compared to what she brings later in the game. Base damage is too high and Windrun is way too good with only 1 point in it (trades hits with any hero for 3 seconds, which is actualy more like 4 seconds since it also disjoints anything that was fired beforehand), reduce duration to 2 seconds at lvl 1 or something.
Being able to dive the mid tower while taking zero damage for 4+ seconds (by abusing disjoint) with only one value point in a skill is definitely not balanced.

(And for God's sake remove this stupid glitch where Windrun can disjoint even Monkey King Bar hits. Like if you have MKB, you fire a projectile at her and she activates windrun in the meantime, it still misses. It really shouldn't work like this, pls fix.)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 3, 2015 5:46am | Report
I am not worry about beat her, just about how her skills are far more efficient than the average.

Shackeshot have cast point of 0.15 and can't be disjoint
Powershot have range of 2600 and 1 sec only for casting
Windrun is 6 sec duration, have a slow aura, and something that I don't feel right, that she can disjoint one single attack, even with mkb.
Focus fire with aghns have 0 attack damage reduction and cd of 15.

Those are the motives that I think that something should be nerfed on her.

You think otherwise about her? Just for the burst weakness (and it's not a weakness at all with full speed)? Why?

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » November 3, 2015 6:33am | Report
She needs minor nerfs probably, but I don't think she's too OP.

Powershot is fine I think, Shackleshot probably needs somewhat of a nerf. Her laning is pretty good, so possibly nerfs as Hamster suggested.

Overall as a Windranger player myself, she is very strong, so will probably get nerfed. But I assume, and hope, that it won't really be a huge nerf.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 3, 2015 6:37am | Report
Definetly. There are a lot of ways to nerf the hero because there is too much stuff she is good at. Super-good attack animation+damage, a very long stun(and let's not pretend it's a "skillshot", it is as much a skillshot as 6.84 Leshrac's Split Earth), extremely long range and high damage nuke, huge Ms boost/slow and 100% evasion and a max attack speed steroid. Oh, she also has no cooldowns.

I'd go a way of nerfing Shackleshot pretty hard - severely reduce stun duration and lower the cooldown a bit, and also nerfing the **** out of Agh's ulti cd. Being able to single-handedly take one hero out of a fight is okay for a mid hero, maybe even for a snowballed offlaner, but doing it on a 15 second cooldown is absolute ********. Volvo fix pls.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » November 3, 2015 7:28am | Report
The hero is a little bit too strong due to power creeps and a lack of "In the meta" counters, besides Winter Wyvern. I don't find her that big a threat, since as a player, I often pick nukers like Lich and Sand King.

But if was gonna nerf her, I would increase the mana costs of her spells so she can't go for her current build of no int or mana regen on an INT hero. Shackleshot mana to 130. Powershot to 110/120/130/140. Windrun to 125. Focus Fire to 125/175/225.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 3, 2015 7:44am | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

But if was gonna nerf her, I would increase the mana costs of her spells so she can't go for her current build of no int or mana regen on an INT hero. Shackleshot mana to 130. Powershot to 110/120/130/140. Windrun to 125. Focus Fire to 125/175/225.

Agreed.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » November 3, 2015 8:29am | Report
So much hate on my favorite herione.
Go die in a pool of blood all of you.

Kappa

She is good.She is sexy and all she needs is a starting int nerf. Nothing more

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 3, 2015 9:01am | Report
Do you think it's really the appropriate day to be talking about nerfs to the red haired one -.-'

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved