Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windranger deserve nerf?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Windranger deserve nerf? 100 posts - page 4 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » November 3, 2015 6:23pm | Report
yeah, once she has her core items, she stuns for 3.75 seconds on a 10sec cd, and can kill any target in that 3.75sec.

Remember stungun morph? This WR is basically stungun morph and shotgun morph both in one. Doesn't matter that morph is better at it than wr, because she can be both at the same time, unlike morph who needs time to morph stats.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 4, 2015 3:21am | Report
Ok the thing i notice is that people are looking at this COMPLETELY WRONG.
I read all sorts of discussions about how this or that spell is too strong, which is not relevant at all.
Winds ult is always going to do a lot of damage, shackle will always stun 2 heroes for a decent amount. Storm is always gonna be zipping around. Bloodseeker is always gonna be running around at high movespeed.
Thats what makes dota interesting, crazy strong spells. But a crazy strong spell doesnt make a hero OP.

Lets analyse this. Shes the most picked hero in pubs ehich isnt very relevant. Her winrate is just below 50. That tells us shes a good hero to maintain a decent winrate despite the high amount of picks.

Pro games: generally not firstpick aside from teams like secret that pick around comfort mid heroes.
About ~24% pick rate. ~16% banrate. 39% contested. (I rounded some numbers up.)
So picked a decent amount, but not as much that have to worry about the dropping winrate that happens when a hero gets picked too much, for example troll warlord had a below 50% winrate in the later portions of 6.83 cause he was picked blindly and figured out a bit.

So she has 188 games with a 46% winrate, not very impressive at all.

Sure some things might change, but the thing is that the average dotafire poster is way too impulsive.
Patch comes out, JESUS SPECTRE SO OP. A while later, spectre turns out not OP.
The funny thing to see is that the complaining about specific things usually dies a quiet death. Dispersion, level 1 pounce, witch doctor ult, ogre armor.

My point, stop looking at specific stuff that annoys you and look at the actual results and how the hero works.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 4, 2015 3:53am | Report
It's not about stuff that annoys you. When a hero is among your most played and you find it OP when YOU are playing it...or a teammate...this argument just doesn't hold.

Like when you play 6.80 Void and get a 90% winrate over like 50 games, there's a point where it starts feeling like cheating :)

Of course if you're not used to a hero you and you just lost one game playing against him you might overlook something that he's weak at, like Slark being easy to shut down in lane and easy to keep underfarmed, WD being an easy pickoff while he's farming his aghs, or whatever. But if it's a hero that you're playing all the time and that's sitting at the top of your win charts...what then?
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 4, 2015 4:18am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

When a hero is among your most played and most successful and you find it OP when YOU are playing it...or a teammate...this argument just doesn't hold.

Like when you play 6.80 Void and get a 90% winrate over like 50 games, there's a point where it starts feeling like cheating :)

(...)But if it's a hero that you're playing all the time and that's sitting at the top of your win charts...what then?

So all those who are spamming Riki on low level games are right when they say he's OP, just because they play him and they think so? I don't think so.

There are several sides to this, and I think everything that has been brought up so far is interesting, when based in the arguments about the hero skills, hero statistics, what you think means to be balanced or not, etc. But you can't just say "I win too much with the hero, that means he's OP". It may just as well mean your opponents suck, you're lucky or even just very good with that hero.

If you want me to believe that Faceless Void was OP at some point just show me that 90% winrate over 50 games that you talked about :P

And as for Wind, do you think she's still OP, even when the numbers show she's not a guaranteed win, far from that? And how come has Bunkan been spamming her since always and he hasn't a 90% winrate? ahah

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 4, 2015 4:36am | Report
Oh come on, you need proof to show that old Void with 80 second cd evasion-disabling refresher chrono was one of the biggest imbalances in dota history? Please :)
And with the old refresher please, which gave great right-click and had a 165 second cd XD

And I was not saying "I win too much with that hero this means he's OP". I was saying that it's not just about impulsive reactions about one game where you lose against a specific hero or where you find a specific skill annoying. It's about the other point of view too, when you actually play the hero or see a teammate play him and find that something is way too strong as well. And here I'm talking about every skill level so this includes games you watch at the highest MMRs, where you can objectively make up your mind about this stuff (without being annoyed, because you're not the one playing).

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 4, 2015 4:38am | Report
michimatsch wrote:

And not beeing attracted to overseized boobs appearently makes me a psychopath or sth.

I think this deserves a thread of its own in the off-topic forum, to chill from the recent too serious discussions about Dota :D

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 4, 2015 4:50am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Edit: @RmM_oo
Good luck with improving Dota and getting boobs out of your mind ahah

Thank you man, i'll try for a change. ^.^

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 4, 2015 4:53am | Report
RmM_oo wrote:

Thank you man, i'll try for a change. ^.^

Btw, this probably doesn't help with your mission, but I'm not a man, I'm the only active female member on Dota Fire atm ahah

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » November 4, 2015 5:25am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

It's not about stuff that annoys you. When a hero is among your most played and you find it OP when YOU are playing it...or a teammate...this argument just doesn't hold.

Of course if you're not used to a hero you and you just lost one game playing against him you might overlook something that he's weak at, like Slark being easy to shut down in lane and easy to keep underfarmed, WD being an easy pickoff while he's farming his aghs, or whatever. But if it's a hero that you're playing all the time and that's sitting at the top of your win charts...what then?

Exactly thats what im saying. The only thing that matters is if shes winningtok much and she isnt.
But well its a shame some heroes get overnerfed because of complaint about stuff that some people find annoying.
Take bloodseeker for instance, conplete trash now, he was good in pubs last patch but even there i personally had no trouble dealing with him. Thats just me and all the complaints didnt come out of nowhere, but he wasnt even good in professional games, he was just an occasional cheesy pubstomper.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 4, 2015 5:39am | Report
Yeah it's a shame for bugattiseeker...honestly you could just have nerfed his laning stage a bit by toning down his last-hitting ability (e.g make bloodrage no longer increase damage on creeps), and he was fine. He didn't have to become trash with a massive passive nerf. He's almost weaker than in 6.83 now -_-

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved