Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windranger deserve nerf?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Windranger deserve nerf? 100 posts - page 2 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 3, 2015 9:20am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Do you think it's really the appropriate day to be talking about nerfs to the red haired one -.-'

Is there any problem that I'm not aware of?

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 3, 2015 9:23am | Report
RmM_oo wrote:

Is there a problem that I'm not aware of?

Just birthday Fangirlism...

Don't mind it XD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 3, 2015 9:27am | Report
lol

I'm trying to be critical over here. hahahaha

Maybe a nerf in the boobs then.

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 3, 2015 9:48am | Report
RmM_oo wrote:

lol

I'm trying to be critical over here. hahahaha

Maybe a nerf in the boobs then.

Yeah sorry eheh

In her non-existent boobs?! Are you kidding?? And no, all those images you see on the internet are fake boobs. Wind is the poor sister compared to Luna, Mirana or even Vengeful Spirit.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » November 3, 2015 10:01am | Report
Why are you so into boobs? Why does everyone like big boobs? Why are we even talking about them? Uh well.
Onto the topic. I actually never noticed her to be so strong.
So she is like Gyrocopter right now?
But yeah I like the idea of nerfing Shckleshot or maybe remove the slow of Windrun

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 3, 2015 11:15am | Report
Cause a woman's chest is much more sexually attractive than a man's chest. And the same goes for the... rear side. After all, she's the one giving birth to babies, not you. If these 2 parts are ummm decently sized, means she's healthy and usually the baby will be as well. That's why "rounder" women were much more highly regarded in the Middle Ages + Reneissance than skinny ones.

Back to the thread: She's fine atm. Monkey King Bar still wrecks her pretty hard, but the item stopped being so popular with so many late game possibilities now.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 3, 2015 11:24am | Report
I agree with everything that Wulf says (including Wind - for the love of god guys, stop complaining about this hero or that hero being OP, they aren't, you can just play smarter and counter them, almost always - and if you're losing cause of Shackleshots I pity you).

Michi, it's all in the theory of evolution :D

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 3, 2015 11:57am | Report
Just play smarter and counter 6.83 Troll Warlord and Sniper, play better, get TPs(it';s not like they have huge-*** cooldown or something) and counter Bloodseeker, and there's an easy way to stop Leshrac - just don't get hit by Lightning Storm and Split Earth. You can also counter Lina by buying Pipe of Insight 10 minutes in.

I know it is salty and overly sarcastic but I really think people should stop using "just get good and counter it" in their arguments. Coming from the contrary, there is no hero who can't be countered and outplayed - so that essentially means Dota 2 is perfectly balanced and all heroes are okay?

It's basically no-brainer that the hero with such versatility, laning presence, kill potential, uptime and lategame scaling can't be balanced. You complained about Lina being broken(though she still is, but that's besides the point)? Here's your Lina, with slightly watered lane presence traded for innate escape potential.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RmM_oo » November 3, 2015 11:59am | Report
Ok, but consider this: She's top tier pick because of her versatility. Well, Brewmaster is versatile and you don't see him very often. Doom is versatile and just got minor nerf in .85b.

She can fit 3 even 4 positions, and without any drawback.

Last patch tombstone was strong early stages, and got nerfed.

Oh, well, thank you all for your comments. I definitively going to take your thoughts in consideration.

And PS: I'm brazilian by the way, boobs are always in my mind. (maybe thats why my dota sucks)

RmM_oo

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 3, 2015 12:16pm | Report
Brew is slightly overpowered as well, Hurl Boulder is too good. He is similarly versatile, true(though he can only be laned solo safe or solo hard situationally, unlike WR), butother than that he is a different hero. His lane presence isn't that great, he scales into lategame much worse(though I, being aware of this, prefer to build him into a rightclick/aura semi-carry now because pubs suck at coordination. Doesn't mean it's as viable as lategame WR), he has severe mana problems and downtime(though he can ball even without ulti if he gets a good start and a good lineup beside him), and he's a completely different hero overall, suited for other things and with much more weaknesses to exploit.

Doom also has downtime problem and he's only beiong picked massively as offlaner because of his Scorched Earth. He got nerfs because Scorched Earth was overpowered but the toad is too proud to admit he's gone too far with Scorched Earth so he had to present other nerfs instead.

It's not any of WR's indisputable strengths, it's all of them combined. You can't have a jack of all trades and a master of all those at the same time, it's just not fair.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved