Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Windranger deserve nerf?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum
Forum » Theory Crafting » Windranger deserve nerf? 100 posts - page 7 of 10
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 30, 2015 7:01am | Report
I see your point, Hamster, you're right I think.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 30, 2015 7:30am | Report
Hmm... Lemme add my two cents here.

@Hamstertamer

I have to say, it's not just Shackle and Focusfire that's making the hero right now. I think you hinted at it: It's windrun and powershot giving WR such a monstrous early game (I mean, no other really beats Viper 1v1, right?)

I suggest nerfing one skill from combo A ({Q} + {R}) and nerfing one from combo B ({W} + {E}).

Or slightly nerfing all of his skills.

And also, Shackleshot is not at all a guaranteed latch. It is when you get a Blink Dagger, but most people want to get Agh's first and what not, that it sometimes comes so late in the game that most of the important people have BKB's already.

Oh, and Magic damage completely shuts her down.

My suggestions
  • Focus Fire is now a debuff on the target and not a buff on WR. It can be dispelled by greater dispels, and does not persist through death (whether that may be Aegis, Buyback, etc.)
  • Towers have True Strike
  • Focus Fire Agh's upgrade: Duration to 10 (when have you ever used it for more than 10 seconds?), cooldown to 20.

Cheers!
TheSofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 30, 2015 7:59am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Focus Fire Agh's upgrade: Duration to 10 (when have you ever used it for more than 10 seconds?), cooldown to 20.

When Roshing, when Pushing Towers and against Tanky targets like Dragon Knight, Doom Bringer, etc.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 30, 2015 8:17am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Or slightly nerfing all of his skills.

Sofa, don't let Purge drive you into this mistake. There are female heroes in Dota, and although Wind's attributes are not by far the biggest, she's still one of them :)

#NerfShackleBuffBoobies2015

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 30, 2015 8:30am | Report
Giving true strike to towers nerfes evasion heroes and Butterfly carries, having evasion or not determines just for how long can you rat and tank the tower most of the time. Also it almost kills Wr's ability to(sic!) kill early-game.

I've said why she is OP and stuff several times already so I'll just rant a bit more about this hero:

rant

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lofy » November 30, 2015 9:18am | Report
Mirana is just an overall ******** hero. (except 4 the fun factor) Building euls is just removing that factor... Support who needs an item as setup for her disable... +big cooldown. Ultimate witch is just worth 4 smokes... The only thing you can do is to throw an arrow over 30.000 miles away to catch a hero who would else be safe. And that u can not do with euls... or safe a team mate. So it is a skill shot.

Carry Potential of Agi heroes - Most agi heroes tend to have higher AGI-gain. So they are most likly to have higher Carry Potential. And hey to have one Stat that gives u armor (tankyness) attackspeed (DPS) and damage (DPS) only Agi Heroes have that potential. But yeahr Mirana is also a ******** carry because she lags those steroids.

But we could agree that damage steroids are much greater faktor than beeing agi or not.

Windrunner can be countered, and as u sayed, she was not OP when there where counters in the meta, and she is only picked so often because nobody would like to comit even a pick to counter her. So the right way should be to buff counters not to nerf an obviously not so strong hero... So that we have one more hero in the meta not one less ;) And if just nerf her base damage...

Lofy

View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 30, 2015 9:48am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

RANT

I think you need this, Dimony.

Spoiler: Click to view

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » November 30, 2015 9:53am | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

I think Dota needs to learn marketing from League, and league should learn how to balance, and set gameplay from dota.

League is pretty balanced though lol. Apart from this preseason thing anyways. It's great that they are trying their wings with braver stuff like the ADCs changes and itemization changes - preseasons are perfect for that.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 30, 2015 10:13am | Report

Is this a "throw a random unrelated image into the thread" kind of game? Ok.

Spoiler: Click to view

Seriously though, what does this image have to do with anything I've written and with my rant in particular? I have a growth mindset in Dota for a long time already, I'm just letting out the frustration from balance in this game I sometimes have.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » November 30, 2015 10:20am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

I have a growth mindset in Dota for a long time already, I'm just letting out the frustration from balance in this game I sometimes have.

In that case you need this more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Also you posted that pretty grill just to make us ask who she is, admit it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved