Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Viper and Drow Vlad´s

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Viper and Drow Vlad´s 14 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 23, 2015 1:03pm | Report
Is it ok to build vladmir on drow or viper ? the last patch says vlad have 10% lifesteal for ranged now on and seems kind of good, for viper because he can MANFIGHT the **** out and drow because i think Markmanship her ult and vlads aura can stack !( never tested it so far)

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » May 23, 2015 2:14pm | Report
Yeah, it's pretty legit, except there are better items on Viper and Drow.

Like Mekansm on Viper and Helm of the Dominator on Drow Ranger

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 23, 2015 3:13pm | Report
Well, with Drow, the Aura is Global, so it's better to build the Vladimir's Offering on a Tankier Hero so you get the most use out of the Auras in fights. As for Viper, if your Team needs it, you can get it, but Mekansm, Aghanim's Scepter and Black King Bar will usually be more effective on him.

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 23, 2015 3:53pm | Report
Outworld Devourer and Silencer are on the pool too( but octarina core is better in every way)

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Nubtrain » May 23, 2015 3:56pm | Report
YellulzQuiet wrote:

Outworld Devourer and Silencer are on the pool too( but octarina core is better in every way)

and also cost 3675 more gold

Nubtrain
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (58)
Steam: Nubtrain
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 23, 2015 3:58pm | Report
Does viper have the mana pool for all this ? i mean meka has a high mana cost this patch and the cd is lame, also he have to spam his ult because of aghanim´s scepter, also Glimmer cape has beend used on viper to substitute bkb or when it is on cooldown, but because 6.84b moar mana needs
i thing Vlads should substitute meka this patch cause viper has no mana for meka

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by YellulzQuiet » May 23, 2015 4:00pm | Report
Nubtrain wrote:

and also cost 3675 more gold

They are on the pool because of that :)))

YellulzQuiet

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by MrLocket » May 23, 2015 5:04pm | Report
Until Vladmir's Offering get an advanced upgrade like Shadow Blade -> Silver Edge, I don't really think ranged heroes should build a Vladmir's Offering, although it scales into late game and it could boost a lot of damage for Drow Ranger since she stacks AGI, but she can get the same benefits under aura from other Vladmir's Offering's holder. So it's better to leave it to #3/4 for now.
My face -> ( / *3*)/

MrLocket

Notable (16)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Pro_in_progamer » May 23, 2015 8:45pm | Report
Vlads can totally work on viper and drow but there are other items that do it better and other heroes vlads is better on like a abandon support of a pl

Pro_in_progamer

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » June 5, 2015 8:02am | Report
Vladmir's Offering is, in my opinion, what I'd call a tier 2 support item: something that's not an obvious pick up for a support but nevertheless something your 4 or 3 position should be getting if they have the cash, and the situation calls for it. Your 1 position shouldn't spend money on it unless it benefits him specifically in some obvious way: like Phantom Lancer giving all his illusions additional damage.

It's like how sometimes a support should pick up a Diffusal Blade if their carry has a hard time with being kited in fights, or how sometimes you'll see a support buy an Assault Cuirass because the carry needs to use their slots for more effective late game items. It's like Glimmer Cape and Solar Crest and heck, Linken's Sphere. It's an item to buff your carry, but not necessarily an item your carry should buy.

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved