Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Theory Crafting in unrealistic scenarios, part 2

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Theory Crafting in unrealistic scenarios, part 2 20 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 2, 2014 7:22am | Report
Last time I posted a question about who would be the best in -wtf mode. It was received with some amount of enthusiasm, so I decided I'll try to make another one!

If you started with 10 000 gold, which hero would you pick and why?

Notes:
  • Last-hits do not provide gold any more. Neither do kills. Only towers.
  • Hand of Midas is banned for this exercise.

On a count of three... 1! 2! 4! 3! GO!!!!

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » November 2, 2014 8:07am | Report
Tricky one...you have to consider someone who can be very effective without being 6 slotted (~30k for a hard carry), but also there's no level limit, so big stat gains are a bonus.

I'd probably look at either a semi-carry or strong teamfighter. E.g. Juggernaut with Phase Boots, Aghanim's Scepter, Drum of Endurance...maybe an Armlet of Mordiggian or Maelstrom to round it off. Or say Sand King with Blink Dagger, Veil of Discord, Arcane Boots and a Soul Booster. Obviously cost-efficiency of items is a big deal here.

You could even consider say Witch Doctor - Aghanim's Scepter and Black King Bar make him very effective. Items like Crystalys, Soul Booster, Rod of Atos, Veil of Discord are very cost effective.

You could even consider heroes who hit very hard and have minimal core equipment to make them really effective - e.g. Sven, Tiny, Phantom Assassin etc. E.g. Tiny with just Aghanim's Scepter, Assault Cuirass and plain boots is pretty scary.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 2, 2014 8:14am | Report
Yeah, most supports live on boots and bracers anyway... xD

The thing is, you're still starting at level one, and you still have to level up. Last-hits still grant experience, though.

I would probably say... Skywrath Mage, Bloodstone + Agh's. xD

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » November 2, 2014 8:42am | Report
What about Clinkz? An Orchid from level 1 seems pretty scary, especially if you can buy damage items (like a Crystalys) with it.

Also, Heroes with scaling attributes like Legion Commander and Silencer can work around the fixed amount of money: Blink, Cuirass and an extra item are enough on LC as she gets extra damage from her ultimate, while Silencer gets so much intelligence from kills that he can go Agh's and Refresher with basic Boots.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » November 2, 2014 9:51am | Report
Perhaps Ember Spirit? He has good enough dependence on abilities to where items aren't a HUGE huge deal, but items still help tremendously. I'd probably go with him just because I'm more comfortable with him then some other heroes.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 2, 2014 10:10am | Report
Centaur goes Heart blink and Drum?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » November 2, 2014 10:36am | Report
Kunnka with Phase Boots, Crsytalis, Divine Rapier, a Magic Stick, and two Iron Branch's.

Get Tidebringer level 1, one shot most waves, and potentially Heroes from the off.

Has very little potential for scaling outside of boat, but hey, killing somebody with every sweep of the sword for the first 10-15 minutes or more is a wonderful feeling.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 2, 2014 1:30pm | Report
Anti-Mage with Blink with lvl5 Dagon and Ethereal Blade, there are only 13 Heroes in the game with more than 600 HP at lvl1 and Ethereal Blade makes even them melt instantly! 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 2, 2014 1:46pm | Report
LOL Why anitmage? You could be Riki and be permanently invisible while you did that combo. You make a good point about heroes being super squishy at Lvl 1, but they could start out with an Eye of Skadi or Heart of Tarrasque with Pipe of Insight and that would kill the combo.
Honestly, I think that Kunkka with a heart and a few divines would probably be best, but Morphling would probably rock that level 1 with good hp, armor, attack speed, and damage just from level one Morph and some items.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Izzet Cthulu » November 2, 2014 1:49pm | Report
Same goes for terror blade rocking that level 1 Metamorphosis with Eye of Skadi, Butterfly, Satanic, Daedalus, Boots of Travel, and Manta Style.
(Z->)90° - (E-N²W)90°t=1

Izzet Cthulu

Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved